look at this:
Why do you care @naiba you not gonna play anyway, so itās just interest for moaning material, rightā¦
Curiosity. Itās being bungled in Star Citizen at the moment, figured it was worth seeing how their competition were doing with it.
Iām also interested though I donāt play Elite any more.
Itās an interesting design decision.
Alright, each commander will get the full income earned during multi-play or can decline to take the income and fines.
All bounties and vouchers that the helmsman (ship owner) receives are duplicated for each crewmember, making multicrew a great way to have fun with friends without missing out on money-making opportunities.
However, as they share the benefits, so too do they share the punishments. Any crime that the ship suffers is applied to all crewmembers equally. But when a Commander leaves or ends a session, the crew will have the option of avoiding taking the crimes with them, but in doing so, will lose all credits earned. It will be their choice.
Major combat buff benefit is the introduction of a separate power distribution for the additional crew members and the ability to flight extra player controlled fighters.
Every crewmember also has access to a power distributor pip that they can assign dynamically. This is in addition to the standard pips that the helm controls. This extra power distribution allows the ship to operate more effectively, increasing its capabilities in combat.
The fighter con role lets a crewmember launch and control a fighter, even if the helm has already launched a fighter using NPC crew. This allows multicrew ships to have two fighters active at a time. In addition, if the ship has enough fighters, both crewmembers can take on the fighter con role, meaning three human controlled ships can be flying at the same time.
So the ships will not be 200% more powerful with an additional crew member, but hopefully powerful enough to make the commanders feature used.
The crew part of the game would have been a lot more interesting if the ships were really designed for it.
Every ship in the game is limited to weapons firing forward.
There are no turrets. No way for the whole crew to join the fun in a fight.
The fighters dont really count. A few seconds of fire from any bigger ship will fry them, and then what?
Uhhh, what? Any ship in the game can have a turreted weapon. Pulse, burst, beam, cannon, multi-cannon, and fragment cannons all have turreted variants. They just do lower damage than their fixed and gimbaled counterparts.
I guess itās a way to make credits if youāre incompetent. Sitting around being rewarded while someone with actual skill flies the ship.
You donāt need to be incompetent to be lazy and thatās a perfectly good reason to squat in a type 9.
I know, but I doubt players will be given control over them. I mean manned turrets on the bigger ships. A rear turret on the Type 9 would be cool.
Yes, players will be given control of them.
The gunner role allows a crewmember to take control of all turreted weapons on the ship. They do not need to jump between turret views though. Using a third person interface, they control a reticule that all turrets within their arc will automatically follow; giving them improved spatial awareness and easy control of all turreted weapons.
Kind of like what is planned for IBS capital ships.
Pretty disappointed with this update, from what I have seen so far. I had expected something more than just a quick-match feature with limited combat functionality. Here are a couple of things I had hoped to be able to do with multicrew, which wonāt be possible:
- booking passage on someone elseās ship to another system, where I would have had another ship / buddy waiting for me
- being rescued from a planetās surface
- acting as second-in-command for a buddy, controlling the ship when he wasnāt around (with his permission of course)
- being able to navigate, repair, manage system power etc. as a crewman
And then thereās the whole telepresence / TPP camera debate which just makes a mockery of the entire gameās lore. Apparently weāre all holograms controlling other holograms controlling ship launched fighters, or holograms controlling a god-mode camera whereas the shipās captain still has to struggle with obstructed views and a 1-bit enemy representation on his HUD.
It feels to me like the least amount of effort or thought went into this update, and at this point, itās just one superficial update too many.
FD is focused to port elite on PS and with already pc and xbox port they will cover all gaming market.
Thatās why season 2 last double(2years instead 1).
Major KS goals like atmo-planets or legs could already been here but they set porting to cosoles as priority so they donāt need to do same work twice.
I believe thatās why we didnāt get deeper mehanics and updates.
Even porting it to consoles it doesnāt give me much hope it will bring too complex mehanics like DB said in KS.
Iām afraid ābeigeā patch and lowering rendering and making flat and more simple planets surface is due to adjust it for consoles and itās performance capabilities.
So donāt expect too compicated mehanics and features, they will keep it simple as possible to support consoles.
I just hope after 2.4 we will get at least lifeless atmo-planets.
I like how most people got it all figured out.
amen bro
It is assumption! I donāt hate it or something, it isa good game even in this state
I am happy either way. Since PS4 seems to be the platform with the biggest installed VR userbase (which is speculative, as so far we only seem to have a solid idea about sonyās vr sales numbers, oculus and valve seem kinda quiet about it), it would be interesting to see FD adding VR support on the ps4 too. However, as I said in the beginning, I would also be more than okay with the dev concentrating on the planet stuff first (then again, I think it is not the case of the whole studio working on just one aspect of the game. My guess is, that thereās a console port division and a proc atmospheric division, who both work independently of each other).
Fact is FD will cover whole gaming market, more money for them means more content for us. Thatās good!
I too believe that there are separate teams working on each content but some things must wait until others are finished to be able working together so later they donāt need to do same job twice.
http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey
0.23% for Vive, 0.12% for the Oculus Rift. Presuming thatās of total Steam userbase.
just 2 days ago Sony announced to have sold 915.000 units.
To me it seems a lot for an hardware that costs more than the playstation itself.
I guess that means that we can fairly confidently assume, that Sony indeed has the largest installed vr base then? as govny mentioned, sony announced that they broke through 900k lately, meaning that for the vive to have around the same number of units sold (~900k) Steam would have to have a userbase of nearly 400m (391.304m to be slightly more precise) users. Sounds a bit optimistic to me (as this would mean that they would have to have more than tripled their userbase in the last 2 years)