Yeah, but are all those sales direct sales? Because I can imagine them shifting that much stock, I don’t expect that to translate into as many users.
Not to say they aren’t still the largest VR market at the moment.
Yeah, but are all those sales direct sales? Because I can imagine them shifting that much stock, I don’t expect that to translate into as many users.
Not to say they aren’t still the largest VR market at the moment.
If you’re talking about the ps vr, I think the 900k are direct sales (or however sales to consumers are called), but to be sure I would have to read the announcement again.
ED is 33% off on Steam atm, nice buy for anyone sitting on the fence.
699 rur blah char
Apparently there were some issues with the original trailer and they had to reupload so that link is broken now.
I don’t know, watched the entire Trailer and not enthusiastic. Did upgrade though but rarely go on. Spend most of my time on Battlefront and already preordered Battlefront 2; judging from the game play at Gamescom, I didn’t waste my money.
BF2 looks like a good improvement. I don’t know about pre-ordering but I’m definitely setting aside money for it.
New official teaser of 2.4.
Some of the improvements to planets coming in next season…
So I’ve dived back into E:D and wondered if anyone else still played it at all?
I’m still charmed by the style and detail of the ships and stations, though the planets are nowhere near as sophisticated as Battlescape’s. Sure, there’s a lot of variety, but they don’t look as pretty and detail is kind of fuzzy on orbital approach.
The other thing that Battlescape has nailed, compared to E:D, is Warp/Supercruise. Our warp is immensely superior despite being in early development. Supercruise feels like it cheats, especially when stations are just glowing dots, then you drop out and they magically appear in front of you!
Here endeth the comparison.
Nevertheless, I have enjoyed my return to the game. The depth of simulation is daunting but I’m definitely in the mood for a slower, more methodical gameplay. I read that passengers are now quite lucrative in the early game and found one muppet willing to pay 340,000cr for 4 quick system jumps! Easy money early on and got me an Adder.
Unfortunately I’m now struggling to find a passenger cabin, as I didn’t transfer it from the starter ship! (If anyone has tips, it would be much appreciated). Being an interstellar taxi is amusing me more than trading, and I dislike the combat unless I heavily outgun them
I’m sure I will post more thoughts soon!
The Void Opal gold rush has definitely helped me get back into the new gameplay. Given that it’s a legitimate gameplay element then it doesn’t feel like you are cheating your way into millions of credits. The grind is also a large reason why I kept dropping out. I just wanted to experience more of the game but felt left out because I had to invest a lot of time into something that didn’t need to take so long.
I like my space-taxi job. It gives me purpose. However, when you jump into a system and see your destination is over 100,000 light-seconds away (and therefore will take many minutes of sitting and doing nothing in Supercruise mode), it’s quite irritating.
In the time it’s taken me to post this, I’ve gone from 108,000Ls to 98,000Ls, travelling at 200x the speed of light and climbing.
Maybe I need a better FSD but I can’t help but feel it’s too much sitting and waiting to arrive. The jumps between systems are much better, so in-system jumps would be nice too, once you’ve arrived and locked onto a planet or something.
A better FSD won’t help you travel long distances inside star systems, unfortunately.
You just have to choose systems strategically when doing those sorts of missions. The quicker you escape the gravity wells the quicker you will accelerate so keep that in mind - ie. don’t fly past the planets on the orbital plane.
totally.
Still I.War 2 had best imo.
In Jameson memorial (founders world) You can buy any and all ship/equipment + its always cheaper there. (go in solo if you are in something slow, you will be interdicted by pirate wannabes)
Also tried it lately. I found that scanning to be step in right direction …still it could be expanded upon more integrated with missions and tweaked ( fire group wise and interface wise.)
Why isn’t it projected in cockpit i wonder.
Not too fond of probes. Would like something more hands on. Probe directly controlled perhaps,… i don’t know. (would merge it all with limpets-universal trek like probes explained by scifi mambo jumbo.)
New mining is quite fun. I like it.
codex is nice too.
But the limpets, oh my the limpets. That is a mess. Those controllers should be all in one. Not one for scanning ore one for collecting one for refueling ETC. They even made em universal. Its just those controllers.
I think all this should have been done during alpha. you know , trying different wild mechanics. Now they are forced to make everyone happy, by leaving old mechanics along with new ones and it is crazy hodgepodge.
Someone actually likes the limpet system? It’s the dumbest implementation I think I have ever seen. Given how much mass those things are compared to a modern day smart phone, you would think they could either control an entire planet’s worth of limpets or internally house it’s mass’s worth of limpets at least.
Ah, I assume limpets are the answer to a random encounter I had with a broken NPC ship asking for repairs. I didn’t know what to do, accidentally blew the ship up and ended up with 5000cr fine for murder… I fled pretty quick!
Seems like they’re a waste of equipment slots at the moment, unless you have a big ship.
In other news, I had a very annoying passenger today who paid me a lot of money! Got enough for a Cobra (actually 2) and wondering if it’s worth it. Adder seems adequate for now so I’m thinking save up more for the 1mil+ ships.