Art Challenges for Infinity Fan Art (Challenge 4 - An Infinity Short Story - Ended! - Winner: ThornEel!)

What is the status of other contestants by the way?

The latest deadline for the competition is 8th of May. If other contestants are making good progress and still aim to complete the task I can delay the deadline further.

Thanks!

The cigarette is actually the colour relation chart. ^^ Shouldn’t have used the font-gray as background :confused:

1 Like

Now that you think about it, the white box next to it with the logo looks like a very stylish pack of cigs! :wink:

Any smokers among the Old Guard?

1 Like

Not me. I decided years ago that I’d prefer a quick and violent death to a slow painful one so spent my money on a motorcycle instead of tobacco.

8 Likes

lol. Thanks for that!

If it’s any consultation, I have an aunt who is a nurse, and at the hospital they work at they call them ‘donorcycles’. :grin:

2 Likes

In case someone missed this post. :wink:

Hopefully the two finalized entries will inspire one or two more contestants to finalize their work. Feel free to use the templates and specs provided here.

Edit:

@Lomsor
@Alkan2
@spacet
@Crayfish

Still in?

Motorcycles: letting you live life to the fullest, briefly, so others can survive to old age.

On the bright side, this does give the motorcyclist community an excellent way to deal with fools and trolls: just a few years of patience. Darwin will deal with them soon enough. I mean, not killing yourself really isn’t that hard (just pay attention to traffic, nothing better to do while riding anyway, and don’t be foolish about how fast you take corners).

True, being foolish about how fast you take corners is really really fun, especially when you almost lose it, but you can choose not to.

2 Likes

Not all motorcycle accidents end up with death. In fact, what made me give up on it, personally, was more than anything the idea of ending up in a wheelchair for the next 40 years because some jerk denied me priority to the right. (That and winter rain, I have to say.)
Interestingly, the same happened to my father when he worked for some time at a hospital service specialized in paralysis. He told me that after seeing how so many of the tetraplegic were from motorcycle accident, that’s when he switched to car.

I gave up bicycle as well - the feeling that the usage of your lower body is under suspended sentence each time a car decide you don’t exist, it’s not worth it. Underground transport may not always work, but at least no-one is usually trying to run you over (and you’re dry).

(edit: translation fail)

1 Like

I love this forum.

One can go from art challenges to sudden motorcycle deaths in just a few posts! :stuck_out_tongue:

They say that organs from bikers are too torn apart.
But i guess it depends on situation.

Some drivers are just so bad though. I can literally take a drive through my home city and nearly get killed in a god damn van 5 times at any given moment.

1 Like

In my city, I’m seemingly always stuck behind some idiot entering a freeway going 25 mph… :angry:

Had that happen last week. Decided it qualified as a big enough emergency to overtake on the inside.

Had that happen with a pickup truck while taking the license. Overtook me on the inside (by about 3 inches) going ~50% above the speed limit while talking on a hand-held cellphone.

This does not change the fact that fools and trolls are more likely to die before propagating, which is what matters in evolutionary terms.

1 Like

cough can we move back to the subject here cough please!?

Yes, but I have one more story. You know that feeling of having someone behind you with a cigarette in one hand and cell phone in the other. GREAT FEELING!

1 Like

Pfft, that’s nothing. I saw some girl, yakking on her cell, feet up on the dash (she was polishing her toe nails), and eating a sandwich, all while going 75 down an interstate during rush hour. :expressionless:

When thy post has strayed… branch thee chatter upon the new waters…

8 Likes

Well… the subject at hand was waiting for a reply from the remaining participants.

So again:

@Lomsor
@spacet
@Alkan2
@Crayfish

Still in? Today is the deadline. But since only two participants have finished their work I can extend the deadline even further if you are still on it.

Edit: Your response will determine if the contest still continues or wether we move into voting.

1 Like

Well. I tried something but I am not really happy about it myself. At this point I rather drop it then put more work into it. Didn’t feel like working on it over the time period ether.

Probably could have done better if I followed a more organized workflow … like you guys :stuck_out_tongue:

It pales in comparison to your finished “corporate identities”. But I’ll show it off nevertheless because I promised.

9 Likes

I’m still in, sorry for being slow to reply! Been really busy with work + setting up a new apartment, so I don’t have much to show yet unfortunately. Should have more time in the near future though, I think!