Art Challenges for Infinity Fan Art (Challenge 4 - An Infinity Short Story - Ended! - Winner: ThornEel!)

I’m really happy with the postponed deadline! After this week I can start producing drawings again :smile:

Ah I remember our collaboration from like a year ago :smile: I’d happily do that again!

When it’s presentable :wink:

I agree with this, because we don’t want that thread turning into a “in process” contributions thread, but a concise (as possible) community art “reference repository” if you will.

Insert witty comment about repeatedly delayed deadlines and months or years with no new fan art.

1 Like

I wasn’t suggesting posting walls wip comments, but I now find myself checking 2 threads to find these cool concepts from our community.

Yes, I know how hard it is to check TWO threads at the same time :wink:

Lucas has the right idea though. No matter who is proclaimed master of the artistic universe with these challenges, all participants’ final offerings should go into the Developer Discussion thread.

And remember, that thread is for more than just ships!

2 Likes

Finally ready!

The Eternal Harmony Class Destroyer (~500m):

6 Likes

Another amazing concept … I still like your style Lucas.

I’m glad that generator looking thing stayed. It does hold up in the perspective view.

Also it seems the cylons really invaded :stuck_out_tongue: those front windows

1 Like

My recent progress. Still a lot to be done.

2 Likes

Are you going to overpaint the models?

Here is a quick change.

2 Likes

I’m actually getting a civilian ship vibe from this :smiley: Maybe it’s those large windowed bridge areas.

How long is it by the way? I measured my ship to be somewhere below 500m.

P.S. Looking awesome!

Thanks for the feedback. This one is 455M long and 335M wide wingspan.

Tzedakah Class Destroyer

A couple of side views. Almost ready to try and take on the bottom.

2 Likes

Ah this brings back memories. Great initiative Lucas

1 Like

How’s everyone doing with their concepts? The second deadline approaches. :wink:

My weeks have been unexpectedly busy with study and family stuff. I only have time this Sunday evening, so that’s going to be one long session.

2 Likes

You might get something in for the competition :smiley:

Umm, guess I’ve been out of touch for awhile, so I’m gonna go with…no.

I’m just gonna call mine a perpetual work in progress and I’ll throw it out there if I make enough headway to merit public criticism (doesn’t meet my aesthetic standards yet). Plus I’m a modeling noob so there’s that.

Getting close on the bottom. Got one more Turret to develop tomorrow for it.

5 Likes

Looking forward to it. :smiley: Shall we end the competition after tomorrow then?