Art Challenges for Infinity Fan Art (Challenge 4 - An Infinity Short Story - Ended! - Winner: ThornEel!)

Problem with “coding a modular prototype” is that feedback will depend almost entirely on the modules used; there’s only so many ways to do a pseudorandom “put A on top of B,” and I doubt you’ll be benchmarking performance or evaluating documentation.

On the other hand, practical experience in implementing pseudorandom “put A on top of B” seems useful so if you feel like doing a “design modules for ‘modular building’-challenge”-challenge first I’m in.

So I’ll sign you in? :slight_smile:

Hmm… Yes… non coding people most likely won’t judge the technicalities of the entries. Probably just the experience of using the prototypes and/or seeing them in action. In other words: how ‘cool’ they look :stuck_out_tongue: So is it about the coding then or just trying to create art by coding?

Neither. It’s about first making some low quality assets, then having a bit of code stack those assets on top of each other.

I do not have the time or motivation to manually produce those graphical assets.

Yes, you do need to design some minimal art assets, those building are all based on these components.

Sorry for the double post, missed these questions.

Application is designed with intent for the user to be able to put his models and a configuration file in a folder and the application would import that info and handle it. That feature is about 75% implemented.

Here is a vid for you. :smile:

2 Likes

Challenge 3 - The Old Guard Logo and Corporate Identity

To celebrate the milestone of 100 memebers I’m launching a Logo / Corporate Identity challenge for The Old Guard group!

Challenge category: Graphic Design

Time: 4 month (until Sunday 14th of June)

Requirements for the entry:

The minimum requirement is to design a logo and a Coat of Arms. But contestants can also design some or all of the following additional items:

1. Header graphic to be used in the OG thread (690x300px)
The first post graphic. Contains the name of the group, the logo / the crest and some graphical elements.

2. Heading graphic (690x80px)
Since we might not be too concerned about SEO I thought it would be cool to make some graphical headings in the OG thread. So put in some graphical elements and some Lorem ipsum filler text written in your chosen font.

3. Profile background image (1700x620px)
The default size for the profile bg image is 850x310px. But since the image is going to be scaled bigger as you view the site from certain screen sizes I would suggest doubling the dimensions. Hence 1700x620. Note! The light grey info bar on the bottom will overlap with the image.

4. User card background image (590x236px)
The user card bg image does not change it’s size. It will always appear in the size of 580x323px (it is said to be 590px wide in profile preferences but I measured only 580px).

5. Optional tag for regular profile background images (280x175px)
If you use the before mentioned size for the profile bg image then there is a safe area of roughly 180x175px in the upper middle part of the image. This area will retain decent margins around it no matter what device you are using to view the page. Get the templates with the safe area here.

6.Graphical guidelines
A small guide with the chosen colors, typography and different ways the logo can be used etc. This doesn’t have to be too extensive. Just the basics.

Contestants:

5 Likes

I won, I won! :wink:

You have in mind the dimensions for that logo, banner and badge Lucas?

2 Likes

I’m in.

I think I can come up with something.

1 Like

Congratulations! :slight_smile:

Well the dimensions for the banner should be roughly the width of the column here in the forums. And the logo should preferably be scalable vector art or alternatively pixel art that is big enough.

The size and the use of the badge should be decided by the artists themselves.

So are you in for this one too Cybercritic?

1 Like

As an indie game developer I wear the artist hat sometime, it’s tempting, but I can’t commit just yet. :slight_smile:

I’m in. I’ve been having a lot of fun screwing around with my nice new markers.

Now I just need to figure out how to finish installing inkscape so that I have a good vector art program. Lol.

As for “committing,” cybercritic, I would just jump in. The worst that happens is you don’t come up with a design by the deadline.

I have other things that I really should be doing, my coding has stalled…

What?? That is unacceptable!!! :wink:

1 Like

Good thing I don’t have a community to disappoint :wink:

Maybe one day…

My submission:

'nuff said, where’s my prize?

7 Likes

To me the Flamberge is almost more iconic than a Star Wars Star Destroyer. Too bad we won’t be getting those in the final game =(

7 Likes

It is an incredibly iconic design, IMHO. It is a damn shame.

3 Likes

Won’t make it into Battlescape, but who knows when/if we get to the MMO.

6 Likes

Mods mods mods mods!

Flamberege mod!

4 Likes

Yes! Yes to the Flamberge mod! I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed for the Flamberge in TQFE. It is such a beautiful ship.

1 Like