Alpha play-test week-end: issues or feedback

Not sure if you discovered this, but secondary fire on capital ships is excellent for shooting small targets! (Right-mouse button)

1 Like

Sorry for the problems Simon. I released a patched version of the installation runtime last night that should resolve your problem however, due to a rollover in version numbers, a new bug in our infrastructure is preventing it from being downloadable. Fortunately, there should be a workaround. Please download the latest INovaeInstaller.exe by visting this URL: https://inovaestudios.blob.core.windows.net/deployment/INovaeInstaller.exe

Next open a command prompt and navigate to the directory where you put INovaeInstaller.exe. If you haven’t installed the launcher please double click on INovaeInstaller.exe and let it install the launcher. Once that’s completed, or if you already have the launcher, please execute the following command in the command prompt:

INovaeInstaller.exe -pid:2

That should install the game using the new updated installation runtime and then you can start up the launcher as you normally would to play it.

Guys, you can drop out of warp manually through the wheel menu. It is a bit tricky and I overshoot sometimes, but it works overall.
People on this forum tend to prefer systems that allows to give skilled player an edge, so if they agree with an auto pilot for warp, they will at least want it highly inefficient.

1 Like

Hi

Can someone confirm that the controller choice is actually working ? Wether in direct or target mode, my controller ( warthog joystick ) is not working at all :frowning: .

puny issue.

if you open your name-menu from the launcher and leave it open it will be visible in game.

btw I really like the fight mechanics.

I gave this ago, but now comes up with this new error


Have I done something wrong ?

Some people seem to be experiencing that problem and I have no idea why. Can you open Windows Explorer, put %temp% in the navigation bar, order by date/time and see if you have any logs? There should be a file with the name INovaeInstaller_uimgr_fail_*.log or INovaeInstaller_2_*.log. If you could email that to me at contact@inovaestudios.com or post the contents here that would be extremely helpful.

Yep, looks like it created quite a few logs, with repeated fail attempts

Contents pasted below -

Failed to retrieve the latest version information for product 2 due to error Unauthorized:
Unauthorized
Failed to retrieve package information. Please check your internet connection.

Are you an Alpha (or higher) backer?

Should be an alpha backer, I upgraded my pledge to Planetary level on last year December.

The access website shows:

Your current access rights to play Infinity: Battlescape:

POSITIVE

Pledges list:

Planetary Supporter

Lunar Supporter + LE Interceptor

Hmm ok this is definitely odd. It’s going to take some time for me to investigate, I’ll try to get it sorted out ASAP.

That work around did not work Keith sorry. Just still asks for reboot and goes in a loop.

Can you run the following program: https://inovaestudios.blob.core.windows.net:443/deployment/INovaeRebootDiagnostic.zip

And post a screen shot of the result?

A question was asked on ED forum. I should know this one but just wanted to check here and ask.

Is it 100% newtonian or is there a way to travel between planets faster???

Keith thanks for all the help. I was using my tablet with the latest build of win 10 insider build so that might have been the issue. I am now using old desktop and it is installing fine. Hopefully a i7 2700k will run this thing, I moved my 1070Ti into the old desktop so at least the GPU is good :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not sure why but am getting some crashes with corvette and destroyer. It has never happened with Interceptor.

EDIT: Seems to happen only when in warp; I think when selecting targets it happens.

Here’s the logs if needed;

Not sure about the bomber or cruiser, I’ll have to test those out too…

There’s also a bug where the landscape on a planet will suddenly go very low-quality and gradually become more detailed until it looks how it’s supposed to again.

Other than that, love the gameplay even in its current unfinished state. Looking forward to seeing more weapon types!

the full acceleration prediction might be a bit much for the capital turrets. What if, they predicted based on velocity then had some spread, the spread would ensure some damage goes onto an accelerating target but allow room for acceleration based evasion against autoturrets. Been trying to figure out methods to push the possible evasion range closer but other than just spamming a/d/a/d to mess up the acceleration prediction in the fire point indicators there doesn’t seem to be much room here.

Yeah I’ve been thinking along the same lines. It’s a bit tougher to implement because it needs to generate a random offset, and it needs to be synchronized on both the client and server. I’ll experiment with this after the playtest week-end.

1 Like

There is a warp drive (capped to lightspeed IIRC), so it’s a no. I think a jump drive will also be added to move between planets, at FTL speeds.

1 Like

First time playing and here some feedback.
Download and install took a bit longer than expected and a reboot but at the end all was correctly installed.
took me a bit to get out the platform mainly because the ship started to float and hit the walls but also got easily used to the navigation and found my way out.
The planets look really nice when getting close, I really like them.
Got killed several times, I guess I need to play more to get better as I didn’t kill anyone :smile:
Had just 1 crash after the second time I killed myself to restart.
Also I experienced a few times that when over 20km/s suddenly my direction was against where I was suppose to go to; I’m not sure why this happened but it was really bad as it took me a while to discover why I was not getting closer to my targets.
Overall a good experience for an Alpha play; good job.

1 Like