@andgonro Which OS are you using? There have been some issues with reboot detection for some people w/ the latest build of the installation runtime however there are some specific circumstances under which it could be legitimate. I’m trying to determine which of those categories you fell in.
@Alvin You’re getting this Unauthorized error while attempting to install the game using the Launcher right?
I am on windows 10 and using a laptop.
The installation was done in 2 phases. First downloaded something and installed it ok. The looked like a patch was going to be installed and asked for reboot. Aftef reboot the patch was downloaded and installed, then I could start playing
What’s interesting is that, even at an early pre-alpha state, we’re already seeing a natural flow of the large battles.
If you’re in a small fighter (int/bom), you’re generally focusing on trying to shoot down other small fighters and staying out of the way of larger ships - especially those damned corvettes!
If you’re in a corvette, you’re hunting fighters with extreme efficiency, but can quickly get into trouble if you become a focused target.
If you’re in a capital ship, yes you can shoot fighters a bit… but here’s the interesting part: I find I don’t particularly want to. I only do it if I feel I am helping someone out, or the fighters are harassing me. When I’m in a capital ship, I am naturally more focused on trying to eliminate the big targets.
There is obviously a fair amount of balancing work to come, especially with the introduction of new weapons, but I like this emergent order to large battles depending on what kind of ship you are flying. Of course, eventually there will be some crossover once missiles and the like are introduced, but it’s great to feel like no matter what ship you are flying, you have a purpose.
I would say the one ship that struggles at the minute is the destroyer. As the weakest capital ship, it seems to struggle to survive or deal out much damage. Perhaps this is a lack of team dynamics and they will operate better in a coordinated attack.
What are these ships marked in blue with a question mark? Unidentified objects? I just warped to one, it was an enemy (NPC) destroyer that disappeared the second after my arrival.
Edit: When powered off, it is still possible to select a target and turrets will still track it.
That’s correct.Keith.
The installer seems to work if I run it without command prompt (but then the reboot error in launcher stage).
It just doesn’t like doing -pid2 for some reason
Edit: I did a wipe on my PC overnight, deleting all apps and settings.
The installer and launcher worked without any command prompt
I assume i took the anti-virus software out of the equation
I was having same install problem on first run but managed to install on second run, i did change something don’t remember what 
Now my feedback (i will give my feedback not just for current state of the game cos i know it’s pre-alpha and many things are placeholders but also what it would be in my taste for final version of game. NOTE:this is my opinion and i know we have different taste in games and priorities);
(my specs: i7 6700k stock speed, gtx1070, 16gb ram 2400mhz,asus maximus 8 ranger, 1440p (2k) 144hz asus monitor.)
I set gfx settings at max, extreme gfx 1440p resolution, didn’t watch my fps but it is running flawless i would say it is running not below 90-100fps anywhere even in combat, except when near planetary buildings but i read somewhere these are not optimized yet so just wow regarding optimization and performance.
I had one game crash and system freeze and it disabled my keyboard after restart so i had to re-plug it to work again.
FM is awesome, i would leave it this way not make it easier like some demand. We need to interact with ship speed managment and dedicate it our time and attention, not making it one click arcade skill-less feature, we need to fly ships not teleport them.
Again FM is awesome and feature that allow direct or target mode is perfect too.
I’m flight simmer so i hope this won’t change, i even cheers if they make it harder and more complicated!
Also i hope once alpha is released it will support joystick and trackir.
I like the keybinding as it is, it’s very friendly, camera suite is perfect too (PLEASE DON’T CHANGE IT)!
HUD and COCKPIT: I really love how this works in regard or switching HUD modes, i like 80’s sci-fi cockpit type (Alien) but i think it need to be much more polished.(i’m aware it’s still work in progress but i had to say)
It’s surfaces need to be polished and first person view more distanced to be able see more cockpit interior.
What i don’t like too is that system wheel and HUD being followed by view, i mean for me it would be better if it’s stationary and integrated in ships instruments, current one doesn’t give me realistic feel of cockpit, i have to say it’s arcadish (again this my opinion and feedback, i understand every taste is different and this is not final version of game).
PLANETARY AND STAR SYSTEM TECH: i only saw those few planets/moons around that purple gas giant, i don’t know is there more planets or are they planned but it would be nice if there are planets more distanced form current ones so some farther travel is required, this seems to close (i love all stages of flight not just combat).
Also it would be nice to have planet with oceans like that one from trailer (that planet from trailer looks perfect), also i thought i saw somewhere desert planet with sand and wrecked ships or buildings in screenshot thread (that one is tasty too).
Are those planets in the game? i even saw posted pics of some trees!
Overall planets look amazing, rendering is perfect except that earthlike moon surface is missing vegetation and a bit thicker atmosphere would be nice on some planets.
Atmo entry visuals and clouds would be great to have too!
SOUNDS: Atmo entry sounds and shaking effects are perfect, what is annoying is that “let’s do it” repeating sound message and ship’s engine/drive sound is not so good (don’t take this as an insult but interceptor sound fartish).
Stations look great but seems empty and too cold, some light effects are missing (I know it’s work in progress).
This is my feedback and suggestions, i hope it will help!
Now when i tried game i don’t mind of delays take your time and keep up the good work.
THIS IS NOT CRITICISM JUST WANTED TO BE HONEST AND GIVE MY HELP, IT IS MY OPINION AND I’M AWARE IT’S MATTER OF TASTE SO TAKE WHAT YOU LIKE FROM IT AND IGNORE REST, I AS INDIVIDUAL I’M NOT IMPORTANT, MAJORITY IS!
There is only one planet, Rethe Prime, and its moons at the moment, but the final game will have more planets (and a jump drive to travel between them IIRC). See the last screenshot in this post:
Also, oceans and trees are disabled currently for technical reasons.
Thank you, really good news!
If I use the -pid:2 extension then it fails to retrieve package information. If I execute it without that extension, it runs the install just fine, but after install I still get the same error message when trying to connect. I’m not sure if it’s an issue with BitDefender, but I’ve disabled every possible option that could prohibit the executable from establishing a connection.
We might see volumetric cloud/s layers and mist etc which can be flown through on entry/exit of planets. If the funding goes up a good amount and the dev team make good time with the polish stage pre-release or big DLC patch post release. Although volumetric clouds and layers would make a bigger impact if around release or just after.
Some evidence of ground disturbance when factories and bases meet the surface will be good like I’ve mentioned in the past and some have mentioned again this weekend. Maybe PG based on ground type (ice, snow, rock, green tundra etc) and it picks a suitable type of look to apply (large and smaller ground disturbances at the meeting points, color near/on the parts of the station that meet the surface, etc) . Then roadway tracks to and from base gates to small outposts and utility points/antennas/waste dumps. Maybe some moving earth/ore conveyor belts shifting ore around processing factories. Points to fire upon and disrupt factory operations.
Some outlying comms and science towers/stations. Maybe it could be all PG based off a set of rules which would re-use certain edge of base meets ground deformations and art assets just like the bases do for mix and matching. In the long run this might save a huge amount of manual base work. If the bases and outposts know what ground type they are sitting on and apply PG stuff to make it all look attached and looking like a working alive base.
I did suggest for stations work crews outside, elevators moving up and down on the outside of parts of the stations…like in the film ‘Outland’. But Hutch (Starsky) did bring me back down to earth on what can and cannot be achieved within the current game scope. And rightly so too.
Something though to give a human perspective scale of size for land and space stations. Some sort of easy to spot clues which conveys the vast scales of some of these installations. Think about how Jim Cameron went about this in the film Aliens for the weyland yutani terraforming plant and Hadley’s Hope wide shots moving into mid and close shots. How did he convey scale to the viewer quickly. How could the I:B devs do this I guess in the polish stage of the game to help convey human scale to such large structures when flying / approaching them. In a away which does not take forever to achieve and can be fitting into the current plan.
I am aware of that, clouds, weather and some other demanding things can wait until money is raised, teams hired and Flavien and Keith and Hutch being just bosses not doing programming.
AI, volumetric clouds and weather is game performance killer, big letters on AI!
I mentioned things that i would like to see(mostly polished some features and not new demanding features), i don’t demand it nor think others agree with me i just expressed things i prefer in game.
I tried to be useful with my feedback regarding existing features
,they don’t need to happen.
@Narcissus @Alvin When I posted the recommendation of using -pid:2 I forgot that the game requires you to be authenticated to install and currently only the Launcher supports that. My bad but it sounds like you guys got everything sorted out so all’s well that ends well I suppose
. I’m still working on rolling out a fix for this issue, unfortunately it snowballed into something much more complicated than I had originally anticipated.
Did you have to install the .NET 4.6.2 update? Had you recently installed any Windows Updates? Those are the things that could potentially require a legitimate reboot. Aside from that there are applications that can modify your system in a way that make the installation runtime always think you need a reboot. The next patch will address this problem.
Okay, so after having it appear numerous times that the launcher was being denied network access, I went into BitDefender and shut every available option off at the features menu seen below. I then launched the INovaeLauncher and everything proceeded as it should, eventually asking for my login, and then downloading the install package. Hopefully after the download I should be good to go.
I’m not sure what part of BitDefender was causing the hangup, as I checked the firewall settings, Application Access, and deactivated the main scanner portion temporarily as well - nothing appeared to be blocked. Odd, but at least it appears to be working now that it’s all completely turned off.
![]()
Are atmo entry visuals planned?
I re-enter atmosphere million times this weekend completely ignoring combat, i can’t get enough of it 
FM, camera suite and planets with atmos are stunning, even that asteroid is wow, it is unique!
If alpha was not half year away i would be really temped to upgrade pledge even i can’t afford it in moment.
It really gets under the skin shortly!
Btw pressing ctrl+f12 blocks keyboard so no need to hard reboot pc, pressing ctrl+f12 again unlock it.
Yes we are planning on adding atmospheric entry special effects however it likely won’t happen until we enter the polish phase.
I have Bitdefender, and I ran into the same hiccup as you.
The setting is under “Application Access”, under safe Files. Bitdefender won’t allow the launcher to make any changes unless you add the application to the list (or disable protection all together). Just go to the installation folder, and get all of I-Novae’s stuff added to the list:
Hi All, long time follower (10+years?), first time poster. Alpha backer, second time playing after the first alpha backer weekend. The game looks good overall, congrats all around! So thanks in advance and keep up the good work. I look forward to the dev updates each week. Just some general thoughts on my second experience playing IB:
The main takeaway for me was that it seemed hard to find other players when I logged in, Sunday evening EST. Perhaps I’m missing something. Is there just one main server we’re all joining? I saw 2 or 3 players log over an hour or two, and interacted with none of them, only NPCs. After all the buzz, I was hoping to mess around with some other newbs on my level rather than just NPCs that outmatched me. Perhaps I’m missing how to find others, or times when the bulk of players are on, or maybe that just comes later. Still, fun overall, and I eventually just started exploring.
Planets, ship models, atmospherics are all gorgeous. Feels great to move around and explore (when not being shot at randomly). One interface issue was that I really wanted to freelook, but when using targeting controls, holding CTRL to freelook and then letting go of CTRL set the view reticle to a different point than the ship direction reticle (if I’m describing that correctly)…meaning I had to manually readjust the freelook view to center. Perhaps there a way to snap it back, or else hit CTRL to toggle freelook, then it snaps back when hit again.
As a few others have noted, initial learning curve is a bit daunting, but that’s to be expected. Still not exactly sure what all the various HUD reticles represent, but learned how to use them well enough to direct the ship and lead targets, for the most part. Just felt like I was missing out on how to read the overall tactical situation. It did really make me want to buy a joystick though (and relive the flight sim glory days of the 90s).
Performance was decent overall, with about 30-60 FPS at 1440p and high detail. I’m running an intel 4790K, 16G RAM, gtx 970.
And I used the same downloader/installer program from last time; it updated and downloaded, no problem, no restart needed (windows10).
Thanks!
On this specific point, all I can say is that there’s a lot of work to be done on team interaction, and scanning for enemy players using the UI.
Also, there’s a lot more bots than players at the moment because we’re in the development phase!
However, players on your team are usually visible to you at the moment, it might just take a bit of looking around to spot them. 
Hope you enjoyed the Alpha weekend!
Players stand out because they have a different diamond than NPCs (not that it makes it easier to select them from afar).
Yes, only one server.
Double tap CTRL resets freelook.
There might be some HUD description buried in the forums somewhere. We should dedicate and pin a thread for that…