Wow that was hard!! I enjoyed it. I was actually addicted; however, I have decided this game is not for me. For one thing I am an extremely honest person and do not like to lie at all. Second, I trust everyone. I trust people until they give me a reason not to trust them, whereas in this game you lie and never trust anyone. I would never make it as a wolf. The whole game goes against my character, even though I love it. The thing I loved the most about the game was the story telling and when everyone posted in character. Martin and Noble, you are truly gifted writers.
Oh! I did lie about one thing! Iām Cosmosās Mother. Initially I was actually playing the game with his sister, but she got too busy and I took over entirely on the third day. Cosmos would always talk about the wolf game and I would get so got up in the drama of it all. So when he told us there were extra spots open for this game I wanted to play. I was chicken and enlisted the help of my daughter. It was her account and we were initially going to play this account together, but she abandoned me to play on my own. Then I was really left on my own after Cosmos died. All he would say is āMom you need to be posting and telling them your thoughts.ā I would sit hours on end reading post trying to decide what to do, then take another hour to write a long post and decide not to post it. Everything in my life has suffered for this game. My husband would be so mad when I was on the game instead spending time with him. Thankfully I could trust Noble and Xamino. Hope I didnāt make the game more complicated. I was just starting to get the hang of it, oh well.
Well, I did have a great exit line to say in character but Iām dead so it doesnāt work now. So this is Farwell I will not return-- though my daughter might come back in the future, she can actually lie and not trust people. (Like the rest of my kids) ļ
I should have trusted my gut and let enginish die to my poison, however, I started talking to people and I my conviction wavered. This is why I donāt get involved with āgroupsā.
Though I think you over thought the whole thing. There are many ways to play this game and if you oppose one style, there is always another way around the corner. If lying is something you canāt bring yourself to do, then play as if you hadnāt said information. Sure there will always be situations that will bring you to a limit but overcoming said accusations is what makes this fun and the reason this is played with humans instead of some kind of AI.
For instance, you could have easily roleplayed additional to all you dared to post and most of my suspicion (which was real by the way even though I knew you were human) would have vanished.
I too enjoy roleplaying but it takes time and dedication and for this game I felt it didnāt really fit. You could go and reread some of our older games. Some of them got really intense:
Sadly the old forum isnāt accessible ⦠we had some fun ones over there too.
Hope to see you change your mind and try again. Also mind that this is the internet, you could always create a new account and join in āanonymousā. And if it sucks you in again and gets out of hand, just remind yourself that this is just a game.
Iām always hesitant to kill players who are inactive because the games are quite finely balanced - killing a player from one team probably hands victory to the other team. Maybe Iāll come up with some balancing factors I can apply on the fly to correct for the untimely death of a player and balance things again.
Thanks Lomsor! It didnāt suck, I was totally addicted to it. Just very difficult and hard figure out what to do. Who knows maybe when all the kids are back in school and life is not so crazy.
I donāt know what you talk about. We had games in the past where some players would only post on the first day, those were a lot worse.
Are we talking about the dual day? It was just Topper that didnāt post something for one day and then let the dual day slip, before that he was āadequatelyā active. Maybe Iām missing someone.
Maybe concretecise āinactiveā in the rules. Like, not posting for two days straight in the row or something.
I love how the wolves just keep discussing to kill me but never got around to it. And in case you were wondering: the āweaknessā I had was that I could only ever protect a person once, then never again. And I already had protected myself on night 3ā¦
I enjoyed the roles but I agree that the humans need encouragement to use them. The lack of never knowing what alignment a lynch was also played into the wolvesā hands, me thinks, although it made the game very tense.
Also, I should have listened to King_Cosmos and tried to get rid of Enginish earlier, but I basically had no solid evidence to use against him. So to all the wolves: well played! A deserved victory!
I donāt expect other people to show my dedication, but I was covering for ten early morning shifts (5:45) across two weeks with my brothers graduation in the middle and my sisters wedding at the end, yet despite being completely drained of energy for the entire time I was still the most active player in the thread.
This is why I was hesitant to sign up in the first place. I get dragged in, and then I get frustrated that no-one is actually talking to each other.
Before today Topper hadnāt posted in 10 days (which was a single line), and this came 3 days after his previous post, while he hadnāt voted on a lynch since the beginning of the game.
I understand his reasoning that āno-one made himā participate, but when itās already a struggle cultivating what little discussion is already being made I donāt have time to go on a tangent and take a risk lynching someone I know absolutely nothing about.
Well, that was a long read. I was a bit frustrated that I got killed so early, and I was the medic by the way, not the vigilante. I came up on the second night because I wanted to see if Lucas was human or not. I never told a soul. I actually messaged cosmos if he knew who the vigilante was, because I thought noble was a wolf and had offered to trade information(roles), so I feared I was under the chopping block already. I was, but for a different reason. sigh
Well played guys! You deserve it. I should be a little more trusting, but I figured if it became public that I was the medic Iād be a pretty easy target in the double night. Which I was anywaysā¦
I can sympathize with this. As a human (and especially as a wolf) itās very tempting to just coast when you arenāt in immediate danger. This is invariably bad for the humans and usually makes the game less fun for both sides.
I hope youāre not permanently soured on wolf games though, Sane. Youāre a formidable player, and very fun to play with! Next time, it will be better maybe! Also Iām sorry Ciseās honorary wolf badge is nicer than yours
The activity this game was really bad on all sides, i dont know exactly how we timed it like this. Next time iāll be sure that im able to actually play fully before deciding to sign up (i didnt expect to be as incapacitated as i was but thats another story). We had some funny happenings, like lomsor refusing to pull the breaks in the tunnel, killing ark just because he had a lantern on. It kinda felt like a comedy of errors at times. We still had one certificate leftover we could use to affect the lynch by 1 vote in either direction. I didnt expect martin to actually give us an anti lynch item but he did end up selling us two at redwater, in general im not sure i like that system rather than just a shop with a set amount of items and stuff.
In the past we kinda had to force activity through constant pressure on inactive players, this game there were just too many inactives for that strategy to work though. Also, we didnt really do day extensions as much as we have in the past which can help deal with the inactive hordes. Its important that humans realize that copious discussion is better for humans in general, so any human can contribute by doing a lot of that. It can get harder for wolves to weave intracate excuses and hatch plans when theres a lot more complexity in the thread.
in any case, fun, if silly game. It was fun trying to post while i was bleeding to death, i basically just had to ask the other wolves what the hell i should be doing.
I wouldnāt even complain. Lysk is an intelligent player, from previous experiences. Given that, like the humans, we had little to go on, it seemed like a good idea to target the strongest human on the first night, the one we felt was most likely to create a human āallianceā early on.
Though Iām almost tempted to take bets on Lysk being a wolf next game
There was one game where I was killed very early on (maybe night 1, canāt remember) and I was allowed to take over an inactive playerās character on the basis there was no way I could have learned anything on the first day and as I was night killed it was obvious I was human originally.
So I reckon you could have a policy of allowing for that to happen more often.
Clearly if resurrection powers exist there might be balance issues however.
I support a must post at least once every two in game days rule.