Your PC Specifications for Battlescape

Motherboard: Asus Crosshair Formula V
CPU: FX 8350
Ram: GSkill Sniper 1866 8GB (2x4)
Video Card: XFX DD 290X
Hard Drives: 120GB Corsair SSD
OS: Win 8.1 64bit
Power Supply: Corsair HX850
Case: Bitfenix Shinobi WIndow

Monitor: BenQ GW2750HM 27in

CPU:i7-3630QM
Ram: 8GB DDR3
Video Card: gt750m
Hard Drives: 1TB HDD
OS: Win 8.1

Its a Lenovo y500. Pretty good laptop if you ask me. :smile:

well done =D

Built a new pc recently (1000€ Budget), I sincerely hope I will be able to run I:B on high (planning on putting my hands on alpha):

CPU: i7-4770k
Ram: 8GB DDR3 (will upgrade to 16GB when I can)
GPU: Asus R9 280x DCUII (:3)
HDD: WD Caviar blue 1Tb (will add an SSD when I can)
PS: Corsair CS650M
Case: Bitfenix Ronin Window (!!)

Actually I have a crappy LG monitor, 21’’, 1080p but is VGA only but I plan to change it soon. I’ll still remain on 1080p, maybe with higher refresh rate and a bit bigger (24/27’’) since I don’t feel like upgrading to an higher resolution is really needed, but I think the monitor is the first thing I’ll change, with this I have some subtle horizontal lines on the screen when gaming (it’s not tearing).

I can recommend the Dell UltraSharp U2312HM if you’re looking for a 1080p monitor. They’re IPS monitors as well, so you get good viewing angles and consistent colour.

Being a college student, I decided to get a macbook pro, which wasnt my best decision for playing games, but if the specs are good enough I was going to bootcamp windows when infinity, star citizen, or elite dangerous were released.
I have a 2011 macbook pro 15 inch (I copied these from the apple website)
Motherboard: not sure
CPU:2.4GHz quad-core Intel Core i7
Ram: 4gb
Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 6750M and Intel HD Graphics 3000
Hard Drives: 500 gb Serial ATA hard drive
OS: Mac OSX, going to install windows 8 as well
Power Supply: Macbook charger?
Case: macbook pro laptop

I don’t know about Elite or Battlescape, but that will not run Star Citizen, except maybe in low on a small resolution.

@Topperfalkon The Dell S2240L is a much newer model with a faster response time and comes equipped with hdmi connectivity. This monitor also has a clean edge-to-edge design though some may be against the glossy screen type.

I’m afraid it’s unlikely it will be able to run Infinity either. While Intel’s integrated GPU’s have made great strides over the last few years they still pretty much suck :\

I’m not a fan of glossy screens. The response time hasn’t been that noticeable an issue for me, nor has the lack of HDMI connectivity. Given that I run a dual-monitor configuration I’d have only been able to plug in one HDMI monitor anyway.

Also, they were quite possibly the cheapest 23" IPS panel I could find when I was doing my rebuild.

did you hear about Richard Huddy going back to AMD? AMD might actually start making APUs with relatively powerful graphics technology.

Should be interesting whatever he does.

@Kichae What did you end up putting in your video card slot?
@Topperfalkon Any changes yet?
@britrb Overlooked : )

Dashed hopes and broken dreams!

aw. What happened; did your idea of the system fall threw? Send me a PM if you care to only discuss directly.

Self-employment became a thing, and ensuring rent was paid in the slow months became a larger priority than playing games or learning CUDA.

OS -> Windows 8.1 Pro, 64-bit OS
CPU -> AMD FXā„¢-8350 Eight Core 4.42 GHz
RAM-> 16 GB
Video Card -> AMD Radeon HD 7900

its good for what i use it for, gaming. however Windows 8.1 Sucks!!!

OS flame war in 3… 2… 1…

I’ve had no reason to upgrade yet. One of the new Nvidia cards would be nice, but I’m already current, so I can’t justify an upgrade.

I think my next purchases are probably going to be a Saitek X52 Pro and maybe an Oculus Rift when I’ve got the money to spare.

Damn you Elite.

Well, if we’re going to talk about what needs to be grafted onto our boxes once the money’s there…

My next immediate purchase will be a Corsair M95 mouse. I have a Logitech G400s, and it’s well and good, but it’s not the wired MX1000 I was really hoping for, and the sheer number of thumb buttons on my ex’s M90 kinda made me want to drool all over her laptop.

I haven’t chosen my graphics card yet, but it’ll almost certainly be an Nvidia card, since I want to play with neural networks on CUDA.

I need at least 1 new monitor.

I wouldn’t mind upping my RAM to 16GB, but I’ll probably have to start using MATLAB64 or Python64 before that’s worth my while.

Waiting for Windows 10 before I do a new build …

Alrough my Steam drive is slowly dying and lagging my whole system out when it can’t read a sector.
So that means SSHD at the end of January for that … and while we’re at it coppy C on a SSD.