It’s been working fairly well so far. The only concern I have atm is that the stock Intel CPU cooler is having difficulties when the chip runs near peak (going by Windows Task Manager). It’s been fairly warm in the past week, and on some less optimised games the core thermal sensor starts reporting figures dangerously close to 70 degrees C
Yeah, some cases are stupidly expensive really. I had to drill a few holes in the side for extra cooling and fan mounts but otherwise it works as well as any other case.
It’s quite nostalgic, I remember playing Star Wars PodRacer / Star Wars Starfighter /Civ II etc on it back in 2000… now it’s playing all the latest titles easily 
Did you OC your proc? That might happen with stock coolers. Have you thought about aftermarket?
No OC, most games shouldn’t stress processors though. May also be dust accumulation. I ought to repair the chassis at some point anyway, so I’ll be able to see then.
Crysis 3 actually stressed my proc a bit! I was surprised.
@Saturday, do you use a stress testing program? I suggest Intel Extreme Tuning Utility for anyone who want’s to experience with turbo boost or overclocking in their processor.
I used to use linpack based tests. Now I just use prime95 to stress test because it’s easy and I am contributing to the field of mathematics! No normal application would be more demanding than it, so it seems good enough for my uses.
Crysis didn’t max out my proc mind you. That would be extremely surprising indeed! But it probably used more than any other program I’ve seen, something like 70-80%. To me, that’s “stressing it” for a “normal” application.
This just reminds me that I use my computer very differently than most people. If my CPU isn’t running at or near 100% while I’m plugging away here, I’m burning precious cycles.
I think you’re good for doing that. I should join a cloud computing program. Could you imagine what we could get done as far as protein research, SETI, ect if every cycle was fully used in the world? Maybe even just desktops? That brings me to wonder how much sum processing power is on this planet if all processors were networked. Maybe we could create a full virtual simulation of a brain and an emergent mind.
Which reminds me, I should get the CUDA version of Folding@home again…
Am I the only AMD user?!? (Edit I missed the other one above. still a small percentage)
Asus Crosshair V Formula
AMD Phenom II 975 BE
Asus HD7870 DirectCU II
32GB Crucial Ballistic DDR3 RAM
SSD RAID 0 (4x Samsung 830 64GB)
2TB Toshiba
Seasonic 1000w Modular PS
Windows 7 64 Bit
Rackmount (yeah in a 42U rack enclosure)
Any “Ultra” setting for those with quad-titans or just better PCs in the future? Also good for advertisement screenshots 
Motherboard: no idea, its decent
CPU: 3770K i5
Ram: 8 gigs 1600 mhz
Video Card: R9-270X
Hard Drives: the usual ones, not SSD
OS: Win8.0
Gaming Rig Specifications:
Inside the Case:
CPU: Intel i7 2700k @ 4.6Ghz Water cooled.
GPU: 2x GTX680 in SLI + 1x GTX580.
RAM: 16Gb Corsair Dominator DDR3 1333Mhz with Airflow Pro.
MB: Asus Maximus IV Extreme.
HDD: Corsair Force 3 120Gb SSD (System Drive) 1x SanDisk 240Gb SSD as a games drive + 2x 500Gb Storage drives + a 1TB Drive.
Optical: LG BR Reader DVD± RW.
PSU: Enermax Platimax 1500W Modular
Case: Cooler Master Haf-X.
OS: Windows 7 64 Bit SP1.
Outside the Case:
Display: 5x 22” Monitors. 3 in 2D Nvidia surround, and 2 spare monitors.
KB: Logitech G19.
Mouse: Logitech G3.
Mouse pad: Corepad Deskpad XXXXXL
Joystick: Saitek X52 Pro.
Headset: Ozone Oxid Gamers headset.
Web-cam: Logitech C510 HD.
Microphone: SoundMAX Superbeam.
Tracking: TrackIR 4 Pro with Track Clip Pro.
Its a BEAST!!
Brian 
If you asked me 9 years ago, I wouldn’t have known my current specs and not being able to predict the next 2-5 years; I’ll refrain from posting my system specs here.
Inside:
CPU: AMD Athalon X4 II
GPU: XFX R7950
RAM: 8 GB Something or other
MB: Something from Gigabyte
HDD: 1Tb of Whatchamacallit
OS: Win 7 64 bit
Outside:
Display : 1 24"
KB: Roccat Isku
Mouse: Roccat Kone XTD
Pad: Roccat Alumic
Mouse Cord Holder: Roccat Aprui
Joystick: Logitech Extreme 3D pro
Headset: ATH M50
Two notes:
First, I am surprised that whatchamacallit was actually in my computer’s dictionary.
Second, I don not have an obsession with Roccat. 
You have a “Mouse Cord Holder”? 
That put a smile on my face, thank you.
Yeah, it holds the cord directly in front of the mouse a couple of cm in the air. This means that the only movement of the cord is in the first ~15 cm. This is good, because my mouse cord is threaded. I had a bad experience when I once pulled another threaded mouse out and discovered that the friction from the back of my desk had worn away and frayed a goodly section off from the outer covering. If you have a threaded mouse cord, I would highly recommend something similar to the Apuri. Get the Apuri, because it’s a Roccat product. I mean, because it has cool blue lights on it. I mean, it has a cool logo. Wait no, um… ****. 
I’m still using a 3-4 year old Logitech G9x mouse. These days the braided cable is run through my monitor stand to keep it straight, and it’ll take a hell of a lot of punishment
my good enough?
ati radeon hd5770
This is the system I am currently building. Few more parts then done. 
Motherboard: ASUS P9X79 Pro ATX LGA2011 X79
CPU: Intel Core i7-3930K Sandy Bridge-E 3.2GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 2011 130W Six-Core
Ram: CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3
Video Card: 2X Zotac GeForce GTX 670 915MHZ 2GB 6.0GHZ GDDR5
Hard Drives: SAMSUNG 840 Series MZ-7TD250BW 2.5" 250GB SATA III Internal SSD + 2 TB
OS: Win 7 Pro 64bit
Power Supply: Antec HCG M HCG-750M 750W Modular
Case: Antec Twelve Hundred V3 Gaming Case