Maybe you need a fourth “non-combatant” team in the game?
They could go and do their space tourism thing, maybe get some achievements for finding easter eggs, but not show up as hostile on any of the other corps friend or foe systems. As soon as they assisted a corp economically they would become aligned with that corp and if they attacked other ships they could be marked as a pirate and show up as hostile to everyone.
Not a particularly serious suggestion (scope creep!), but would be sort of cool.
The improved weather and such I think will add a ton to the game, which is at 600k.
But that doesn’t mean you should give up hope on funding if it doesn’t reach a higher point. It just means they’ll need to raise more funding after Kickstarter ends.
I can easily see this reaching $1.5 million sometime in 2016 so long as they get a good system to increase funding through the website in place once Kickstarter ends, and if they improve their ability to market.
I have a lovely world in my front yard, oak I think, not that I’m any expert on worlds. And in a few minutes, I’m going to watch TV that I get through my world dish. And of course, I am speaking to you via an internet connection made possible through the use of worlds.
And I know for a fact that you understood every word I just typed.