So beautiful…
Got my no-cockpit view sorted at last!
Here is some love for the rings and Sarake (plus a station shot above Cinder)!
Dawn above Cinder.
![]()
Approaching the ringed world, Sarake.
An interplanetary highway?
Diving through the atmosphere.
Doesn’t this view just make you want to explore?
Wow 
Thank you!
No.8, just above the atmospheric shots, makes a great phone wallpaper if it’s rotated! I’m using it 
While looking into Elite Dangerous’ FTL mechanics, I was struck by how terrible ED looks compared to I:B!
https://twitter.com/search?f=images&q=%40EliteDangerous&src=typd
I imagined sharing one of these Battlescape screenshots and pretending it was Elite Dangerous, then when everyone wowed at it and asked which system it was in, I’d tell them ‘sorry, wrong game’.
Obviously their ships and stations (hand made assets) look amazing, but the proc gen’d stuff… it just doesn’t compare.
A lot of ED’s ugliness is down to the outdated lighting system the game uses. I’m sure they’re working on it.
The more I play the Battlescape prototype, the more I hate the way ED looks!
Seamless, uncluttered beauty from the INovae engine so far.
Looking forward to a few more textured assets though… 
Think I have just about downloaded all of these shots you guys have made. lol
Awesome pics !
That pic hurt my brain. … I still like it though.
That last shot is weird. If the shadow comes from that mountain, it should not be sharp like this.
There is also this screen shot post I made on the ED forums which has a lot of the best screen shots in one long post, mostly taken from this vast thread.
Updated
Also we have an I:B thread over on the new SC Spectrum forum in the new other games section.
To help keep the SC spectrum thread near the top and more visible.
Log in and give it an up-vote or comment, or add your own screen shots and videos. Ta
Gallery to some shots from last pre-alpha weekend:
I’m thinking we should start thinking about more visually interesting battle locations for the next
pre-alpha weekend.
Looking at the second picture, are the trees in the right scale? They look too large for me compared to the landscape, that was something that confused me already ago on some screenshots?
The trees are quite large if you land next to them (taller than the interceptor iirc)! However, they’re also placeholders like everything else at the moment.
The other aspect of it is there is currently no close-up detail (apart from textures) on planetary surfaces. So, visually, we have nothing to compare the trees to. Rocks and other vegetation anyone?
Just beautiful, can’t wait for free-alpha weekend to try IB for the first time. Hope it’s gona be soon!
Btw those are alien planets so trees can be any size.