Unofficial Infinity Minecraft Server

Is there any world edit tools to soften terrain anomalies? We (read: I, the crazy one) could then go around the border and apply such an effect. :wink:

1 Like

There is.

Though the border spans several Kilometer by now. One option would be to create a giant wall around the border to separate new from old … though I don’t know how that would turn out.

Ether way it isn’t that dramatic of a problem.

1 Like

Well I would go around the border if it was clearly visible and if the tools were efficient enough at fixing the anomalies (one click -> area fixed). The area we have explored isn’t that big yet (only a few biomes). Can’t be worse than the chimney operation :wink:

1 Like

Beautiful – looks like I’ll have some catching up to do once my workload allows me some free time. Still waiting for internet… the technician is having difficulties finding my address :stuck_out_tongue: .

So you’ve finally added all the chimneys? :smiley: Great! Am I correct in assuming that there are 3 embassies?

2 Likes

There are actually 6 embassies:

  • Ja-Min
  • Lerna
  • Kinlochia
  • The Brotherhood of NOD
  • Cheston
  • Lomsor’s Anomaly

You and Lerna could (if you want) make an even bigger embassy on your chunk since the later embassies were also made bigger.

1 Like

Kinloch and I made the river in south one continuous stream. It now flows from one ocean to another. So I’d suggest naming it The River of Two Oceans… Or TROTO in short :wink:

1 Like

Cool!

Nah, I think my embassy is just perfect. My state is much smaller than most others anyway, so it fits. I just got internet today, I’ll check the map out tonight if I have time. Looking forward to viewing all the new stuff! :smiley:

2 Likes

@Lomsor, any chance for a map update? The eastern plains have been explored but are yet to to be added to the map (lots of new vilages).

2 Likes

Okay, the dual track connection to the desert is now done. Total time for one trip: 5 minutes and 20 seconds. :smiley: That was my largest rail project yet! Next up: connecting LucasFIN’s station to the network.

2 Likes

Awesome! :smiley: Are the tracks connected to a desert town now or just to the edge of the desert?

I’m working on the road to Kinlochia from the east tip of the desert. The road now goes half cirle around the ocean!

2 Likes

Connected to the first town (with a rudimentary station) and I even marked the distance by time (meaning I put up signs that tell you how long until the next station along the tracks in both ways).

Looks like we have our infrastructure down now… next up: aqueducts? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Well the road to Kinlochia is still wip (no gravel filled in yet). And I bet we can find all sorts of small projects along the new route :wink:

Oh by the way… was it you @RawMech, who built Lerna? Just to inform you… I built a road right at your doorsteps that connects to the wider road network. Feel free to connect it to your kingdom as you please once it’s borders are finalized.

1 Like

Map update.

3 Likes

Om nom nom :stuck_out_tongue: All the roads and rails finally updated!

I’m surprised there were no unexplored holes in those western plains. I seem to have explored them quite efficiently.
Also, @xamino. That wooden hilly area we ā€œdiscoveredā€ at the end of the tundra river was actually that same forest in the south. :smiley:

1 Like

I hadn’t noticed… :smiley:

A note for the rail system: from the north-west town, Charlbury, to al-Hussan in the south-east via rail takes 15 minutes and 20 seconds non-stop. Just to give some perspective for the size of the rail and road systems…

1 Like

We probably should start putting a Layer with special signs designating names on the map. So we can tell what’s where. I’ll investigate the possibilities.

3 Likes

Cheston (the collaborative mining city) is proggressing nicely :smiley: There’s still room for more buildings. Come and join the project!

1 Like

I’m reading the documentation how to create the signs right now. It is kinda tricky but I think I have enough programming knowledge to get this configured. Meanwhile you guys can discuss what standard icons should be used for what:

http://lomsor.com/minecraft/overviewer/C04/icons/

I’m planning on doing markers in the following way: Regions, Kingdoms, Towns, Villages and Districts.

Here’s an example what can be done … oh and … yeah … you’ll see: http://overviewer.org/wow

3 Likes

So that link you have is all the icons we got? Or can we make our own (there was a base icon)?

From the default pack we could at least use the following:

Tower Icon: Castles and towers, if we do important buildings inside cities, otherwise a large walled city.
Ship Icon: Harbors
Hoe Icon: Large wheat fields
Anvil: Blacksmiths (if we do important buildings inside towns)
Mine Icon: Entrance to a known large mine and/or dungeon (see Chestons Halls)
Town Icon: Towns and villages

If we want to indicate the different sizes and types of towns and cities we need more icons.

Oh and we need icons for ruins (on our ToDo) and other random sites.

1 Like

That sounds pretty good. How will the markers on the map be set? Is that a manual job or is there some in-game mechanic for setting the signs?

1 Like