So yesterdays Update introduced an incompatibility with the "#" in our sign designators we use for our Map.
The designator doesn't have to change however.
MC Changed how it save Signs. It seems like the new system can't read "#" the way it was stored in the past. Once it loads a chunk with such data it takes the data and discards it. All map signs close to Ardinia have been compromised that way and have to be "rewritten".
Now I stopped the server so we don't loose any more desgnators. I found NBTExplorer which allows me to edit the signs. I'll try to convert the remaining signs to use the new system. That way the data won't be discarded once the game loads the chunk.
So. I also checked if the Sign algorithm still picks up the signs correctly. It does not. So I'll have to rewrite that first. Some more signs got lost in the process of finding that out. I'll post a image for later. Some of the signs on the right got removed, and of course the whole of Ardinia:
Maaan ... you guys placed a lot of signs I like them ... darn bug still on it doing work the computer should do.
Ok. After manually editing every single Map Sign with the NBTExplorer and uploading the map. Then rewriting the search algorithm a little so it would recognize the new format, it now works. It takes both converted and new signs and puts them on the Map like it used to.
You may notice that some of the signs do work, but their text is truncated. That is because those signs have not yet been updated. So someone should fly arround the map and forcefully load those chunks so that the texts are correct again ...
oh yeah ... and someone needs to replace the signs in Ardinia, Ceivn and Nod. Should be about 10 Signs. The Designators of those are lost unfortunately.
Some of the signs from the image above (e.g Lillypad) are gone too, but here it is as reference.