Unofficial Infinity Minecraft Server

The City of Dum is slowly getting built :smile:

That thing in the background is the docking tower in it’s full height.

3 Likes

Will update the server this week.

3 Likes

1.8 is finally available?

1 Like

Probably has been since the end of November. I just don’t check all the time.

2 Likes

##Server updated to Spigot 1.8

All plugins updated.

Infinite Infinity Modpack now outdated and unable to join server :cry: . Some essential mods are still not updated.

I can’t edit the OP anymore … what’s going on?


WOW!

Edit: Despoiled the image. … Klick the image though …

3 Likes

So yesterdays Update introduced an incompatibility with the “#” in our sign designators we use for our Map.
The designator doesn’t have to change however.

MC Changed how it save Signs. It seems like the new system can’t read “#” the way it was stored in the past. Once it loads a chunk with such data it takes the data and discards it. All map signs close to Ardinia have been compromised that way and have to be “rewritten”.

Now I stopped the server so we don’t loose any more desgnators. I found NBTExplorer which allows me to edit the signs. I’ll try to convert the remaining signs to use the new system. That way the data won’t be discarded once the game loads the chunk.

So. I also checked if the Sign algorithm still picks up the signs correctly. It does not. So I’ll have to rewrite that first. Some more signs got lost in the process of finding that out. I’ll post a image for later. Some of the signs on the right got removed, and of course the whole of Ardinia:

Maaan … you guys placed a lot of signs :open_mouth: I like them … darn bug still on it doing work the computer should do.


Ok. After manually editing every single Map Sign with the NBTExplorer and uploading the map. Then rewriting the search algorithm a little so it would recognize the new format, it now works. It takes both converted and new signs and puts them on the Map like it used to.

You may notice that some of the signs do work, but their text is truncated. That is because those signs have not yet been updated. So someone should fly arround the map and forcefully load those chunks so that the texts are correct again …

oh yeah … and someone needs to replace the signs in Ardinia, Ceivn and Nod. Should be about 10 Signs. The Designators of those are lost unfortunately.
Some of the signs from the image above (e.g Lillypad) are gone too, but here it is as reference.

4 Likes

Are you guys using some map mod that shows the map like the one that you just posted in-game?

1 Like

It’s a seprate command line tool. I manually run it regullary. It is the most powerfull Minecraft map overview generater in existance, in my opinnion:

http://overviewer.org/

You can view all of C04:
http://lomsor.com/minecraft/overviewer/C04/

Ha … the symbols for the different view angles changed.

Oh, yes the Modpack has a minimap mod in there. It’s all in the Opening post. It lools different though. But the modpack can’t connect anymore. Its version is outdated.

1 Like

What do the markers start with and end with now after that patching incident?

1 Like

Nothing changed ingame.

For some reason Mojang thought it is a good idea to have JSON inside the text NBT tag. Even though the NBT system could have done everything they wanted.

Signs are converted from cleartext:
Example
To:
“Example”
Spigot does something like this on top of that:
{“extra”,[“Example”],“text”,""}

1 Like

Surely you must be able to schedule it? Get it to run automatically once a day (or hour, or something)?

1 Like

Yes. But it uses quite a lot of resources. If players are on the server they might notice it. So I decided to do it myself. It’s just executing a script after all.

3 Likes

I made some simple stations for the time tunnel. There’s one roughly every 1000 blocks (11 stations in total + the end stations).

3 Likes

Posting just to say Scott Manley is great…carry on now

1 Like

I shall have to take a look. Good work! :smile:

Also, I have just gotten round to installing the Optifine mod and it has improved my game performance massively. Highly recommend it if you don’t have it.

1 Like

I went a bit cowboy and made a desert oil rig and a station a few days ago…

2 Likes

I was testing a way of making a good looking future road that looks ok and also has half slabs so that you can make some sloped parts as well. I think Nether brick + Quartz for stripes looks best (too bad there’s no half slab coal blocks).

I tried to make a car that can drive on such a road. But it seems Nether brick, stone slab and quartz are included in the car craft. Can this be changed? This kind of road would make an ideal standardized road type to be used across the future. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I like the look of that road! :slight_smile: And it can be easily expanded for more lanes or other types of road too.

2 Likes

And the lane size allows for a car 4 blocks wide (+those buttons in the sides for tyres)

1 Like

http://www.lomsor.com/minecraft/reference/movecrafttypes/Car_BG-B.craft

Car has currently Block Group B

    - 44    # Slab

Removed slab …

1 Like