Unofficial Infinity Minecraft Server

I guess I should come visit the server again at some point

2 Likes

Rekt

2 Likes

It has been a while since I played on Minecraft and so I just began a new project on the server! A defensive seafront wall with the established railway connection passing through it. The idea is that it will look intimidating and provide some interior exploration once finished… There is a long way to go :smile:

Not posting any screenies yet because I’ve only just started!

Overviewer co-ordinates: X:2040 Z:-210 (construction not visible until @Lomsor updates it)

4 Likes

I should probably get back to the server soon :slight_smile: Still gotta finish the tower in Dum.

2 Likes

Updated last Friday … totally forgot to tell :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’ve done a little bit of work on Big Sister last night, starting work on the barracks. I might start supplying screenshots at some point. To be honest though, none of these buildings are particularly pretty, but I might revisit them at a later time.

Additionally, I may not have mentioned a while ago that I’d cleared some space a bit further under Twin Sisters (the underwater hub) a while back, in preparation for building a train station or something. I might want some assistance from someone well versed in track construction there at some point.

Aside from that, I’m going to start building ā€˜lots’ on Big Sister for anyone interested to start building their own stuff there. There’s also enough space in the internal harbour for someone to build a decent size ship if they were interested.

I’ll also probably start projects elsewhere at some point.

2 Likes

Whomever could you mean? :innocent:

Sure, once I find some time for Minecraft again I’ll go check it out. You can place signs for me with any general directions. Do you want dual track or single track connection?

3 Likes

Probably dual.

It’s subterranean, so there’s plenty of space to be had if you want to go to town.

Just be wary of losing your bearings. Also, there’s a lot of water on top of you, unless you run it underground to the mainland, you’ll have to deal with that at some point.

Though, a glass-covered railway on the seabed would be fucking sweet.

1 Like

All right, I’ll see what I can do. If I take too long to get around to it (read: over 2 months, I’ll have time at the latest then) give me a reminder. :smiley:

2 Likes

I didn’t know you guys hosted a minecraft server. I’ve hosed one or two before, but I’ll have to check ya’lls out sometime. Do you guys have any particular goal or is it a just build and have fun kinda place?

2 Likes

There’s no particular goal other than maybe trying to build a single world (all builds are part of the same universe). :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@xamino When you get round to it, the quickest way there is to /warp BigSister, then go into the barracks on the right as you pass through the entrance, then follow that round to the staircase down to the access tunnel.

Or you could jump into the water and find the doors near to the dome

2 Likes

I was just pondering the content of our fun little Minecraft world and wondered if it would be possible to create an illusion of a time portal to the future. And whether you guys would feel the urge to get behind this project as something we could work on together.

My thinking is this: as a group we have proven ourselves reasonably adept at creating historical/steampunk style sights (most of which are better than mine!). So why not turn our minds towards creating a modern metropolis beyond the current borders of Infinite Infinity?

Could we route a path to it through the Nether since, as I understand it, travel distances are contracted in there (a bit like a MC version of hyperspace)?

Of course, we would need a new landmass to accommodate this, so I bow to @Lomsor’s server superiority. :smile:

2 Likes

As long as it’s reasonably far away from the steampunk/medieval world (so you can’t walk into the future) then I’m fine with it. Another world could work too if Lomsor’s server can handle it.

I continued the airship docking tower in Dum by the way. Didn’t take any screenshots but it is there to explore :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@xamino, got time to play some Minecraft today? I’m logging in now. I recall we had some collaborative plans on the station in the bottom floor of the tower :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sorry, I’d love to but I don’t have access to the game right now. I’m on the go. :stuck_out_tongue:

But I’ll get around to it some time this week I am sure, and I have not forgotten the switching yard in the tower. :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah, that was another reason for creating some sort of ā€œTime Tunnelā€ through the Nether. :slight_smile: We could hopefully use that to reach a whole new stretch of land without connecting the two parts in the overworld.

1 Like

I thought of something like a train teleporter …

Tracks -> =
Station -> S
Teleporter -> |

Medival times:

S============|       |=|                 |=|                                       |=|

Future times:

|=|                             |=|                     |=|                |=========S
1 Like

Would a distance like this be possible with the Nether portal method?

I hink no one would walk this distance :slight_smile:

There would also be some room to expand in both time areas.

Also: dibs for the Temple of Time with that portal :wink:

2 Likes

Compression is 1:8

1 Like