Unofficial Infinity Minecraft Server

You mean the one with a base with bricks? Shows on Lomsor’s map.
Is it considered part of the mining town?

1 Like

@Lomsor. Can you just disable the zombies from breaking doors? This would make it possible to not overuse torches and yet have villagers while hostile mobs are enabled. I’ve never liked that feature anyway. You always have to be repairing doors…

1 Like

Yes. I hadn’t considered it part of the mining town, mainly because it is a bit away, but I don’t mind either way.

Ninja Edit: @Lomsor How often does the map update? Is it a manual process? You don’t have to do it, I’m just curious.

1 Like

One of my favorite plugins: Factions has been implemented.

It will handle following:

  • Area Distribution
  • Build Protection
  • Group Management
  • Blocks Monsters / Explosions / Fire Spread and Endergrieve
  • Faction specific spawn/home points (/f home)
  • Handles players inactivity by removing them from Factions (currently 50 Days)
    When faction is empty it will be deleted and all claimed land will be released.

It is really powerful but needs some getting used to. Hit me up if you have any concrete questions.

Here’s the Documentation.

1 Like

Some basics right here.

To create a faction: /f create FACTIONNAME
To invite a player to that faction: /f invite PLAYER
To join: /f join
To promote a player: /f promote PLAYER
To claim land: /f claim
To toggle auto claim: /f autoclaim
To ally with a faction: /f ally FACTIONNAME (The members of the specified faction can now build in your land.)

General info: /f list or /f l
Faction info: /f faction FACTIONNAME or /f f
Map: /f map <\ON/OFF>

2 Likes

So… who’s up for an alliance? :smiley:

1 Like

So you claim land chunk by chunk? I’ll have to set up a faction and claim some land it seems :wink:

1 Like

Yes. That’s how it works. Then, if you want, you can ally with other factions so they can help you build. There’s even more to it but that’s the basics.

1 Like

All right, I’ve started claiming land, for now only my structures in Ja-Min. I like the map capability… maybe I should look into getting myself a minimap.

I’ve also begun (and am almost done) a railroad from the mining town (sorry, can’t yet remember the name) to the villages to the south of Lucas’ town; it passes to the west of it through forest and mountains, so it shouldn’t be in the way of anything. It can also be the basis for future extensions into other areas.

@LucasFIN: Interested in connection your city to the railways? You’d have to build the station, but if you want, I’d connect it.

1 Like

Sure. I’ll build an underground station once I get the castle ready. Right now I’m a bit confused with the claiming thing. I ran out of “power” to claim my town and there is still 99,99% to claim :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

You gain power over time.

How much did you claim? I have set a maximum of 100 Power/Chucks per person. 10 Power per online hour.
That allows war (which we don’t need because we are on creative) and limits areas a player can claim.

Try in some minutes again. The system isn’t trimmed yet so I may need to change some parameters. Keep reporting.

Another solution would be to invite some players to your faction.

1 Like

can you see the land claimed in a normal map as well? Not just the text based map?

1 Like

The thing is Lomsor, that by this rate I will be claiming my town longer than it took to build it :wink:

1 Like

No. It’s metadata stored separately.

But some mapping tools (Dynmap) have a feature to show areas. Though Dynmap is pretty resource intensive.

1 Like

Can we be given unlimited power until we have claimed our EXISTING land and then take it off once we are ready?
Claiming newly built land with this rate isn’t a problem since you spend a lot of time on it while you build it.

1 Like

Town is now fully claimed 8)

1 Like

Map Update!

Still uploading. But should be accurate in one hour. Will port to server next time so no upload is needed.

3 Likes

I wont get much time on the server due to college in case any of you were wondering why I haven’t been on for a few days. I might be able to get on most weekends though.

1 Like

Hm, I thought I had explored further… At least I filled some holes. :stuck_out_tongue: Thanks for the update anyway, Lomsor.

I’ve finished the main branch from Cheston south to the villages, try it out, it is quite a distance! Extensions forthcoming, but I think I need a break now…

1 Like

You should refrain from exploring until we hit 1.7. Lots of new biomes will be deployd with that patch and the more we wait the closer they will be.

1 Like