Unofficial Infinity Minecraft Server

Thanks guys! Glad you enjoyed it. :smiley:

2 Likes

Maybe you should wait for 1.8 before building the actual Atlantis to get all those new Ocean monument blocks.

2 Likes

That’s a good excuse, I’ll use that one, thanks.

3 Likes

In fact I was inspired by it. There should be more mini challenges made for other server members. I might do my own some day :smiley:

2 Likes

So screw it, the portal now works although it ain’t pretty yet (currently open by default, the switch will be hidden somewhere in the labyrinth). I’ll start on the cavern after that so that Atlantis City can be built.

Labyrinth has again been improved, now with more lava and more down level entrances… :smiley:

2 Likes

@xamino, those wooden pillars might burn some day from the lava. Perhaps replace them with some stony blocks?

1 Like

If you mean the portal, I already changed those. If you mean other pillars… which ones? I can’t remember where else I built some near lava. :smiley:

1 Like

I meant the portal. And I was only looking at that picture while totally forgetting that you had the obsidian there already. Nm.

2 Likes

@Lomsor, any news on when 1.8 is available for Bukkit?

1 Like

These are turbulent times in the minecraft world …

After the revelation that Bukkit was owned by Mojang all along a months ago a Bukkit Dev exodus has begun.
One of the newer Devs ordered a DMCA takedown. As Bukkit holds code both from pre-Mojang purchase and succesive contributions the whole software itself is now gridlocked because noone can work on the project with consent of everyone else …

It may take several months until there’s another solution. A new era begins.

This is something I’ve been following for the last month. I just wanted to see how it turns out before stirring confusion here like it did on the rest of the MinecraftInternet. :stuck_out_tongue:


What does that mean for this server?

It looks like we better stay at 1.7.2 until other projects have reached a reasonable amount of progress towards something similar. The good thing about community projects is that … they don’t die easily.
Here’s one project that tries to bring back a standard: http://spongepowered.org

Edit: It seems like there’s still a chance for 1.8. As this looks like the last version we’ll ever have of Bukkit or its cousin Spigot I’ll try my best to elevate to 1.8.
There’s a loophole … http://www.spigotmc.org/threads/spigot-update-20140909a.29091/


I’ll update the FTB Modpack in the next two weeks to bring in a complete versions of that as we may have to sit in for a little.


Server update!

Server switched to Spigot. A different Minecraft Server mod but still using the Craftbukkit API.
Spigot Version: spigot-pached-20140916a.jar
Server runs Minecraft 1.7.10
Clients that can join: Everything from 1.7 up to and including 1.8

Testing is needed. If any plugin or vital features like Factions doesn’t work. Please report immediately!

4 Likes

Cool.

It’s a shame about all this uncertainty around Bukkit and the likes. Though it’d be nice for Mojang to finally release an official public API for modding.

The only things I’ve read about the Bukkit saga so far seem incredibly petty though, it makes me kinda sad.

1 Like

I think it was the right time.
Most of the staff seemed burned out from how they wrote their open letters. Having a slow, undramatic death of Bukkit would be much more painful in my opinion.

Anyway. The community is already self repairing :blush: And trying not to fall into such pits again.

Ha look what I found:

Got to say. The whole infrastructure project is one hell of a thing … I just spend half an hour just travelling all those roads and tracks … so many little villages. Finished my trip at Noarobo … at the border of nowhereseland … looking outwards …

4 Likes

Oh, I totally forgot that I still have to connect that track… ups. :smiley:

2 Likes

I’m going to have to check out the labyrinth and more of the rail tracks. :slight_smile: It’s been a while since I was on and construction of Ceivn has ground to a halt!

3 Likes

I’m starting a new project in the Peaks of Dum. It will be the City of Dum. The capital of the Kingdom that covers the Plains of Dum (the area that includes for ex. Daisy Meadow and East Shore. I think part of it could be a collaborative project.

http://lomsor.com/minecraft/overviewer/C04/#/2227/64/-1692/-3/0/0

1 Like

Looks good. However, could you keep it on the southern mountain range? Otherwise the railway pass is not very realistic if it passes through a city. :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: nvm, everything has been cleared. :smiley:

2 Likes

###Added [Movecraft][1]

[1]: Overview - Movecraft - Bukkit Plugins - Projects - Bukkit

3 Likes

I must make the Ardinian Navy movable :smiley:

1 Like

Awesome. :smiley: I might take a break from railways to take a look at that. This calls for a submarine entrance to Atlantis…

EDIT: This calls for a secret project. XD

Anyway, @LucasFIN: you can now make your city gates workable too:

2 Likes

Oh wow, should hop on the server again sometime

1 Like