Time to spread the word! (Evangelism Kit)

@hrobertson
I didn’t know that, thanks.

@INovaeFlavien

Kate Russell
How about BBC’s Kate Russell, the best way to contact her is to send her a
tweet on twitter to check out the KS campaign and game website and take
things from there. Kate says twitter is best. This should come the I:B
dev’s though.

But she has written an Elite Dangerous book and is an avid space game
fan and computer geek. I’ve been watched her every week on BBC Click
for years (tech show) doing her webscape and more recently tech
reviews, and BBC Click goes worldwide. So she has a massive audience,
and a massive fan base reach.

Best way to contact her is to send her a tweet on twitter to check out the KS campaign and game website.

She has a huge fan base reach.

https://twitter.com/katerussell

http://katerussell.co.uk/

3 Likes

Kind of weird how many non-english sites picked up the game first. Is this behavior typical of kickstarters?

Well, the project lead isn’t a native English speaker. Half of the dev team aren’t native English speakers! So that might have something to do with it. Infinity has always had a good non-English fanbase.

@INovaeFlavien
@INovaeKeith

I’ve sent a PM message to the Star Citizen writer Dave Haddock on the SC forums, regarding checking out the KS campaign. Dave has been in contact with me a couple of times in reply to me asking him to name something moon like in the game after the late great Sir Patrick Moore, of BBC Sky at Night. Dave Haddock says he’s looking for something to suitably name.

I’ve also contacted one of the Dev’s from the game Interstellar Marines (Impeller - on the SC forums) (Bozar - IM dev) asking the same.

Also ex-Star Citizen dev Wingman recently asked for his Decent Underground to be added to my in-development games thread on the SC forums. I’ve also sent a PM to him.

Not sure how useful this might be but thought it worth a try.

2 Likes

It’s been picked up by pcgamesn. http://www.pcgamesn.com/infinity-battlescape/infinity-battlescapes-kickstarter-promises-wars-the-size-of-solar-systems-and-a-seamless-space-sandbox

6 Likes

Ok, that site is fairly mainstream, and has a wide reach. This is good.

There’s very little added value in their article though, which is a shame. I guess they didn’t ask for prototype access.

O/T: That’s the first site I’ve seen that has a comment system based off the Steam Community API.

1 Like

I agree with you, @Topperfalkon. The article feels to me on the “suspicious” side, I:B being “yet another space sim stcuk between two giants already launched”.

Oh well, at least there’s an article and it’s not on a negative tone.

I’m actually a little more upbeat about it. PCGN is reasonably high circulation, and it probably won’t get lost as quickly. The article is fairly neutral-positive, so hopefully it will drive views to the KS page.

It just means that it relies yet further on the existing KS page and existing third-party testimony to sell the game to potential backers. What we really need is decent third-hand article-size testimony from a reputable and popular news source. We also need it if we want to create a Battlescape wikipedia page, but that’s an aside.

At the moment I’m discussing on the SC forums planetary flight as compared to what Star Citizen will offer at first and then in time the more advanced atmospheric flight and landings. What both games will offer in two years and beyond. Two different games and scope of course. But it helps the KS by driving hits to the KS page. Right?

But I could do with some help please from any ‘citizens’, I’m not very good with typed grammar, comparing and contrasting points etc.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/292230/how-planet-transition-should-be-from-a-game-doing-it-right

I am such a frustrated futurist, the long wait we all have now for ED, SC and I:B to deliver these great gameplay features.

2 Likes

I just got this mail on my phone:
“CaptainShack just went live
CaptainShack - Infinity Battlescape - Pre-Alpha Space Sim
Tune in at hitbox.tv/CaptainShack”
Haven’t watched it yet, but it sounds promising.

2 Likes

Watching it right now. At the start, he gets a cockpit flickering glitch that I haven’t seen before.

That’s a good thread to get people to know about I:B, more than the off topic other games section

Yeah I need a little help there to move the topic along. While people will look up I:B and that means some will convert to pledges.

Heh, so he did notice my message on his discussion page on the channel as he did say that one of his viewers pointed him to the game.

I get an internet point!

3 Likes

I also PM’d him :stuck_out_tongue: And I’m sure other people did too.

Tell you what, we can share the point. Or do we all deserve a point each?

2 Likes

It’s a schrodinger’s point :3

2 Likes

just repeating my post,

@Hutchings

Yes this was a good little video. Get something like this up on youtube in HD 720p/1080p so we can post it on the SC forums where I’m posting about this very topic of transitioning to planet. Another one also going back up again towards something interesting like the rings would also be good.

Maybe another one with the ship being fired upon as it transitions the atmosphere. 3 little videos, or one that covers the above. Very useful.

I can use a few (on one longer - down/up) video/s like this if you have time to make them in HD and drop them on youtube.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/292230/how-planet-transition-should-be-from-a-game-doing-it-right

Moving the thread topic along helps draw people to the KS page. And some of those hits will convert to pledges. Right? These videos would be great to use along with some users here who are Star Citizens.

1 Like

I need some help over there please, to move things along answering questions I cannot.

for example this question here:

In case I’m missing something, what kind of progression is there? I’m not seeing any.
I can’t get behind a game that does not have some type of progression, as I wouldn’t play it more than 2-3 matches :stuck_out_tongue:

Can someone answer this please. Thanks.
*edit: Answered it, here:

1 Like

Well I’m slowly getting more converts over on the two threads on the SC forums.

and ED forums:
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=150306&page=12&p=3001859&viewfull=1#post3001859

and Selbie has joined me on:

The main few replies are generally about:-

  • ‘This game’s been around for 8 years, so what’s new now?’.
  • ‘The game engine was ready back in 2010’.
  • ‘There’s no persistence’.
  • ‘There’s no planetary transitioning heating effects’.
2 Likes