I tried to write about I:B in some YouTube channel’s discussion pages to help get the word out (TheXPGamers and Scott Manley, who I watch and know they like space games, so I thought they would be interested) but I think my comments were marked as spam for some reason. I can see them when I’m logged in but not when I log out. Maybe YouTube doesn’t like it when people post links.
Does anybody know why that is happening? If you could explain, it could help me and others avoid having that happen in the future.
And if someone posts a comment or similar on a YouTuber’s page or video, would it be OK if you shared a link to the comment so that we can like/comment on the comment so that it can get a higher rating?
Ah, wait, I think I found the problem. I posted a new comment as a test, and it looks like you can’t have links or edit the comment, otherwise YouTube automatically hides it. Maybe it needs to be moderated/approved to appear if it contains links or has been edited.
Anyway, here’s a link to the comment that I managed to make appear.
The original one was a small description that contained links. And I am apparently unable to link to that.
EDIT: Feel free to write another comment if you think the one I wrote paints the wrong picture.
It’s possible other users or the channel owner would view comments that are long/contain speech that sounds like an ad/are overly solicitous/contains links as spam because, well, it smells of spam. “Hey I heard you like ------, come check out my channel” is a popular one. As a result I think people are extra skeptical when they view comments in youtube, and you might have to be subtler when you preach because in a world where everyone’s trying to sell you something eagerness can be perceived negatively. Of course, doesn’t mean that’s the reason in your case. Way to spread the word.
@ Parisbre56
I have found a couple of things:
They have great technology that allows epic space battles with hundreds of players taking place in entire planetary systems.
And: and gather resources
you have “systems” The battles take place in one system. More then one shard but only one system.
As far as I know “gathering resources” has not been confirmed.
Take this as helpful criticism… from someone who is surprised he can tie his own shoelaces.
What do you mean? Why have a procedural engine if every instance of a system is going to be the same as in the kickstarter. It wouldn’t take anything to generate a new system per game.
In 2013 the game’s developers announced that a multiplayer combat game Infinity: Battlescape would be attempting to raise funding on Kickstarter at some time in 2014.[12]
The development blog described the game to be an arena-based shooter in space. However, due to the capabilities of the I-Novae engine, this “arena” will take the form of a realistically scaled solar system. On a basic level, it is planned to focus on combat in the Infinity universe. Stretch goals, including an economy and mining, as well as detailed interaction with planets and moons are being considered. An interactive technical demo of the I-Novae engine is planned to be released alongside the KickStarter campaign.[non-primary source needed]
This looks good.
I read Development twice and can’t remember it. Done with that then. I hope it helps.
It’s not going to be the same as in the Kickstarter, but the Devs mentioned that they don’t plan unlimited Star Systems in the Base game. It isn’t clear if they would allow it in a separate mode though.
The reason for this is that designing a game where the gameworld isn’t fixed and hardly predictable is a lot harder then one where a lot of elements can be hand placed. Moreover is tweaking and extending the engine to follow strict rules to create a set of possibilities.
What this means is that I-Novae decided, with their projected funding, to set a certain scale. The AAA pendant also have (or plan to have) borders, limits to what the procedural engine can do.
For Infinity:Battlescapes base game, it looks like we are limited to one hand crafted Solar System, this saves resources as they don’t need to code a generator for good solar systems and hand placed structures, this saves resources as they don’t need to code a generator for good structure placemet. You get the drift.
What we retain are full scale procedural planets, rings, (unknown) and most importantly a fun game to use that for.
We can’t tell yet. Information hasn’t been consistent enough. The Kickstarter will provide a definitive answer.
I would dig up posts by devs, but I’m just too tired.
I think this page should be modified, to be about inovae studios. Then put a lot of the current content into the history of that company.
These questions should be answered:
what is inovae studios and where does it come from?
who is Flavien?
what is infinity battlescape?
“the quest for Earth” should rather be mentioned as a vision. Not as the central topic.
Yeah, sorry, my bad. I started writing about the engine and got a bit carried away.
You can always reply to my comment with the corrections. I think more activity helps comments get higher rating thus making them more likely to be seen.
Unfortunately, a lot of medias/sites have relayed the information about our KS launch along with a “new gameplay video released” title ( the one with the transition on the volcanic moon ).
That’s been a bit frustrating for me, because what we posted wasn’t meant as a gameplay video but a small teaser quickly done to make people wait.
No worries. You did good with withholding information. They will do another articel starting with: "Remember the guys who posted that gameplay Video. Their Kickstarter went just live and it (blows us away/is stunning/could be interesting/simmilar so "EdSc…’) …
They aren’t fanatic like we are. They get game news all the time.