Thoughts for the Kickstarter campaign

No, each blog post and update was a hype station. The final station would be the release of the MMO. Still quite a long way to go.

1 Like

there’s a song about this… it’s called “long hype train coming…” from the doobinovae brothers. I let you find @Hutchings in the picture :smile:

and also " Hear my hype train a comin’ " by Flavien Hendrix

Thanks for the awnser and sorry for the late reply,
can I still get alpha and beta pledges after the Kickstarter?

From what I understood of Keith’s post, yes as long as you make a pledge amount during the campaign.

I think you misunderstood my question.
I can’t pledge during the KS campaign, because I don’t have a credit card, and KS does not support Paypal.

I was wondering if I’ll be able to get an Alpha or Beta package after the KS campaign.
I understand you can keep funding the game directly after KS, but I don’t know if Alpha or Beta access
is still available then.

As far as I know the two only ways to get an access to the alpha during the KS campaign are : back on KS or being Gaming Press/Journalist.

According to Keith, during the KS campaign we will not be able to back other than what’s available on KS.

ask your mom for a credit card and pay her with cash

You might be surprised but not every family does have a credit card. Not everyone likes the concept of credit cards.

1 Like

Debit card then.

I have the same problem, luckily my gf has a creditcard. In some countries you can also buy prepaid credit cards in some stores. In germany you can even buy them at Penny-Store. I think some gas stations might also have them.

I think any modern payment card (with security code
on the back) should work. It definitely doesn’t have to be a credit card.

Paypal can use a bank account directly, but that might only be applicable in certain countries.

According to kickstarter paypal is not a useable option. Sadly.

Ah yes, I forgot.

I think UK Kickstarter allows Paypal, or maybe it was something else. Or maybe they don’t offer it any more.

Kickstarter web site:

Once you’ve submitted your project for review or feedback, you should hear back from us within 2 business days.

As it has been a week since the submission, either the Kickstarter reviewers are swamped with submissions or the INS guys heard back from them and they’re tweaking the parameters of the Kickstarter campaign so they can submit it again.

I found mentions on the web of projects that didn’t hear back for up to three weeks, so apparently the queue can get pretty backed up.

1 Like

I swear, every time I see this bumped thread, I think:

“YEEEES IT’S HAPPENING OH wait, that’s the discussion thread… nvm.”

1 Like

As far as I know they “only” submitted the video, not the whole campaign.

I hope you don’t mind, but I’ve renamed the thread so that my heart doesn’t jump through my mouth every time I see it :smile:

4 Likes

Fair enough :slight_smile: