The Wolf Game - Panic Station - Werewolves Win!

Psst, not so loud! The humans will get suspicious… :disappointed_relieved:

The angry crowd slowly turned against Aquila. Someone had stopped the train last night and everyone knew that she was the conductor - how many other people had access to the brake van? None! She must be killed! The_Sane tried to stay calm and pointed out that Lomsor, the train’s engineer, could have also stopped the train but no one was interested. Cise and Enginish eventually decided that enough was enough, they weren’t even going to wait for sundown today, Aquila must die!

Aquila was conducting her duties, cleaning up the mess in the dining car, and didn’t even notice people walking in from the second class carriages. She only knew there was someone with her when Cise grabbed a bottle of fine liqueur off the shelf and smashed it over her head from behind. She fell to the floor, shouting in pain and pressing her hands against the back of her head to try and stop the bleeding. Enginish attacked next, clawing at her with his bare hands, tearing long open wounds with his bare hands! Cise looked a little taken aback as Enginish attack the conductor, it almost looked as if Enginish had claws and the snarling sounds he was making didn’t even sound human.

The maddened Enginish looked up from the tattered remains of the conductor, covered in blood from head to toe, and stared wildly at Cise. Cise took a step back, wondering if he had been mistaken about Aquila being a werewolf… Without any warning Enginish leapt onto Cise and began tearing him apart with his bare teeth!

The rest of the mob arrived a few seconds later, a few of them ran forwards to restrain Enginish and save what was left of Cise. Three of them stayed behind: Topperfalkon, Lomsor and Mattk50. The_Sane, struggling to restrain Enginish, turned around and began to shout to the other for help… he stopped mid sentence as he saw the expressions on their face - murderous grins showing long fangs.

Game Over - Werewolves win

Congratulations Enginish, Mattk50, Lomsor and Topperfalkon

Side Note: Why was there a day today?

I foolishly timed the day switch over time to be at 0300 my time - this turns out to be a bad time to organise complicated spreadsheets or to write storylines! The last wolf kill was the winning kill, but I decided not to end the game then so that I could end the next day at a more reasonable time.

Wolf Discussion Thread
Game State Spreadsheet (Inventories are not up to date)

3 Likes

Wait what?

This one came in the mail today, Sane! Wear it with pride! :blush:

3 Likes

Updated the game end post with a couple of links. I’ll type up a big meta post later with a breakdown of the game and what I felt went well, and what didn’t. In the meantime, feel free to tell me everything I did wrong :wink:

My opinion might change once I see all of the role descriptions, but I feel like the humans were very strong this game. Three extra-judicial murderers, two role confiscators, a role scanner strictly better than the Priest (Cosmos’ Mime), plus everything else we didn’t know about… Not to mention their ability to buy more poison/bullets/night protection at Redwater.

And then that fiasco with Cosmos…

I’m honestly surprised we won this one :confounded:

1 Like

It’s kind of sad to see this end like this. I’ve been following it from the start and was even going to try to budge my way onto the train as the doors closed, or at least piggy back on the end of the back carriage :wink:

Either way, I will probably try to get onto the next game whenever it may be.

Lomsor had me in his enthral, sorry @Aquila! You were right all along. Anyhow, hope you enjoyed your first wolf game.

Very well played wolves. Had me confused the whole game.

@martindevans Really enjoyed the game. I liked the added complexity although it gave the wolves more to hide behind.

This was a deliberate choice: humans keep losing my games so I thought I’d give them a helping hand this time! The helping hand took the form of every single person having a role.

I think the problem is that players tend to be really cautious of whatever new mechanic I introduce each game. With the subsystems we saw the humans evenly distributing themselves and barely using them, which gave the wolves all the time they needed to infiltrate critical systems and kill everyone off at once. This game, most of the roles were barely used, for example of the three killing roles barman and chef were used once each, and the man with the golden gun was not used at all!

I have an idea for how to fix this next game :wink:

Edit: As a rule, I don’t normally release the role descriptions. Obviously I reuse role ideas between games, so the less people know about them the better.

Fiend.

I was too cautious.

Next time I get a gun with 3 bullets I’m going to shoot you on day 1 :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Believe me, playing the AFK game was incredibly frustrating.

But hey, thanks for not killing me.

EDIT: (I assume this is cool now the game is over)

@NobleBrutus, you have no idea how close I was to giving you info on my role. I’m glad I didn’t though, you tricksy bugger :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, I tried.

Topper was a wolf, so fuck that. As if it wasn’t hard enough getting a read on Matt while he was getting cut up on a table, we had someone who just didn’t even speak. Combine that with the number of people who just wont talk much or will happily give their secrets away to people they have no reason to trust in private makes playing wolf games here annoying.

Shame I had no time to analyze the thread during lightspell day 2. The initial idea was just to gather info on day 1 and make a decision on who to lynch day 2. But setting up for my sisters wedding obviously took priority and there was no internet access at the venue either. Once back home I did start to figure things out, but we were already dead.

This was an exceptionally well balanced game!

I’m amazed how you managed to do it. Even with new items, balancing them on the fly :open_mouth: great work martin!

I have to say I think this was the best wolf game gameplay wise I’ve partaken until now. There were so many possibilities, actions to do, we were on a train that was actually moving and it felt that way. Cool cool!

I was a little suprised how much information was going arround in this game. By the time we left the tunnel most roles were know by us, the wolves, as well as certain human players.

Also @NobleBrutus, I enjoyed being your ally. I’ll take good care for Fluffy. Promise. Also great roleplaying in between. :thumbsup:
Ey. I didn’t trick you. What I told you were my real believes … sure I “knew” that Aquila was a huamn, but if I didn’t knew, I would still have told you to chill. Because that’s the way I roll, chill :stuck_out_tongue:

I hope everyone had fun playing against us. Whew … these games feel long, lets see … oh 21 days. What was the longest (realtime wise) wolfgame of the community?

Also, who’s up for celebratory stew and apple pie?!? :stew: :apple:

(To go along … you know … wolf main dish.)

1 Like

Because no-one made me, and whilst I had ideas for things I could post, none of them seemed suitable enough to actually go with. I was toying with misdirecting everyone with a false role, but struggled to think of something actually plausible.

Add to that the limited amount of time I have during the day to post, the awkward day end time, and it just didn’t work out.

And it may sound like a bit of a cop out, and to be honest it is, but it was also really hot last week, which made thinking and staying awake in the evening a bit hard :frowning:

Anyway, sorry guys. I’ll try not to do that again next game

@martindevans

I know you said inventories were not up to date but when did I ever have a lead bullet?

That was the worst part of the day turn over time. I’m sitting here with my computer, it’s 35C in the room, and I have to wait until 3am to do a load of complex spreadsheet managing :frowning:

These were the inventories as I initially rolled them (before the game started) and then I swapped some items around when I actually sent out the role messages. After that, I just managed the inventories in all the individual “TWO Role” threads. So it’s possible you actually never had a lead bullet.

On a side note, does anyone know why private messages I’ve sent out don’t have avatars next to them in my inbox? It made managing my inbox a colossal pain in the ass.

I get the same with my messages. Any messages that I’ve created have no avatars, but the ones that other people have sent to me do.

Right, so the signup for the next game will involve sending me a PM entitled “TWG role” :stuck_out_tongue:

Might be a good idea to bring this up in the forum bug thread, or on meta.discourse.org.

I just played as I would have played as a human. No headache, no worries, good times. :stuck_out_tongue: