It might, if it’s done too late. If it’s a quick edit, it won’t show. I believe there’s a minute or two where an edit won’t count in the forum’s system. So for that reason, Google and anonymous it is.
I don’t know. I did the edit almost immediately. It might if I did so in the future. Good point about edits being against the rules, though.
If its anonymous through google im okay with that. I imagine it like were all passing out ballots in the room and putting them all in a hat before reviewing results kinda thing. I bet martin iant very happy about this but, whatever. If he shuts it down up to him. Im down to participate in this if its totally anonymous. Terran needs to reveal resulta before the end of the day though. I hope its not going to be too little too late. My points of concern have pretty much been addressed.
Let us see this form, TerranAmbassador, and see if it meets our requirements.
You’d think that a secret bunker deep underground would have facilities just for thi… oh I forgot I was still…
[Meta] Hey guys! Sorry I’m coming in so late, been busy today and didn’t check the forum yesterday.
Ralph disappointingly looks up from the grenade at the crazed intern yelling about the death of our glorious leader.
“Same shit different day,” he thinks.
To answer Lysk and comment on the state of the thread:
At face value I thought it was a bit weird and could be related to a role he has, but I didn’t pay attention to the wolf championship he played in and from what @Enginish has said it was a mechanic and definitely a valid question. I think he was just trying to nail down the possible mechanics of this game and nothing more. [quote=“LyskTrevise, post:70, topic:5314”]
What do you think of revealing roles/existence of roles?
[/quote]
I was against it until @Enginish brought up a good point.
Statistically, picking someone at random is going to be a human more often than not and if we randomly selected someone to take the roles it may be the safest route. However, it’s worth noting that Enginish suggested a census be taken privately and then @TerranAmbass volunteered for the position. That’s not picking someone at random and slightly suspicious but hell it’s day 1 and I know how we all feel about leaving votes to RNGesus.
Now as I’ve been typing this it’s sort of been moving towards an anonymous poll. That’s fine but what stops someone from lying to mislead the rest of us?
The rest of my general thoughts are that TA, Enginish, Lysk, Sane, and a bit of thebrickwall have been the most active players.
Holifier, Nafen(twice), Lomsor,Cosmos, and myself are the least active. Partly because of arriving to the party late and not knowing about it and partly because of new player shyness. The best question is who is missing or trying to hide from view. Ovog also mentioned he was writing post but hasn’t posted yet.
I don’t think we’ve heard from @cybercritic or @jubbahey.
So I’ll vote for jubbahey for the AFK vote.
Follow the link:
As Skyentist has finally decided to wake up I change my vote to jubbahey. Excessive drowsiness was my reason for voting for Sky and now that reason has been put to rest. Unfortunately it still applies to jubbahey.
I’m switching my vote to jubbahey for lack of activity.
5 responses so far.
Does the doc record google account data? I’m a bit confused.
We may not get any more until morning (US). If we don’t have a full or mostly full ballot by the time the day ends, then we should make decision on whether or not to have a second confidant.
It is worth noting that 8 people have voted on the first test poll, the vast majority for bananas. So maybe 3 more.
I’m not seeing any.
8 responses. I’ll give it another half hour and post the results then, if everyone is amenable.
I would never ban hats!
The results are in. Of 15 players, I received 12 responses, my own included. Of these, 8 respondents have roles and 4 do not.
You’re right, but of course my alternative was an implied “stay the course” argument. I was also open to other ideas. My plan so far has been to question and intimidate people to get as much discussion into the open as possible so we can all form opinions. I voted for King_Cosmos partly to see how he would react, and partly to get people to react to it. I never intended to vote-to-kill on such little information this early. So far it has been more effective than our normal Day 1’s I think. I was quite happy to continue this path, but Terran’s adjustment to the plan seems reasonable as I said.
I think there is some general miscommunication overall to be honest, but thats because the plan has been morphing since it was proposed. Take a step back you two and reread and relax.
Thanks for the post your thoughts. I agree I was suspicious of Terran at first for jumping so fast to this, but now that things have unfolded a bit more Im not quite as worried. The poll is anonymous, and all hell be seeing is a number, not names or anything like that. Im fine with this outcome. I agree that the inactives need to join us and get the ball rolling.
Lysk Trevise was jolted from his trance-like state as he reviewed the packet data scrolling across his screen by terrible screams down the hallway. He was mostly a desk jockey, not meant to be in the middle of violence, although it had happened before in the line of duty. When the staff member came in, blood on his hands, and crying and he heard the news of Flavien’s untimley death, he became worried. The base was on lock-down pretty much since everyone had arrived, and no one had left or entered since the party started. That meant someone here among them right now must be the killer. But who? He hadn’t seen any information so far to indicate that any activity had taken place on his screens, so the killer must be very experienced at deception and using only physical means to bypass security.
Putting away his phone for the moment - programs still running for later review - he joined the heated discussion beginning to take place among many of the agents. His analytical experience would come in handy here. Although one member, the World Operations Logistics and Finance officer accused him of being more of a “disinformation” operations officer rather than an information operations officer… He let the insult slide off him.
(That took a while more that I had expected)
To me, this feels really weird, is the first game I play that are getting to the point, and I don’t know if the meta evolved to doing things the most efficient way, or this is a completely new strategy to try.
I’m not really keen on revealing my role, as many do, to TerranAmbassator, just because to me it feels odd, I haven’t really made the calculations to get those porcentages and risk vs rewards situations Enginish is talking about.
Since I feel we don’t have that much discuss, and the first day is always the random kill, at least this way we’re getting some info, what good will it do, I don’t really know.
For now, I’ll just keep reading through the ideas, since i’m a little rusty at logical deduction at the moment.
I’ll vote for jubbahey
Probably wont be able to check back before day ends… On the off chance that jubbahey shows up I’ll leave my vote on an alternate inactive player.
cybercritic
Due to recent developments I need to retract my vote on King Cosmos.
I don’t want to not vote for someone, so I’m going to vote for Hollifer, who has posted a roleplay post, but not contributed to the thread much. I feel this makes her more suspicious than other players who are AFK currently and will surely be warned by Martin for not posting at all today if they don’t show up.
Vote for Hollifer
I need to reread to confirm but I don’t believe Jubbahey hasn’t said anything at all, not even an RP, just I’m in. More over they’ve gotten away with relatively little pressure.
Just to confirm I vote for jubbahey