The Wolf Game - Day 7 Vampires Win!

Nor me. Either Cise was responsible for that message, or martin provided it.

Cise revealed his role to us at the start, which supposedly wasn’t intended. However, that meant that we knew the suggestion to kill Pendrokar on the first night came from a human. It was clearly a trap. We suspected that Lysk was attempting to lead an alliance, and decided that was a far greater threat to thwart. It started to fall apart pretty rapidly for us after that, which wasn’t helped by my RL commitments reducing the amount of time I had available at a critical time in the game.

I’m still fairly new to Wolf Games, I never participated in them in the old forums, but I definitely enjoyed this one.

The message wasn’t from me, Cise was the double agent role and he provided the message. The role required that he sent back a message, so I assumed he was just sending something a little mysterious sounding but otherwise nonsense to work around that requirement.

2 Likes

Okay last video, I promise.

Adventures of Enginish, Xamino, and Topper 150 years later.

5 Likes

Thanks martindevans for organizing this. It sure was interesting.

Though in the end I have to say I dislike this wolf game.

The first 3 days were all right, sure I had no clue and struggled to get connections. But by then people started to act so obvious it got ridiculous.

That didn’t work out for me. That part was in everyone’s Win condition. Shortly before the shooting I knew that you aren’t optimal targets … but you sure tried to be. And that was just contra productive.

The moment Lucas was hit and didn’t die I knew he wasn’t a Wolf, we killed a confirmed Wolf together after all. I even posted about the whole Vampire thing before Enginish did. Sure it took the Alliance about a day to sort out what was going on exactly. Lucas did help us bring down the Wolves and that is a good thing. Cybercritic reaction was great, substantial to humanity and interesting, and revealed the Vampires early. But by then it was already to late. Even if we killed Enginish ealier, the Wolves would have gained one or two more kills, which would have brought the Vampires back again. I think you can see the circle. Going te route to minimize deaths was in my opinion the only way.

I strongly disagree … the way you put it it even sounds if you unconsciously supported the Vampires. In the end I think it was clear that Human and Vampire victory conditions were very similar and comparable. Humans also don’t have means to turn others to theirs side and thus can’t gain additional profit from killing an enemy.


The reason I dislike it is the way I personally experienced it. The long days amplified the problems I had with them … here’s how it went down for me:

Day 1: Started as Roleless Human, general start fatigue. Tried to contact players and get connections but struggled due to my roollessness.
Day 2: Starved of Information. Having to defend myself while unable to concentrate on identifying the Wolves.
Day 3: The most interesting day, now member of the Human+Lucas Allianz I got some insight into real information that’s worth something. The game peaked here and it was just looking to get interesting … especially with the twist of Lucas real intention.
Day 4: Skyentist makes a slight mistake and gets killed.
Day 5: Enginish presents his plan. By the middle of the day everyones alignment was layed out. No one even tried to argument differently. Wolves capitulated.
Day 6: Fierce moral battle between me and Enginish breaks out :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Day 7: Wolves are gone. The game tied as everyones alignment is clear. Humans capitulate.

The way so many players went down without even a fight was the part that really urks me. The times I wrote the “common guys”. There were some great strugles in this too though, and I really enjoyed reading and answering to them!

2 Likes

Well, that’s kind of the problem - the humans have a chance because they’re a very big group with a whole load of special roles assisting them. The vampires are a very small group (the largest the vampire team ever got was 3, for the vast majority of the game there was just one vampire) and they only get special roles if they manage to convert a human with a special role. If I were gonna have count dracula not be transferrable I’d rather have all vampires drop dead when he does, that would be preferable to having what amounts to a separate group of humans in the game (and the strong possibility of a stalemate). That’s probably how I’d do it if I did this kind of role again.

TL;DR: This was an experiment in having a third faction, which is very hard to get right.

Anyway, I hope this hasn’t put you off from joining my future wolf games (coming soontm)!

3 Likes

Well, it was nice from the sidelines.

Maybe next game (unlike the last three), I’ll live past the first night.

Maybe.

6 Likes

You are the Adventurer. You arrive in town on day 2: you may not take any action on day one, you cannot be killed during day one or night one.

Good enough? :wink:

2 Likes

I actually did not know what the hell this meant either until after Cise had died and revealed all the 1337 secretz to me.

But first I will tell my part in the wolf game, which turned out to be a significant part apparently, since it is not quite so long… ( >:| )

Day 1:

Well, my game started out normal, with the caveat that as you all know I was The Handler. I started by watching the other players, and in the mean time posting lolz-RP because I enjoyed it. There were a few people that stuck out as suspicious to me towards the end of the day, those six people who I called out. Of course, turns out 4/6 of those people turned out to be wolves, so I was targeted that night for the kill. Which of course, I did not like. But to understand why I was even more mad, you have to understand the plan Enginish and I came up with. As Enginish explained to a few people, we had a series of leaps of faith that led to our trust, which I have put in a paste-bin here along with some team-speak PMs between Cise and I.

After we had established our trust, Enginish and I had the brilliant plan to send the wolves an anonymous message claiming that I was neutral (a lie) and that I wanted to help the wolves (a lie). In order to ensure my safety I instructed them to target either Pendrokar or Krishna for the night kill, just in case one was a wolf. Meanwhile, Enginish was to guard Pendrokar that night, giving us a 50% chance that if they followed my plan, we would block a night kill, and simultaneously confirm Pendrokar as a human.

Okay. Story time. For this, we have to go all the way back to September 24th, 2007. It’s a warm, humid night on the Gulf Coast of the best country in the world: Texas. Halo 3 comes out that night, and Cise and I are both Halo-crazy gamer high schoolers. Theres Mountain Dew, Orange Soda, like literally four 12-packs of sodas of a variety of flavors, like seven bags of chips, were good to go man: we are fuckin’ beating this game tonight! So we set everything up, and I move my chair over in front of my TV, Cise is laying on my futon, controller in hand ready to play.

So I sit in the chair to play, and literally as soon as I sit down, I shit you not this is a true story, this ceiling light just fuckin’ falls, like RIGHT in front of me. And I’m just like sitting in my chair staring at this pile of broken glass, and Cise is looking at this pile of broken glass, and we both look at each other, and then up at my ceiling where my light used to be wondering “What the shit just happened?”. So minus the fact that I was down a light and light bulb cover-thing, it was a pretty funny incident (that nearly landed on my head by about two feet or something) and we totally beat Halo 3 that night. Fuck you light bulb.

Anyways, so Cise in his infinite wisdom was probing to see if the Handler was indeed me, because I still had not told him ( I was convinced he was a wolf, as I usually am, right from the beginning), and decided that the best way to do so was to reference a bizarre incident with no absolute detail whatsoever that happened eight years ago. Like what the shit. So obviously, I didnt get the reference, and Cise never found out I was the handler until he died, as evidenced in a reply to Martin’s PM:

I’m just glad I had an impact on the game, and in general I had fun. The moment when cybercritic shot up the whole town was epic (albeit not that smart in my opinion, lol). I was freaking the fuck out the whole few hours that that happened, and it got topped off when Lucas DIDNT die. I was like WHAT?! WHAT?! HOW"

Anyways, looking forward to the next one. Heres hoping I dont die night one (or day one… Or at all hopefully).

4 Likes

The one before this, you and I were the last players!
Don’t let this guy sell you any sob stories. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

I’ll be voting for ark first…have no doubt about that!

Well damn. So I had no chance to contact the wolves by using this, since only Cise had any idea what it was about…

But now that I know I can rest in peace. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You shouldn’t have due to a chance of revivals existing. Of course the dead could ask that to GM first. It wouldn’t hurt for the dead to know if reviving exists or not.

The brilliance stops at coincidence. Neutral and with the ability to contact the wolves anonymously since day one?

When LucasFIN was lynched is when I realized that these humans aren’t following the game, so my death was inevitable. And I even wanted to use Arkenbrien as a puppet, but he didn’t budge. Grrr

Discussion on term “non-human” with Martin:

I only inquired Arkenbrien, which somehow didn’t work, so planned to use the term publicly when I have to prove my alignment, which also did not work.

Well, that was one interesting game, although I agree that it wasn’t the craziest we’ve had. :smiley:

@lolsparta4 : Again, I’m sorry for kicking you out of the game on day one. We could’ve used an active player later on, maybe I should have tested someone else. But it did get the ball rolling…

@Pendrokar : It’s funny, I was actually on the fence concerning whether you were a human or not. Ups.

@LucasFIN : You played us like a fiddle. :smiley: And it was awesome. If you hadn’t been shot that would have been one epic way to win the wolf game indeed.

I agree on generally shorter days for the next game. I also agree that some people posted way too little, especially those that were about to be lynched. But on the other hand a lot of things happened in the background which was cool, but it just isn’t publicly viewable.

Thanks @martindevans for hosting, I had fun! :smile:

1 Like

@Topperfalkon. It just says “Vampire” as your alignment in Martin’s spreadsheet (your end game alignment). Were you the 4th Wolf before that?

I was worried what would happen if I bit a wolf. Martin said that no one knows what will happen if that was to happen. :smile:

Oh yeah! I remember that one! You tricky little devil, I’ve almost forgotten about that one.

But I did die within the first night several times.

Surely you can work that out by deduction? The night before I was lynched there was a killing at night, then no more after I was lynched.

So, yes, I was the last wolf. Enginish seemed to have a fairly complete understanding of the role by the time he turned me, so he can elaborate more, I guess.

A very good point. :wink:

I was hoping that biting the wolves would spawn an entire new race of Vampire Wolves!

2 Likes

What does everyone think to 36 hour days next time? I usually go with 48 hours to make sure that everyone, no matter where they are in the world, will get a couple of chances to respond.

48 is ok. Just no extensions.

5 Likes

GG!
Greetings from the wolves

cise, Topperfalkon, Skyentist and Krishna

It was my second wolf game on the forums and my first as a wolf. Didn’t go very well for us wolves. After cise got lynched it was really just a matter of trying to stay alive. I still think we could have gotten away the second day if cise had come in early and argued against the accusations on him. I also think, while the gun killed a lot of humans, in the end probably did us more harm than good. Because of all the shooting there were really few days of regular voting, and thus easy to spot who had voted for whom and so on. On the other hand it was fewer days for a possible seer to target us, but as I understood it there was no seer this game?

I think the day-time was OK. There is always some days when AFK-stuff comes in the way of the game and that is fine I think. No need to change it. I don’t see any problems with days taking longer time. Better it becomes a bit boring rather than people not having time to argue due to the night coming to fast.

About the vampires I think it was a nice addition, true to the spirit of the forum games. My idea to make the vampires (more?) balanced would be for them to die if they happen to target a wolf at night, and for the vampire to know this. I think that could add some nice dynamics.

I still don’t really understand this…

Working on it :wink: . As well as the one for the fourth day.
I’m mostly making these songs for my own training, since I usually have a hard time finishing my songs. Trying to make a song per day is good motivation for ending a song, even if I want to work more on it. But it was really nice seeing @LucasFIN creating the map. We are such a talented community when it comes to models/art/music etc it would be nice if more people contributed with some small stuff for each day.

EDIT:
The way the forums works, without pages is really extremely frustrating when trying to go back and check what people have said earlier days. Does anyone have a good solution for this problem?

EDIT 2:
Here is the soundtrack for the other wolf game I took part in. The Wolf Game Crazy Train Soundtrack

1 Like