The Wolf Game - Day 7 Vampires Win!

Well I didn’t remain dead for long. :stuck_out_tongue:

So is there a peacefull ending? Can we just get along?

Good news, everyone!
I wasn’t lying! Also, I bit Noblebrutus last night!
This, coupled with the fact that @NobleBrutus agreed to vote for himself, means that soon all of the humans will be dead, and Eliseni will be a vampires-only kind of town! Isn’t that great?

Hmm… Maybe.

Wait! Nope! You’re right. I only win if all non-vampires are eliminated. Sorry, no peaceful ending for us.
With that being said… Noblebrutus.

1 Like

Die Enginish!

Noncooperative short sighted halfblood!

Vampires are overpowered. They would have had more then enough chance to win without a new Vampire lord.

Tiebreaker

NobleBrutus

Without saying I told you so… I told you so.

Noble took a deep breath and regained his composure… “Welcome back Xamino my son… and [gulp] you Topper.” Noble’s hand felt through the back of his robes to stroke the hilt of his dagger, he cursed inwardly, he knew he should have purchased the silver variant as instructed - but pocketing the extra gold had seemed such a good idea at the time.

Turning his back on the newcomers Noble returned to his tent to once more to find solace in the holy book of the almighty Antamera, idly the fingers of his left hand stroked the two pricks on his neck that had been itching all morning.

Then it dawned on him… he’d been bitten in his sleep! Noble’s hand started to tremble and closing the sacred book he curled up and began to weep quietly and pray to his god for his mercy and guidance.


After some time Noble began frantically searching the many chapters of Antamera’s sacred texts for any reference, for the first time in almost ten years doubts started to creep into his head… the text seemed to have no obvious references to any Vampiric activities, however he stumbled across a small footnote near the end of the seventh volume reading:

“You will win, along with all other humans, once all non humans have been eliminated.”

Noble sighed, this presented a problem - are Vampires still technically human?

Noble stood up, straightened his robes, then strode over to where the others were observing the clash of Lomsor and Enginish in the square. He tapped @xamino gently on the shoulder and led him to a quiet corner.

Noble looked deep into Xamino’s eyes, his gaze flicking uncertainly towards Xamino’s lengthened incisors, visibly poking out from his closed mouth. “Xamino… can you hear me? Is it really you?” He asked. “If there is any humanity left in you then you must atone for the heathen sins of your previous life by thwarting this Vampiric threat once and for all! … Join us! Kill the monster that was hidden in our own ranks known to us as Enginish.”

There’s no peaceful ending. If you vote for nobody then basically vampires can do what they like. Or you can try to eliminate the vampire threat.

Apologies that I haven’t done much RP

Topper hobbled over to where Noble and Xamino were talking.
“Noble, you have the mark, don’t hide it” Topper scowled. “Don’t hide from your fate. One day, maybe not soon, but one day you will die. And when you die, your humanity will escape you, as it did Xamino and me long before”
Noble didn’t move, but the words had been acknowledged. He would learn before long he had no choice.

Topper dragged himself back to the square, where Enginish and Lomsor were stuck mid-argument. His reconstituted legs were sore, and the magical powers regrowing them caused a fairly significant amount of pain when he tried to use them. Lurching over to the rather bloody well, Topper propped himself up against it’s stonework. “Lomsor, your preaching has failed you. You may hold that your honour demanded that you not forsake your humanity to join with the vampires, but your plot has failed. You may have successfully eliminated the wolves amongst us in Antamera, but you will not walk out of this as a human, if you walk at all.” Topper yelled, turning into a toothy snarl, “Your actions in previous days will be taken into account, and whilst you may meekly plea for a peaceful resolution now, I promise you when your turn comes it will be anything but peaceful.”

Exhausted, Topper sunk to the floor, sliding into the shade to evade the pain of the bright winter sun. He would rest here for a while, he thought, regain his strength for what was to come.

Florean’s annoyance showed on his face. He took a deep breath, closed his eyes, then quietly let it out.

He strode over to Noble, gave a nod to Xamino, and cleared his throat.

“Noble… I think you’re misunderstanding the gift that has been given to you. The weight of centuries will no longer press on you. You will fear nothing from men, save what all men fear: The attentions of a crowd of murderers.” At this Florean glances at Lomsor and Cosmos, huddled in conversation.

“History will open itself up to you! Science, mathematics, philosophy: The work of a thousand lifetimes, far too much for a mere man, will be within your grasp. What limits all men is time, Noble. Time was something I rationed jealously before. Every second that fell away from me was like a gold coin that I saw falling from my pocket.”

Florean grabbed Noble’s shoulders, and looked him in the eye.

“Now, I see eternity open up before me. I’ll see every corner of this world and every other world. The life will fade from the sun before it fades from me.”

Noble had a strange look on his face. Florean continued.

“The price is a tiny one! An aversion to silver, sensitive skin, some… minor… dietary changes. A quick and mostly painless prick with a knife.” Florean gave a toothy grin. “Very much preferable to fire, trust me. I speak from experience.”

3 Likes

Lot of good it will do, I’m voting for Enginish

I seriously need to catch up on my RP… Tomorrow.

Brother Xamino smiled softly at him, showing off his new teeth. “Worry not about my humanity, for I have become closer to the holy Serpent than ever before! Nay, I say to you, I am not human anymore, for I am more.” He reverently closed his eyes and bowed his head. “The Serpent has chosen me for this mission, has instrumented the happenings for me to become a vampire so that I may serve it better through the ages.”

He looked back up at Noble. “You too will soon share in our enlightenment, and once you do, you will see why trying to kill Enginish is a sin. For how can I help strike down my fellow enlightened beings?”

1 Like

Noble trembled gently as he listened to Enginish and Xamino’s arguments… he could not fault the truth nor attraction of what they said.

But as he looked around the square and spotted Lomsor and King_Cosmos his mind was far from clear. These were the people who had supported him, who had rallied to Antamera’s call, Cosmos had even saved his life from Krishna and Skyentist’s mob while Enginish and Topperfalkon had but stood idly by.

“Why must they die?” he croaked to @xamino … “why can’t we let them live?” … “Where will you get your blood once there are naught but Vampires in Eliseni?”

Again unfair. Why should the Vampires decide what happens if no-one dies? We are even now, same amount of Humans to Vampires. Sure Vampires are “more powerful beings”, but so were the Werewolves.

But then we always outnumbered the Werewolves.

The main difference is that Werewolves are driven by uncontrollable instinct to kill their victims, whereas Vampires can - to some extent - be reasoned with and need not kill their victims.

All non-vampires must be turned or eliminated for a vampire victory.

It is the only victory option left to the majority of the players still in the game.

At the moment, there is a stalemate between humans and vampires, as they are equal in number. However, the vampires will just continue biting the remaining humans. In the end, it’s in the interest of the bitten humans to break the stalemate so they can obtain victory.

Enginish explained his victory conditions the day you lynched Krishna, and I explained that this outcome was practically inevitable following the course you did. If you so badly wanted a human victory, you should have killed Enginish when you had the chance. The wolves still wouldn’t have won.

You know exactly that if we would have done that, the Vampires would have had a majority now. Also bitten Humans are still Human. And you know the victory conditions of that likewise.

We all know your victory conditions more then enough.

The standoff was pretty fierce. Cosmos, Noble and Valeriu standing above the hole Valeriu dug just days ago to get to his burred shack, now on top of that, it was infested with Vampires.
They stood down there looking up, only moving if the beam of light got to close to them. Now that everyone knew what they were, they didn’t have a reason to hide. Their fangs clearly visible.
“Couldn’t you just have gone to the abandoned villa … isn’t that more of a Vampire thing?”
After hours of back and forth, Valeriu stepped back and sat under a tree. I his whole live he wouldn’t have though to be in a situation this macabre. Werewolves, he knew them. But vampires … why vampires? He got up and released his anger on the tree that just has given him a place to rest. Seconds later it layed flat on the ground.

As Noble tore his gaze from the buried shack he looked up at the rolling storm clouds cresting the peaks of the mighty Carpathian mountains.

“It won’t stay bright for long…” Cosmos observed melancholically.

As the storm clouds passed overhead a bright flash of light seared into the town square of Eliseni. Noble’s mind flashed back to when he had first stumbled across the town - ending his days of wandering - prompted by Antamera’s holy flash of light.

The flash was accompanied by a deafening roar, “I must get back!” yelled Noble manically, “Antamera is intervening!”

With that Noble raced back into Eliseni, coming to rest before the iron reinforced flag pole at the centre of the square. Noble dropped his robes, ditched his sandles, and, facing into the howling wind, began to edge his way up the flag pole.

“Antamera! Your servant is here, tell him what must be done!”

A great roar from the heavens came again, but underneath it Noble heard a soft undertone… “You have failed me” it whispered gently. Noble screamed as another flash of light seared down and onto the flag pole sending him flying across the square to land curled up and charred to the bone barely breathing.

“You… will… all … feel… Antamera’s justice…” Noble croaked to the crowd of spectators, “Just as I … have.”

With that Noble drew his dagger and placed it over his heart, his hands trembled… ‘I have failed’ he thought, ‘but I will not fail in this’.

His arms tensed, he closed his eyes, then… darkness.

NobleBrutus

3 Likes

Well, I suppose there is a possibility for a peaceful ending. If you kill no one during the day (and state that you will do that forever more) we have a permanent stalemate and thus a draw…

I wanted to propose this before, but hesitated in order to wait for what people would decide on …

I propose peace. Surely we can arrange a permanent solution for both parties.

This or permanent stalemate.

Valeriu nudged Noble who passed out while attempting to stab himself

2 Likes

Noble groaned meekly, his breath coming in short sharp rasps, but refused to open his eyes.