The Wolf Game - Day 7 Vampires Win!

That was my Witty I’m in. Lmao

Looks like humour goes straight over my head at 3am :weary:

[quote]Addas was near-catatonic.

Nearly hanging off of his pike, his heater shield propped against his leg, the guard languished at his post, too tired to shiver even as the hard leather and iron-plate armor did all too little to fight off the soul-piercing chill around him, and too bored to care.

As a priest, who was given little more than a cursory acknowledgement, passed him into the town proper, a lone thought managed to fight its way through the stupor that had taken hold of Addas, and bubble to the forefront of his mind.

God, I wish something would happen in this heaven-forsaken backwater. I don’t care what, just. . . something.

He was unable to appreciate the irony of just how much he would long for this ceaseless boredom in the coming days. . .
[/quote]

A roleplay. I haz one now.

2 Likes

Enginish, having been gathering dust for nearly a year, suddenly wakes up. He coughs, then brushes some cobwebs off his sleeves.
“The planets must be aligned once more! As it was foreseen in the ancient days, so it is, and so it shall be! …Now is the time, I feel it in my bones. Wolf Game, I’ve waited so long…”

4 Likes

I’ll aim to start the game sometime on Monday evening (UK time). That leaves roughly 96 hours left to sign up :slight_smile:

Soo I’ve only played wolf once, can someone give me a rundown of the basics? From what I remember its just trying to find out who the wolf is and hang them. all the wolves know each other and kill someone each night…so how does one win?

Both teams win by completely eliminating the other team.

In practice this means that once there are no more wolves left, humans win. Once there are equal numbers of wolves and humans, wolves win (because after that wolves can just group vote unstoppably).

As others who have played my game before will know, I almost never run totally vanilla wolf games - there’s always something tweaked a little to keep you on your toes :wink:

3 Likes

Sounds fun! :smile:

Looking forward to it

[quote]A blinding flash of light. A crumpled, dark-red figure.

That last trip was horrible. What was that place anyways? Some sort of maniac laughing guy in an amusement park? At least it was quiet here.

The Illusion that had followed Arkenbrien for what seemed to be eternity had finally found something else worthwhile doing besides being Arkenbrien’s living hell. Or non-living. Illusions were tricky things.

Dusting himself, the cloaked figure, a strange long thing on his back, observed his surroundings. From a distance, he spotted a tiny village. Hopefully one with a bar.
[/quote]

2 Likes

Hey all!

I’m new to your forum, but I know Enginish IRL and he’s told me for years all about the epic wolf games you guys play. I’ve played before with cards, but never online, and I’m excited to participate in an epic game!

My roleplay:

A carriage rocks down main street, spewing thick mud behind her. This ceaseless rain has made the roads thick with the slush, making a dangerous journey even more so.

Out of the carriage steps a man in his mid thirties, Virgil Dacia. He doesn’t appear pampered, but it’s also clear that it’s been quite a while since he’s done a hard day’s work.

Taking in the village in he thinks to himself “Dreary. Small and dreary”. He looks up at the inn’s swaying wooden sign, “The Piercing Stake Motel”. Across the street the church stands out to him as the only “powerful” building in town, not so much looming over everything as much as it constantly hovers in the periphery, like the yellow light of a full moon. Between the sign and the church he adds “Superstitious” to his list of first impressions of Eliseni.

As he makes his way to the door the carriage driver peaks out towards him, “That will be-”

“You will take the bags inside if you wish to receive your full compensation”.

More to this intro to come very soon…

6 Likes

Welcome to Eliseni and the forums! Don’t worry, we are insane!(collectively)

Welcome!! Keep your hands and feet inside the ride at all times and remember to watch out for the flying newspaper. :stuck_out_tongue:

I think you’ve come to the right place.

2 Likes

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! Enginish said this was a cool place, so I’m fairly excited. I noticed I’ve already been listed as visiting noble. I fear my fairly standard username might betray my intentions in Eliseni, so to remedy this I have finished writing my intro.

Inside the motel Virgil finds a sparsely furnished common room, complete with the best the town has to offer, like chairs and a lamp.

A portly older woman sweeps the common room, brushing the bulk of the dirt under the rug. “Welcome to the Piercing Steak” she says in a monotone voice, hardly even looking up.

“Greetings, I will need the use of your largest room and finest bed for the next month. I can pay up front” He says, bouncing a pouch of jingling coins in his palm.

“We have a straw bed and a mostly clean bedpan.”

“Do you at least have a desk I can make use of?”

“My husband does.”

“I’ll pay to have it moved to my room for the duration.”

“What’s your business here with all your needs and demands?”

“I am a clerk for a shipwright from Constanța here to inspect your village’s forests. This town could stand make a lot of money if I like it here. Do you understand what I mean?”

She looks him over. His title would have anyone believe what he says, but his dress and spending betray his station. He is no aristocrat, that is certain, yet his flair for gold is clear. Perhaps ill gotten gains line his pockets? But perhaps that doesn’t bother her.

She leans her broom against the stone wall. “Very well, right this way sir.”

She leads him to the back of the motel to a door at the end of an eerily long hall. The door doesn’t budge when she first jiggles the handle. She pulls a large iron key out of her apron pocket and inserts it to the aged lock. The tumbler clicks over with a loud clang. The inn keeper pushes open the door to revel a room that makes the carriage look like a grand estate. The room smells like a barn, the flakey hay mattress must be the culprit. Beside the cracked lamp is a worn bible and a wooden cross.

“Just holler if you need anything. Breakfast is just after dawn” she says as she leaves.

Virgil eyes the room and thinks to himself “Eliseni is just the kind of village we need… But must we really come this far into the mountains to turn a profit? It will be challenging to lay low in a town that’s already so impossibly mundane.”

“Ma’am, can you have the valet bring my baggage to my room?” He hollers.

Nothing.

“Ma’am?”

He makes his way back to the main room to find the woman sweeping once again. “Could you have the valet bring my baggage in?”

“I believe he’s set off to the pub”

He thinks to himself, “What is the point of money if you don’t own the things you buy?”

Begrudgingly, “I suppose I’ll get them myself.”

“In this town you need to watch for vampires if you go out after dark”, she says tapping the window with her broom.

“Vampires?”

“Demons who suck your blood!”

“I’ll be sure to keep an eye out”

As he approaches the door the inn keeper’s wife mentions, “Be sure to keep a cross on you at all times. Faith burns them.”

He leans for the door “Right.”

She slams the door shut. “Most of all remember they can’t come inside unless you invite them over your threshold.”

“I’ll keep that in mind”, he says as he breaks past the crone.

Virgil puts his collar up to ward off the rain and wind. Off in the direction of the forests he hears just the faintest echo of an echo, but he knows it. In fact, he is more familiar with it than anything else in this godforsaken village. Wolves. They sound hungry too. He would never tell anyone his most secret thoughts but perhaps there is something more deadly in these mountains than vampires…

7 Likes

I’m In

I’m happy to see another one of these :smile:

As Noble crested the top of the imposing Peleaga mountain he stopped to notice a small village down below. At this moment a rainbow was clearly visible arcing over the village and, seemingly to emphasise the point, a streak of bright white light shone down from the heavens piercing the rainbow and shining on the town centre. Noble let fall his carry sack and sank back against the firm face of the rock - at last his days of wandering were over, his God had led him to his mission. After offering a prayer of thanks to the almighty Noble gathered his things and set off to fulfil his God’s work.

(Mysterious Missionary just relieved from his 14 months of wandering through the Carpathians)

Upon arriving in Eliseni with dusk close at his heels Noble made straight for the site of the miracle. Much to his disappointment however he found nothing unusual or at odds in the square, at that moment a drunkard stumbled out of the bar and onto the street - “You shall bring Antemera’s curses upon us all…” muttered Noble distastefully for it clearly stated in the tome of Antemera the almighty ‘those who drink the fermented poison will bring harm not just to themselves but also to those who share their company’. Noble resolved to set up camp near the site and await further instruction. He set up his small army issue tent in the grounds of the Church opposite the bar and set to reading the large tome of Antemera till the morn brought its surprises.

5 Likes

I’m in, RP in a few mins

4 Likes

This one in am I. As a peasant. A unique choice.

2 Likes

One more and the list is full. Will the game start during the weekend then? :slight_smile:

Possibly, I have a pretty busy weekend though so it’ll probably end up getting delayed until late Sunday at best.

I’m in. I’ll be the town drunkard. RP in a few mins.

1 Like