The Wolf Game - Day 7 Vampires Win!

erm yes I forgot a part. I didn’t want to jump on the Topper bandwagon.

Self preservation dictates I vote Lomsor for now.

I voted against Matt on day one to try and promote a tie, and because his RP gave an easy excuse to bump him off. Well, that’s what I thought at the time, but I thought it through and it didn’t make sense, but by that point the main purpose had been fulfilled (breaking the bandwagon), so I didn’t want to change my vote. Sadly, it didn’t work as intended, and we decided to kill an innocent person (well, that was purely Xamino, actually) and lynch an innocent person.

I also find it suspicious that a group of so-called humans have been conspiring in PMs again. No-one has approached me in such a way. If it weren’t voting in self-preservation I’d find Pendrokar quite suspect right now.

To reiterate, my current vote is for self-preservation, therefore Lomsor

PS: As mentioned earlier (I think, I certainly intended to mention it), I’m going to a wedding this weekend, which will limit my availability. @martindevans I’m requesting an extension of the day until Monday 8PM UTC/GMT, if you are willing. Given the disaster the first day has been, this might actually benefit everyone.
EDIT: Vote removed.

Communications trough all channels is important. It increases cooperation.

We know the wolfs talk amongst themselves. They have the luxury of knowing who are on their team. Why shouldn’t humans try to organize too? In past games that worked out pretty well. We have enough drawbacks already. Controlling where Information flows is important after all.

For my part, as I said above, I hadn’t gained anything out of that yet.

Sure I don’t know how your schedule is, but it’s in the middle of the day and half the people haven’t even voted yet. It would have contributed more if you just voted to who you think is suspicious instead of trying to save yourself so early.

I oppose. That’s a quite big extension and a little less then 23 hours are still available for people to vote and discuss.

In my opinion the extension of yesterday only added to the disaster …

This day has had a bit of a slow start so I could extend this day, all the way until Monday is a super long day though! Are you unavailable Friday too? I could end this day Friday evening (when it’s meant to) and simply extend the night out to make sure you’re about for the start on the next day (on Monday)?

The feeling is in no way bi-mutual. I just figured the two of you can’t both be wolves.

While it my be strange I agree with you, but you can’t really blame me. How could I know that Mattk50 would unnecessarily reveal his role and Xamino would use his prematurely? Also I don’t feel that Arkenbrien was really into playing this game.

So in the regards to day extension “I Have No Strong Feelings One Way or the Other”.

As for my schedule, I’m eating dinner in less than an hour, then I’ll be sporadically online whilst also packing for the rest of this evening. Tomorrow morning, I might get an hour or so before I spend half the day travelling by train, at which point I’ll be busy with wedding rehearsals. So I can’t count on having the time to change my vote.

No, Xamino shooting an innocent was a disaster.

As for suspicion, Xamino’s actions should make him suspicious, but it’d also be the obvious ploy for a wolf with that role. I’m uncertain what mattk’s role in this really is, I believe he probably is human. Pendrokar hasn’t really given me a reason to believe he’s human, and he appears to be trying to push a vote against me.

However, looking at the current count again, I’ve realised I’m already tied, so sod it.

Pendrokar it is. I hope I don’t regret it.

@martindevans I may be periodically available on Friday, but not much. Can I ask that you extend the day to midnight Friday/Saturday, then the night to midnight Sunday/Monday, both GMT. That might be less contentious.

Edit: Vote removed.

This doesn’t seem like your usual human logic cise. I know i haven’t played a wolf game with you in awhile but it seems someone out of character for you to make this kind of leap, and your other posts seem to be trying very hard to project an appearance of impartiality. For example, you say we are probably dealing with veteren wolves, surely a veteren wolf of your caliber would be first to know, and first to make a claim like that in order to cover yourself. For now, you seem to be a better target than lomsor if we’re picking on the vets.

As for pendrokar, i don’t think he intended me to share the information about my contact with him, but It wasn’t exactly classified information, just an opinion he had already shared in the thread. In the past human communication and subsequent reveals of communication have been fairly helpful to the human side, having been responsible for a few myself that managed to pull off a win.

Cise for now, i looked back through lomsor’s posts and he doesn’t strike me as a wolf, though at this point of cise isn’t a wolf i’d throw my money down on both lomsor and topper being wolves.

Pendrokar is being quite defensive but that’s normal to an extent. I wish we were getting more of those less active players posting, i hope we aren’t just all fighting amongst humans right now.

@martindevans I may be periodically available on Friday, but not much. Can I ask that you extend the day to midnight Friday/Saturday, then the night to midnight Sunday/Monday, both GMT. That might be less contentious.

The day should end 19 hours from now (20:00 Friday evening). I’ll extend the day by 4 hours as you suggest, until midnight Friday.

The day will end in 25 hours

Pendrokar couldn’t bear it anymore. All these excuses remind him of the Witch Hunts with other peasants in the good old days. “I was just using magnets!”, “I was just learning a foreign language.”, “I was just born this pretty!” were the phrases shouted by witches and warlocks. Now that he hears that voting for someone to be lynched should be taken as a joke or a human error brings the last straw. And he ain’t got a lot of straws. Humans don’t make errors, evil does! Evil also works in the shadows(6/15 votes cast right now).

I will have to go with Matt’s logic here and vote for Cise for now. I will change my vote if the following conversation will convince me to do so. What Matt described here about Cise’s behavior reminds me of how I acted when I played as a wolf in a past game.

For being in Trevise’s list of suspects or some other reasons as well? I apologize if I have missed some obvious points in your previous messages. Topper has indeed been acting like a classic stay-out-of-the-spotlight-as-much-as-possible type of wolf player with occasional RP and self preservatory action breaking the silence. Other than that I have no real evidence against him at the moment. Certainly suspicious but so are the other silent players we have here. I have been in touch with Lomsor and I’m still evaluating him and can’t tell much about him either.

Cise

At the moment I feel compelled to chime in over @Lomsor’s actions.

Picking a vote via RNG is at best irresponsible for a human and at worst an attempt to avert suspicions of being a wolf. I’ve been looking over his posts and I’m having a hard time assuring myself he is human. So for now I will vote for Lomsor, unless something convinces me to vote otherwise.

At this point, I’m fair convinced that there was at least one wolf in Trevise’s list. As I still have no suspects beyond that, I’m going to continue staying my vote, for the moment.

In general I would agree with you, however, not because he may or may not have had some insight as to the wolfs identity, but because 35% of all the players are on his list. Odds are at least one is on there. Perhaps he knew something we didn’t, but I won’t base anything substantial on that list yet. Time could show he cracked the names of all the wolfs on day one, or he miss every single one. Of course, that doesn’t mean those names shouldn’t be under scrutiny. I suppose what I really wanted to point out that he listed quite a few people so statistically a wolf should be on it.

1 Like

“We may not be sure who is responsible, but what of those lingering on the sidelines? Krishna! Come forth and show me you are a repented man.”

Krishna

Why? Inactivity.

Tarvak awakens to a striking headache and the sound of a wooden stool against the hardwood floor

“Great Antemera,” He exclaimed, “this is the worst hangover I’ve had in years. That’s the last time I offer free drinks to whole town!”

Even worse, there are two less villagers in town to recoup his losses. “Damn these wolves and the panic they cause,” he thinks.

Tarvak walks outside into the blinding sunlight and groans. “Make that three”, he mumbles as he spies the “here lies LyskTrevise down the well” across the road from his tavern.

Hey everyone! The semester started this week for me so it’s been quite busy getting settled and getting ready for classes so I hope you’ll excuse my lack of activity the last few days. Now that it’s the weekend I have nothing to do but read and do homework which always accompanied with the internet so I should be near…barring shenanigans.

Tarvak glances across the intersection and sees those on their day to day activities looking nervous and twitchy. “Could be any one of these damn people.”

2 Likes

I just don’t have enough to cast a vote at this time.

A question though, why didn’t the wolves kill @xamino if they know he has a gun that is capable of revealing a wolf? That seems like a role that is worth a kill more than @LyskTrevise list of suspects that lists a third of all players. Was that list that good?

It is an useful role yes … but also one that can play into wolf hands. First we don’t know how many bullets he still has left. I guess he has more, as I don’t think he would waste his role that early. Second, the chance of him hitting a wolf at this moment are pretty slim. Maybe by tomorow it may be more clear, but every human death brings the wolfs a significant step closer to victory. Third, if a wolf is revealed he still needs to be lynched, which takes time.


At the moment I’m leaning between two posibilities. I’m going to shout them out now, even if it kills me:

  • Ether Cise is a wolf that made very obvious mistakes in his last posts:

Of course both are possibilities. But there are only so many veterans to go around, and all of them having significance is pretty unlikely.

And this pretty much.

  • Orrr … Mattk50 and/or LucasFin have been wolves all along.

And played really really really well, using Cise mistake to take him out. Yes far fetched but a possibility. And yes I’m the first to openly suspect LucasFin.

But my experience tells me option 1 is more likely. So take that just as a possibility/reminder that, with enough effort, wolfs can appear human in general conversations.

I’m just trying to think outside the box.

As I said … when evaluating votes my brain goes crazy because … no borders. I’m not going to jump to any conclusions yet.

And no this is no diversion. You can believe me or not. I’m a role less Human. I can’t influence the game in other ways then voting or conversation. And I’ve been criticized for not contributing yesterday. So I try to make up for it in this post, telling you my thoughts.

I don’t have more time at the moment to cover more people or posts. I’ll definitely change or re-evaluate my vote this evening with reasoning to back it up

1 Like

All right, I retract my vote for Lomsor. Discussion is happening and I’d rather you remained alive and talking than dead and silent. :stuck_out_tongue:

So whom else to vote for?

Yup, I agree. However I want to point out that I lack any solid information at the moment, thus making the choice pretty rough. As we still have some time, I’ll go with Cise for now:

Cise

“Sadly” he’s been an active player too, but in this case I think the suspicion outweighs the benefit of doubt.

Votes so far (if my count is correct):

Cise - (3) by: Mattk50, LucasFin, Xamino
Lomsor - (2) by: Cise, King_Cosmos
Pendrokar - (2) by: Lomsor, Topperfalkon
Topperfalkon - (1) by: Pendrokar
Krishna - (1) by: NobleBrutus

Knowing how trigger happy Xamino was, I would have also been worried. Xamino’s yesterday’s one vote on Krishna means way more when you count that Xamino might try to kill him. That says something. Krishna is probably human.