The Wolf Game - Day 7 Vampires Win!

Boom.

LucasFIN staggers backwards from the impact of the bullet. He looks up at cybercritic, with an annoyed look on his face. “That hurt!”, he shouts.

LucasFIN

LucasFIN looked down at the hole in his heart, a trickle of blood was oozing from beneath his hand. Deadly silence fell across the crowd and the echo of the gunshot could be heard faintly reverberating off the mountains.

“I… umm, you see. This is quite simple, I can explain this…” said LucasFIN as the crowd started closing in. “I… uh, necromancy, it’s a hobby of mine…”, he continued as Xamino closed in, clutching TerranAmbass’s knife in his fist. The first to strike was Krishna, as LucasFIN tried to defend himself the drunkard smashed his heavy 3 pint glass over his head and that was the sign for the crowd to attack. Sharpened farming tools and blunt heavy objects rained down on Lucas, visibly crushing his arms and legs and audibly snapping his bones. Finally with a mighty swing of his scythe Topperfalkon beheaded LucasFIN and the mob finally stopped.

The body collapsed to the floor and blood slowly oozed out of the body, forming a small puddle…

It Is Now Nighttime - LucasFIN is dead

All people to whom it applies, please send in your nighttime roles quickly. The next day will start in 24 hours.

5 Likes

anxiously awaiting end of day post

2 Likes

“I… uh, necromancy, it’s a hobby of mine…”
I love that line. :smile:

As the day drew to a close. Pendrokar hopes for survival turned onto TerranAmbassador. Terran responded with the opposite

TerranAmbassador: “Oh yeah, well try it before I do it to myself.” :triumph:

Pendrokar was struck heavily by the implication of such an action. How can someone value their life so less, while Pendrokar valued it above everything?

Pendrokar: “You have my utmost respect, let me show it by paying in kind.” :fearful:

Pendrokar gets ready to commit suicide. When suddenly…

Topperfalkon: “You’re both crazy, someone might get killed. Let’s just go to bed.” :sleepy:
Lomsor: “We can’t. The gun. Xamino, grab the gun. Target him… Target them both… somebody fire!” :rage:
cybercritic: “I’ll just do it myself. Do you feel lucky, TerranAmbassador?” :sunglasses:

Bang!

As Pendrokar saw Terran bleeding and walking, he thought his newfound friend is still okay and well.
Pendrokar: “Terran, you’re okay!” :joy:
As Pendrokar went for a hug, he got stabbed by Terran.
Pendrokar: “Knife… heh… i… ron… … … Y” :astonished:

10 Likes

Cybercritic got up in the middle of the night, he’d been exhausted with all the extra undertaking work recently but somehow he just couldn’t get to sleep properly tonight. He walked downstairs and began heating a pan of water to make some coffee, it was going to be an even longer day than usual. While the pan boiled he wandered through to the workshop to have a quick look at what he needed to get done today, as the flickering light from his lamp filled the room he stopped, staring at the empty slab where the body of Enginish had been. Had the beasts broken in and eaten the body?! Surely not, they preferred their prey live. He turned around to walk back to the kitchen just in time to see a pair of glowing eyes and then the pan of boiling water landed in his face. The undertaker screamed; his face and his eyes felt like they were on fire and he barely even noticed the pain as the wolves bit into his flesh.

Xamino and Noble_Brutus walked along the street early in the morning, arguing quietly with one another about which of the priests should take the lead discussing funeral services with the undertaker. As they arrived the argument stopped short - the thick oak door was smashed clean in half and it was clear that nobody would be discussing anything with the undertaker today. As news spread through the village a crowd gathered outside the church, muttering about the terrible fate of the undertaker…

It Is Now Daytime, Day 4

The body of Enginish is missing
Cast your votes for who to lynch for the death of @cybercritic
The day will end in ~47 hours (Saturday, 22:00 UTC)

1 Like

Florean coughs, and a small cloud of ashes flies from his mouth. He also looks slightly tanner than the townsfolk remember.

“…Listen, I’m just as surprised as you are. But, uh… This thing saved me. Probably.”

He laughs nervously as he unbuttons his shirt, revealing an angry red mark burned into his chest. The design is chaotic, with drunken whorls of unreadable script swirling about it.

“If it looks painful, that’s because it is. This thing started off tame, but let me tell you, the fire got it pretty mad pretty quickly. I get the distinct feeling it will absolutely not protect me a second time.”

In all seriousness though, I’m surprised to be alive after that stuff with Lucas yesterday. I thought for sure he was a wolf and had lied (astonishingly well) about being a necromancer. But… Here I am.

Quick low-down:
Lucas was obviously being partially truthful about being a necromancer. He could revive people and the fact that I’m alive is evidence of that.
Here’s where it gets tricky though: I no longer have the same role that I had before. It’s been changed to simply ‘Marked’, and now my objective is to stay alive until the end of the game. I’ve gotten no information from Martin about Lucas, but I can draw some conclusions.

First: We all know for sure that the wolves killed me. If Lucas hadn’t died, I would be in a position of almost unimpeachable trust. Basic reasoning about role balance should tell you that this Necromancer role is not a wolf role. This is also supported by Lucas’ attempts to have Cise killed, despite Cise’s confirmed wolfiness.
Second: Lucas was obviously not honest about his role. I’ve lost my role, become Marked, and had my entire win condition changed.
The above two points lead me to only one conclusion: Lucas was part of a hitherto-unknown faction, non-wolf and non-human. Pendrokar may or may not have been part of this faction as well.
This faction has the ability to ‘recruit’ dead players by Marking them, and…
Well, that’s all I’ve got. No players have told me anything, so I feel that all of these faction members are dead. All I can do now is stay alive by throwing my lot in with the faction most likely to win: The humans.
Importantly, this means there are more wolves out there than previously thought. If Pendrokar was a wolf, there is one, maybe two wolves left. If not, there are more.

So, uh… Don’t kill me please :blush:

Im getting a bit tired of @NobleBrutus , im pretty sure he pissed in my well last night and quite frankly i don’t see what defense he has. The whole game he’s stood by trying to stay uninvolved.

Cybercritic lay on the floor, eyes burning, he could feel the blood leaving his body. He had a few minutes for his body to be drained of blood, heart still beating, when it stops the brain will still be conscious for a few moments, incapacitated he though of who and what to think in these dying moments. I have been with these people for a very long time, he thought, maybe some will survive, maybe the dramatic death of Lucas and the information it yielded will help the remaining humans kill the rest of the wolves.

It got colder and it got darker, death is nothing to be feared was his final thought.

3 Likes

Noble turned to address his congregation, "The Almighty Antemera has weighed Enginish in the balance and found him worthy! We must be glad for now we know that there is light at the end of our journey if only we continue to follow his mightiness in all that we do."

With that Noble took a stroll across to the well and proceeded to empty his bladder just as Antemera had commanded him to do the previous night.

I am a roleless human and have had little to go on so far, so mostly I’ve been watching carefully the arguments presented by others…

In my defence I broke the tie between Lomsor and Cise in favour of lynching our only confirmed wolf kill (Cise) when if I was a wolf I could have easily gone along with the whole ‘RNG’ argument against Lomsor.

Also @mattk50, why didn’t we get another medic study last night?

1 Like

Wow, quiet day.

Who would you have suggested i studied?

LucasFIN or Pendrokar would have been best I think as they were both very vocal.

Noble looked about the square,only a mere couple of his flock had turned out to discuss the day so far, “come forth and speak!” Noble bellowed his voice echoing round the square.

“I would like to hear what the heathen priest hast say about this.” Noble muttered.

Xamino

Pendrokar, probably. It would have been easy enough to assume Lucas is/was a wolf after the shooting failed, but Pendrokar was killed by TA’s role, so wasn’t proven human or wolf.

Just a warning the day will end in approximately 6 hours at 2300UTC.

I’m actually out at the moment and won’t be back until then, so the day may end a little later if I’m back late.

6 hours? Come on people.
@Lomsor @xamino @Skyentist @Krishna @King_Cosmos

Skyentist and Krishna are both suspect for keeping a low profile and for being on the Lomsor bandwagon.

@martindevans can we get an extension?

Skyentist

Hmm … I didn’t know who to vote for. I don’t think ether Noble nor Xamino are wolves.

I’m voting Topperfalkon. Generally staying in the background even though he is on the suspect list. I think he walks the middle ground between active and inactive … trying to not get targeted.

Sorry, I was busy IRL. Here are my thoughts:

LucasFIN: well, I have no clue what to make of that. Enginish being alive again is a point towards LucasFIN being human, but him not dying is a point against it. I was in contact with him, even trusted him as a human, so the happenings came as a surprise.

Vigilante: I was surprised to loose my role in the first night but was afraid that a wolf had taken it so I kept quiet about it. I can now say that the role included three bullets which was why I felt shooting someone on day one would not be a waste, especially as there was another reason behind it that I will not yet lay out into the open. But now the role is out of the game.

TerranAmbassador: was probably human and could take one person with him if he died. Understandably he went after Pendrokar with the ability. As to what Pendrokar was… I don’t know. I was suspicious of him and his non-human talk but seeing that Enginish is now “marked”, maybe the third group of players is a possibility.

3rd Group: If it exists probably has the single goal of surviving. Current information would suggest that LucasFIN and Pendrokar might have been a part of it which would hint at Pendrokar being human. Enginish would then be the (final?) remaining member now.

Cybercritic: Probably human. Or well played wolf and successfully killed 3 humans with his actions.

All of this is purely speculative though. I think I’ll have to go back and do some more analysis of voting patterns etc to see if I can gleem something suspicious. I fear that the remaining wolves will be hard to smoke out given the current confusion.

I will not vote yet, not until some more people have voted / posted.

EDIT: Crossed out wrong info.

It was friday yesterady, that’s why at least I was inactive (was at the pub)

There have been wolf necromancers before (in other games), so we cannot know this. Moreover if there is a third faction, we can’t say for sure how things are being balanced.

This seems awfully lot of what Pendrokar was speaking about. Making me believe that he was of this third faction as well. Now you Enginish, say that you are allied with the humans, but is that really so? I mean, I take it that you can win together with the wolves as well (for example 2 wolves and 2 marked in the end makes it that both wolves and marked wins?).

I’m still suspicious of Xamino. I mean, Cyberciritic was killed the first night after using the gun, while xamino has been spared all this time.

How could he possibly be a wolf if he was killed by the wolves during the night?

Of the people that are left, I would say that King_Cosmos, Skyentist and Noble are the ones that have been most passive and inactive and therefor wolf-like to me. On that basis I vote NobleBrutus. He has twice tried to get a band-wagon against me for no reason and throughout the game given no reason for other votes as well. Instead he has just been trying to stay as much in the shadows as possible. Seems very wolf-like to me.

Right, totally missed that, thanks for pointing that out. So much to keep track of… :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m against voting for NobleBrutus actually because he is at least active. Based on who did not vote for Cise on day two I think for now the better bet is to go after @Skyentist actually.

I’m pretty certain noble is Human.

He voted quite vigorously. Going back and forth. His voting pattern also doesn’t frame him.

Concerning the third faction … this is what I had to say about that:

I’ll wait until later and then may switch to Skyentist.