The Random Thread

The headphones DT990 Premium have arrived and I’ve plugged them directly into my work laptop (a Dell Latitude E6540). They sound great.

Comfort wise my first impression isn’t great. They’re about 20 times heavier than my crappy work headset and most of that weight is right on the top of my head.
I’ve padded them to the left and right so the centre of the headband doesn’t actually touch my head and they feel better now. I expect I’ll get used to them.

The sound card and ModMic (and GFX card) arrive later this afternoon.

2 Likes

Connected up the Sound Blaster, headphones and mic and I’m really happy with the quality.
A bit of extra padding and I’ve been happily wearing the headphones for a few hours.

Grab me on Discord if you want to hear my mic quality. @The_Sane thinks it sounds pretty good.

2 Likes

Soo … the Scarlet Solo arrived today. Really beautiful design and build quality. Such a nice box. Not much use of it on top of my second speaker between my two screens though. :stuck_out_tongue:

And … fail. Apparently the ModMic needs power to run and the Scarlet Solo “Line In/Instrument” of course does not provide such … after some further research I found this to be the solution. Also according to the comments on this video even with a decent connector the ModMics perfomance isn’t really that great, we’ll see … . I could also solder such a connector myself, but honestly, I don’t want to put more time into this, I rather lash out even more money :confused: .

What I start to learn from this is that one should actively look for negative reviews of such hardware. Go to Google, enter hardware + static or other similar problems … :rolling_eyes: . If in the end it is a little better I’m happy, as it did work with my sound card … just not to the extend I hoped. We’ll see if it exceeds that exception in the end. :slight_smile:

A SAM launcher simulator (apparently free).
And I thought farming was niche…

Venus and Luna.

8 Likes

Those are gorgeous, what did you take that with?

I noticed the other day that the moon was a sliver of rust color. It felt like cyberpunk watching its reflection in waves and next to venus and rising Capricorn.

1 Like

Thanks. I took them with a Canon 450D. Saw it happening and grabbed and shot … thus they are a little noisy.

Anyone here interested or do glitch art?

show us! Thats cat clock spooks me well!

3 Likes

an example.

edit: added some more i poked around with.

4 Likes

Glorious scanlines!

(post not withdrawn by author, won’t be automatically deleted in 24 hours regardless of flagging)

4 Likes

(post drawn by Arthur, will be dramatically repeated with 24 flowers unless nagged)

1 Like

(post typed by author, should be deleted in 24 seconds unless fraged)

1 Like

(post normal, will continue to exist barring unforeseen intervention)

This is the future of video games

3 Likes

Fucking Handibot lol.

Context for those unfamiliar: https://youtu.be/STeglH9T7nA?t=1h2m43s

2 Likes

9 Likes

Gotta say, having rain twice in the span of a week feels really really weird in SoCal. I’m not sure how many are from here but it’s just the darnedest thing.

hohoho HOHO

12 Likes

That’s fantastic.

Is it possible to have a custom holiday banner @inovaeflavien ? Or perhaps save that for the holidays next year for an avatar…

1 Like