The Random Thread

If you really created a sudden vacuum of that magnitude in an atmosphere there would be more than a thunderclap.

This size of the Galactica is 1438x536x183 meters which is about 141 million cubic meters of air that would be implosively displaced. It would be the mother of all vacuum bombs. I’d love to know that the blast radius of that would be.

2 Likes

Come on, it’s been years since I’ve tried very hard to not think about this detail.

Also, if you want to keep the planet clean and bioweapons are too much of a hassle to fine-tune, why wouldn’t they use crude but massive ships to jump in-jump out at low altitude? They clearly showed the ability for double-jumps in the first (or second) episode with a raider.

That’s why when Niven and Pournelle worked their drive out for Mote in God’s Eye, they went to physicist Dan Alderson and carefully weighted the implications of varied types of drives.
This one is actually the worst possible combination in regard of not wiping civilisation up in the next five minutes.

4 Likes

Why did Antony have to die? WHY!?!?! The ONLY ant I cared about, mercilessly killed by a MAD MAN! No reason for it. Just killed. He had so much potential, that ant! I HATE you Peyton Reed! I HATE YOU!!!

2 Likes

##INTERNAL SCREAMING INTENSIFIES

4 Likes

The only thing I’ve done that could compare is watch a MATLAB loop eat up 12gb of ram

2 Likes

The worst part was that my computer usually only runs about 50 or so programs.

4 Likes

WHAT are you DOING to that poor computer?!?

:stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Obviously I’m working on spreading the reptilian virus so we all can praise the true lord. Raptor, raptr duh.

3 Likes

5 Likes

3 Likes

Missed opportunity for a name.

Mind blowing Facepalm

2 Likes

5 Likes

Has anyone been to Iceland? I’m thinking of going for spring break this year and looking for ideas of things to do and places to see.

1 Like

Here’s a simple list for Iceland for the most part.

Into Eve online? Wait for the developers events.

Into eating weird food? Eat weird food there.

Into hiking? hope you have 7 pairs of boots.

Hoping their’s something else to do? Most of iceland is to.

4 Likes

I don’t think I’ll be lucky enough for fanfest to coincide with my spring break :wink: That being said I wanted to go with my girlfriend and I don’t think she’d appreciate being dragged to a neckbeard party.

Id plan to do lots of hiking, I’m an avid backpacker and I was going to bring most of my gear with me anyways. Adding a third continent and fourth country to my boots would be pretty awesome!

Is there anything else there besides hiking and hotsprings? Either way I’m pretty OK with that, I wouldn’t mind doing a multiday backpacking trip and tenting it out there

1 Like

It’ll save you in hotel fees for sure. :wink:

1 Like

You can try to explore the volcanic caves if you’re feeling suicidal. Try to make it to the center of the earth eh? Or was that a different country in the story, I can’t remember.

1 Like

Doom for linux/mac?!?

EDIT: NOPE! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Reporter gets a mad case of the giggles during ’emergency defecation situation’
It’s a crappy report.

http://zap2it.com/2016/02/reporter-hilary-barry-cracks-up-emergency-defecation-situation-report/

1 Like