The Kickstarter has begun! Pledge now and spread the word!

Nope, we’re stuck with the low KS resolution for the embedded video.

That’s really unfortunate…

Yeah, I wasn’t happy about it, but every KS project has to deal with it.

That sucks. I don’t remember noticing that for ED’s Kickstarter campaign, but maybe the models they used didn’t have such small elements (like struts), so it wasn’t so noticeable…?

E:D’s Kickstarter campaign was pretty much only David Braben talking, with small snippets in an asteroid field, if I remember well. So it definitely didn’t have a resolution problem :slight_smile:

1 Like

When I found out we could only do a 640 wide video I looked at a bunch of other KS projects and indeed, their videos also suffered.

Anyway, some other constructive criticisms of the Kickstarter:

There’s a severe lack of details that would excite people and/or help people believe in you.

e.g. Brief mention is made of “100s” of players, but that’s easily overlooked despite it potentially being a big differentiator from most other space games. And ideally: Why do you think you can do it, when others haven’t?

e.g. No mention you’ve been working on the engine (partly in your spare time) for the past 9 years (or however long it’s been). That fact alone would make it clear you’re not just jumping on the space game bandwagon, never mind that you’re determined developers. I’d also have mentioned that you’ve tried other ways of bringing your dream game to life, but in the end Kickstarter seems the only possible answer (sympathy vote).

e.g. No mention what “true scale” means. Gives us some numbers!

e.g. No mention that your planetary atmospheres use optical physics to render them almost exactly as they’d really appear. i.e. Not just made-up to look pretty.

e.g. More details on your procedural planet tech. Maybe some nice screenshots showing various different surface types. edit: I guess this would be suitable for an Update on Kickstarter :slight_smile:

5 Likes

What about providing a link to a YouTube version of the video? Much easier for people to watch (HD) than downloading some file.

For me it was watching the Bluedrake42 live stream that signed the deal for the the level of my pledge. Flying for a long time across a planet very fast and at extremely low altitude makes for some intense watching.

2 Likes

Pledged as high as I dared :slight_smile:

I want to see clouds and storms!

2 Likes

Same for me. I was already going to pledge to this project but actually seeing what is possible with it made me want to pledge as much as I can afford.

Guys, now the videos and stuff have to go viraaaal, super viral… send them to youtubers, milions of people watch them!!!

1 Like

I hadn’t come across the following video before, so I hope it gets linked to in a Kickstarter Update:

3 Likes

I’m sending the videos to famous Italian youtubers, hope they will post something!

1 Like

Backer #21

I really liked the livestreams.

1 Like

Good points,
I would definitely include more of the awesome scenic screenshots from the screenshot topic and make an emphasis on the fact that they are taken in-engine.

Pledge’d.

That is one interesting tier distribution. Have you ever seen a game with that many more $250 pledges than $5 pledges? I sure haven’t.

9 Likes

www.gamerant.com/infinity-battlescape-kickstarter-100-player-space-battles/

One of the first mainstream articles is up…

6 Likes

should also increase the $75 slot allocation IMO…

2 Likes

I think this has been answered before, but cant find it so I’ll ask again: does anybody know when the developer Access forums will go live?