The Kerbal Space Program Thread!

Omg I’ve never noticed that you could use RealFuels tanks as batteries! :astonished:

Edit: In others news there’s been a minor setback to Minmus metal mining; the mining drone spontaneously exploded when I switched to it :anguished:

1 Like

Okay, I found out why it was so heavy

If you fill an entire tank full of batteries, you have a fuckhuge amount of electric charge.

1 Like

I assume it has roughly the same energy density as the standard batteries?

Probably. All I know is when I filled one of my empty tanks with batteries, my DV went from 6000 to 2000

On the plus side, if you have electricity-using engines, you can fill up the right ratio just like any other fuel.

Is it just my spacecraft that explode spontaneously, that’s the second one now…

Can someone take control of one of my mapping satellites around Kerbin and confirm (think they are called “Map Sat”, in some ~45deg orbit), please?

I fear that I chose the wrong modpacks, there were around 3-4 choices I had to make during installation.

1 Like

I’ll take a look at them once I get this behemoth to Minimus orbit. Maybe even docked to the station there.

[quote=“cybercritic, post:148, topic:527”]
Can someone take control of one of my mapping satellites around Kerbin and confirm (think they are called “Map Sat”, in some ~45deg orbit), please?
[/quote]I just checked them out, and they’re fine.

Unfortunately for me, though, when I got disconnected, and logged back in, the nice beautiful ship I had in orbit was replaced with an older horrible not working version.

1 Like

Alright, thanks.

I replaced the refueling vessel that blew up on @hrobertson with a new one in ~500km 0deg Kerbin orbit and put another one in Mun orbit.

All choices should have had options pre selected, did they not?

That rescue ship was fantastic, I set it down on the planet and mined enough Ore and Karbonite to bootstrap the orbital construction process. I’m churning out mining drones as fast as I can build them now :smiley:

Well… that’s actually not quite true, I’m not producing fuel fast enough. Anyone know of a better way to get Karbonite? I also have a problem with mining drones spontaneously exploding when landed. I’ll land them just fine, leave them for a while, and when I come back they just… fall to bits. No explosions or anything, it’s just as if all the parts are not longer held together :confused:

1 Like

I can’t remember if I changed anything, however the server doesn’t let me launch some ships that have Near Future Construction parts on them (like the second 4-way set of RCS thrusters)…

Glad that Rescue Ship didn’t blow up. :smiley:

I’ve encountered that too, I’ve been investigating how to fix it. There’s a file on the server which lists every single part which the server allows, this file was autogenerated from my client and should list every part I have installed (clearly it doesn’t since I get these warnings too). I think the only way to fix these problems is to modify the file by hand, so if you encounter this problem again note down the exact name of the part which the server reports as banned and I’ll add it to the file by hand.

I was asked to choose a Real Fuels config, I think the options were Stockalike or Realism Overhaul. I looked in the ckan file you uploaded an saw the stockalike config listed so chose that one.

That’s odd, if it’s in the .ckan file it should have been preselected :S

So I found out after bringing my ship to minimus that the RCS thrusters on it use hydrazine, not monopropellant.

Tried to get on the server but was refused for not having the correct modulemanager file. It asks for 2.5.10, my game folder has 2.6.0.
Tips to fix?

I noticed that Near Future Construction is not ticked when you install from the ckan file, that module is picked up by ckan as a dll that we copy into the GameData folder, that might have something to do with it.

/edit
Looks like everything from STEADLER Engineering Corps is banned, like a RV-145 RCS Thruster Block and the heavy duty one and those are some nice RCS thrusters, can be used like a normal engine.

I expect that the version of modulemanager on CKAN has been updated since I put together the pack, in which case I’ll update it server side when I get back to my PC later.

Edit: Ok, back at my PC now. We’ve had updates on CKAN to Ferram, ModuleManager, NearFuturePropulsion and QuizTech Aero so I guess that was your problem. This is a little disappointing, since the ckan file I distributed specifically contains version I had hoped it would be intelligent enough not to suffer from this problem! Once no one is playing I’ll attempt to update the server config to the latest versions (this will probably require everyone to run a CKAN update).

Edit: Update in progress

Upgrade complete. The server should refuse everyone entry now, all you need to do is run an upgrade from CKAN and you should be compatible.

@Enginish: You should be able to connect straight away

1 Like

@martindevans, could you add this fix to the modpack? without it, using the HX parts is impossible.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/92630-0-90-B9-Aerospace-Release-5-2-8-(updated-30-12-14)?p=1732204&viewfull=1#post1732204

Also, if anybody is not getting flames from their HX rockets, installing Smokescreen from CKAN fixed it for me.

Launched one engine nacelle. Will launch three more, and make something to go between them.

Also, it isn’t on CKAN, but what are people’s thoughts on adding LackLuster Labs to the server? it adds things like windows that you can stick anywhere.

1 Like