Done.
In other news, I just finished launching a really dreadful low orbit comms constellation. Just about everything that could go wrong with the launch did go wrong. Feel free to launch a less terrible constellation and then deorbit mine!
Done.
In other news, I just finished launching a really dreadful low orbit comms constellation. Just about everything that could go wrong with the launch did go wrong. Feel free to launch a less terrible constellation and then deorbit mine!
Good news! It seems adjustable landing gear just got added to CKAN. That makes things simple. Iām setting up the server now and Iāll be on soonā¢
Oh nice! I wonāt update the modpack now, but thatāll make things a little cleaner next time I need to make a change 
We still need a separate non-CKAN step because weāve got a version of NearFuturePropulsion which I customised to work with real fuels.
I might pop on and say hi in an hour or so⦠Iāve really played far too much KSP today though >_<
Does real fuels not allow xenon/argon?
You would not want liquid hydrogen inside a vasimr or any MPD drives unless you intended for the engine to explode 
I was just editing my last post but since you responded Iāll reply.
Yes it does make it easier! Yeah I see that. I was poking around inside the zip 
Never enough KSP!
edit: I have a few more mods Iām about to add to suggested just because they are nice.
Double Edit: Which compatibility file do we pick with RF? My download is having trouble finishing with the stock alike one.
It has xenon, but it doesnāt have argon 
I did some research, and everywhere argon was used in the mod liquid ammonia seems to be a realistic alternative, so I substituted that.
Although NFP uses LiquidHydrogen, thatās a different resource to the real fuels LqdHydrogen so I also substituted that in. Anywhere LqdHydrogen is used (which does include magnetoplasmadynamic drives) is somewhere it was used in the original mod, so blame them not me!
I think in the end we have:
KP-01 Pulsed Inductive Thruster
KP-XL Pulsed Inductive Thruster
KX-XK Pulsed Inductive Thruster
- LqdAmmonia (replaces argon)
DS01 Magnetoplasmadynamic Thruster
DS01 High Power Magnetoplasmadynamic Thruster
LF9 Magnetoplasmadynamic Engine
- LqdHydrogen (replaces liquid hydrogen)
Gyro One Hall Thruster
Gyro Quad Lensed Hall Thruster
Gyro Two Lensed Hall Thruster
- XenonGas (replaces argon iirc)
VW-10K VASIMR Plasma Thruster
VW-200 VASIMR Plasma Thruster
VW-100 VASIMR Plasma Thruster
- LqdAmmonia (replaces argon)
- LqdHydrogen (replaces liquid hydrogen)
I considered liquid helium for the VASIMR thrusters, I canāt remember why I didnāt use that in the endā¦
I have āRealFuels: Stockalike RF Configsā selected.
edit: what trouble are you having?
Weird! I installed everything but RF and it worked. Then installed RF on its own and it worked. I have no idea what the issue is but I seemed to have solved it.
I just checked, apparently I was wrong. It seems liquid hydrogen has been used in MPDT tests before.
All problems solved! Booting up now. It will probably take awhile for the first startup with ATM.
Woot! Glad that was an easy fix. Iāll update the instructions.
I havenāt used ATM in awhile but damn does the first startup take a long time. Only about 25% of the way through!
I just hopped on assuming you must be done by now. Thatās crazy o_O
Well Iām up the squad folder which means there arenāt many folders/stuff to compress afterwards. The rest of the loading part is probably MM stuff.
Edit: Success! Going through MM patches nowā¦hopefully nothing else breaks and I can login with no problems. See you there!
Double edit: Whats your ram sit around?
Currently (in the VAB) Iām using 24% CPU and 2537.4MB memory. I havenāt done anything to try and reduce that though.
Ah I know what it is. Damn astronomers pack.
Iām idling around 3.1gb at the main menuā¦Iām going to have to force opengl
Iām going to try playing without, but weāll see how long it takes to crash.
Does this mean that x64 KSP is stable enough to use?
And will this game ever load?
No. Sometimesā¢. I get it to work about 80% of the time with loads of mods and using -force-opengl without ATM. However, ATM might be better because it increases the load speed by a LOT. Only after you do the initial boot. On the first start up, ATM goes through and compresses all the textures used in the game which is why it takes so damn long to load. It took me an hour, so donāt worry if it seems to be taking awhile. Once it loads once, it should zip through the loading procedure afterwards.
I was hitting the ramcap with my mod selection(I chose to use EVE and astronomers pack for added graphics) and it really adds to the ram use, so I had to force opengl along with ATM to play. Iām considering attempting to make 64bit work so I wouldnāt have to use ATM, but it still leaves long loading times as a problem, but something I can deal with.
If it were a career server, I would not attempt 64bit because the buildings are inherently broken, they are unupgradable in 64bit. Iāve tried to fix it, you canāt.
I put up a pair of mapping satellites in polar Kerbin orbits. I donāt know if all players get the maps, but theyāre there.
Donāt know whatās causing it, but the game keeps disappearing on me.
Disappearing? Like the planets? Or crashing? If its crashing, can you go to the task manager and check your ram usage at the space center?
Iāve already gone to bed, so Iāll check it tomorrow.
Yes, crashing.
Running out of ram is probably your issue. Did you install ATM? If not, do that. The first setup will take a long time but you should be fine. If you already have, either go aggressive or use -force-opengl
I would be very interested in this.
Never played with any mods at all so Iām excited to try. Wonāt be able to participate for a while though. Give me⦠A week.