Roberts Space Industries - Star Citizen

It’s fine, if things don’t go according to his imagination, again, he can just make some new shit up and ride the schadenfreude high until it runs out, again, and repeat ad infinitum.

1 Like

And the guy wrote this about the paywall citizencon stream.

My guess is, that they saw the unholy amounts of money another pay per view stream recently generated, and wanted to have that too? Idk how long their ppv stream was in the making.

They already backtracked, downscaled, and made the whole thing free again.

Ah okay, didnt know that.

Just some recent news and updates from the guy.

1 Like

So DS still follows INovae’s development, interesting :slight_smile:

It’s a shame however he didn’t put up a fair comparison of Battlescape vs SC: CIG is far more ambitious for its game, for good or ill.

1 Like

CIG also has 550 times our development budget, just saying, it better be more ambitious :wink:

7 Likes

More news from the guy.

Sept 21st, 2018 - CRYTEK RESPONDS TO CIG MOTION TO DISMISS THE SAC

FILING

DS COVERAGE

1 Like

nothing of value was lost.the ship design in star citizens is so unoriginal and overplayed.

1 Like

Star Citizen’s face over IP feature is expected to enter public testing.

Star Citizen: Squadron 42 receives a new trailer - OC3D

I cannot believe people still buy into this rubbish…what ever this is now. I think the game engine looks tired and somewhat out of date.

Almost no bad comments on the YT video, odd that.

Notice the '‘Prometheus’ entering the atmosphere of LV-226 shot they sort of copied in the trailer above.

2 Likes

The guy, you know ‘the guy’, writes about the citizenscam event. https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/1050072922788904973

He also mentions “I am waiting for the fallout from tomorrows court battle before updating and publishing my next article which covers ShitizenCon 2018, the latest financials, as well as the court battle.”

2 Likes

Nevermind that the FPS AI is shit and doesn’t work lol, I don’t know if this was chris’s doing or the audio team having fun but here you can clearly hear Chris Robert saying “Damn it” as one of the audio cues of the NPCs

1 Like

based on the latest trailer, saying… “I cannot believe people still buy into this rubbish…what ever this is now.”

“rubbish”, seriously?
The style reminds me of the current “Prey” game and indeed it doesnt look that shiny compared to current engines or games, but if you call these visuals rubbish I’d quote that for 90% of all current games … including some nice game we all backed here ;-). Sure there are AAA titles looking better, but…
Honestly, I in terms of SQ42 am glad I didnt see some highly polished kind of stuff but something I can believe it might really look like in the end. At least curious to try 3.3 as soon as it gets out of the PTU to see how it plays (looks like the finally got OCS fully into 3.3 according to some reports… whatever this means in the end). The outcome of CC is fine with me. No highlights, but also nothing new to worry about too (besides that I wouldnt throw more money into it due to the current presentations if I already backed). Leaning back, looking at the project once again in a few months to see what happened… all ok and business as usual :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Angry Joe impromptu interview that Brian Chambers.

Comments from DS:
http://www.dereksmart.com/forum/index.php?topic=135.msg10040#msg10040

Citcon Lowlights

3 Likes

Something to lighten the mood perhaps?

1 Like

Nice interview there.

I’m not quite convinced with the insurance / rental. Although I like the concept, I’m skeptical with the intent: it might get into heavy grinding.
Guess we’ll see that in the future.

As for people having heavily invested real money, I’m also still unconvinced with the “different objective” argument. With the same player’s objective of, say, a bounty hunter, we still don’t know how long will it take between starting with the basic garbage can, and getting the real ship hunter bought for 100$ (or more).

3 Likes

Two of the more interesting panels at the convention.

CLOUDS! Is there any potential for this kind of method in I:B?

Facial Animation Tech

Ivo Herzeg has done some impressive work on the engine.

3 Likes