keep in mind that as certain blockers have continued to block, 3.0’s scale has expanded. originally 3.0 wasn’t going to have mining mechanics for example, but with the extra time the netcode guys have taken there’s been room for more progress elsewhere like in the number of ships, planets etc. So when you see all those schedules neatly ending in june it’s with a bunch of extra things.
I’m more than happy to take delays over slipping quality.
It appears that we have lost the I:B thread on the SC ‘Other Games’ forum. And there does not appear to be a new ‘other games’ section of the new thing they call a forum. One less place to repost the weekly updates.
Can you access the old other games section. I cannot, even when logged in I keep getting the hello stranger message.
I posted in the spectrum feedback thread asking for a new spectrum Other Games section, and access to the old other games section for a while at least. And also access to the old forums PM messages.
For some reason the “Other” group of forums were only visible to people logged in. So it’s technically there, it’s just invisible because it doesn’t detect you as logged in. I’m assuming it’s the same with PMs. I hope they can at least restore the log in access to a read-only version.
Your best option for a new thread is to make one in Off Topic and set the Tag as “Games”.
I had been PM’ing a few CIG devs this last 24 hours asking for access to the other game section. Seems they listened. Thanks for the heads up Matt. Hopefully they will add the same section to spectrum.
There’s a new I:B thread over on SC Spectrum in the ‘Other Games’. So if you don’t mind, pop over log in and give it a vote please. Ta.
So, there was a Star Citizen 2v2 competitive tournament on saturday. My team Toucans managed to nab 2nd place. The game’s buggyness aside, very fun stuff. Vods are on this channel, early on the technical difficulties were pretty bad so maybe skip the first 40 mins or so.
I’m attempting to pay attention recently to where it’s at in development, but it seems like they’re still several years away from a finished product. Do you know if they ever fixed the “thing” that was the Retaliator? When they released it, it was very much just an FPS map with little actual logical layout, to include being woefully under-weaponized for its size and crew requirements.
Honestly never paid attention to the retaliator. i just remember them switching it to an internal module system so it could swap its torpedo bays out for things.
From what i understand it is supposed to be a dedicated torpedo boat with extremely strong anti capital capability so it’s lack of strong turrets and guns somewhat make sense, but i dont know all the specifics about it.
Well, I finally went ahead and got a full refund from CIG. It’s done now and my account has been closed. A little sad I have to say. But I can always just buy the game and DLC updates as and when and if the game ever releases in full.
Good news though is all my threads and posts still remain though on the forum.
So I’d like to ask if someone here with a SC spectrum forum account would kindly consider continuing to re-post the weekly I:B newsletter updates over there please. So all the citizens can keep up with I:B development. I know people like Dave Haddock the lead SC writer reads them each week. And I’ve done all 70 of them spread across the old forums onto the new spectrum forum
Preferably in the format I used, but just a link will also do. The full newsletter with images just looks better. It’s really quite easy to do quickly with the new forums tools.
You did a fine job relaying I:B’s devs update, my good sir
I’m curious however on why you decided to get a refund ? After all, I:B does also have some delay, although not of the same magnitude and quite more understandable given the small team / low budget ^^
Yes I’ll still continue to update the ED forums and the Linus Tech tips and other forums.
I might re-buy one cheap full SC game package to just keep a foot in the door so to speak a little later this year, and leave it at that. Then see if the game releases sometime in the years to come. My refunded account was a little excessive with ship purchases during 2013-2015, and CIG would not offer a partial refund. Only a full refund and account closure.
So I’ll pick up the I:B updates again on the SC forum maybe a little later this year.
The SC spectrum forum I:B thread has not done so well with views since moving over from the old forums. I think we’ve actually had the best time out of the SC forum and citizens back at the time of the kickstarter and CR’s article post about I:B and then the year following. The ED forum seems to do well though still.
I would imagine this is presented as a further barrier to actually going ahead with the refund. “Do this and look at all this stuff you lose access to! Rebuy and you won’t get this anymore!”
If Star Citizen and SQ42 ever release in full and reviews are positive, then I’ll buy a copy of the full game. And DLC updates if they massively expand the first release.
Will just wait see what happens now in the years to come.