Roberts Space Industries - Star Citizen

I could, but I don’t intend wasting my time playing a subpar FPS multiplayer arena game without sense.

you didn’t try, how you know ?

You have a really big problem guys. you like to attack a game you don’t play, and it bothers you to hear other people enjoy it.

edit : you answered in 3 minutes, implying you didn’t watch the let’s play. You don’t want to see you’re wrong or what ?

1 Like

ok
you enjoy that mess.
you are easy to enjoy.
so you tell is on par or better that the dozens of multiplayer FPS out there?
I don’t think so.
if I want to play an FPS I play a good one.

Sorry, I didn’t answer immediately, I was playing Star Citizen :slight_smile:

I just don’t care you don’t play StarMarine. In fact, I just don’t know why you’re talking.

Nobody cares,

But if you didn’t try it, let the ones who tested it talk, don’t judge what you didn’t experience.

Your posts are useless. You didn’t try it and you talk. Definition of a jerk.

Don’t lie. That was never going to happen.

He asked you if it is any better than other multiplayer FPS games. Surely that’s a question you can answer given you’ve apparently experienced it.

Let us not get into that game again or this thread will end up getting locked.

2 Likes

He didn’t asked. He answered himself :slight_smile:

so you tell is on par or better that the dozens of multiplayer FPS out there?
I don’t think so.

You agree with the fact that somebody tell me I am “only here to spread the word of CR the messiah”, and you agree with the fact that somebody that never experienced a thing say about this thing that it is a total mess ? And then you ask me to calm down because I defend myself from such stupid behaviors ? Why don’t you say anything when you read attacks like the one I quoted ? And I just say something obvious. If you criticize something you didn’t try, and you think you are right, you’re a jerk. You have to be so stupid to think that there is nothing wrong to act like this.

And it would be pretty unfair to compare the first release of a FPS module of an alpha of a game with a completely released game that focuses only on FPS. Of course it is not as complete as BF for example, but it is actually really good. The change of sound environment, the change between zero-g areas and their opposite, it’s pretty cool. I cannot wait to see the depressurization - when you break the windows- implemented. It is going to be so cool.

Did you try it ?

Did you watched some let’s play now that the main issues has been corrected ?

He asked and answered, but you didn’t provide a counter, you just called him a jerk.

All your doing is either baiting or getting frustrated for no good reason. You could just not respond instead. Which is what I’ve been doing for periods of dumb shit that has occurred in this thread that I just don’t have the time or energy for.

Getting angry/wound up is self-defeating.

(This is the third time I’ve shared this video today :|)

2 Likes

I have good reasons of being angry and frustrated. Angry, because I just said I enjoyed the 2.6 and I’ve been attacked on this. Frustrated, because you ask me to answer to questions and don’t answers to mines.

@govny You are not contributing positively to the discussion.
There are many differing opinions held regarding Star Citizen and everyone is entitled to express their’s. You have done so and in response @kamui has suggested you try the new update or at least watch a video. If you would like to engage in reasoned debate that’s fine, but simply repeatedly slagging SC off clearly isn’t achieving anything other than aggravation.

@kamui, it appears to be that you are in a minority with your opinion here, but you are welcome to it and I hope you appreciate that the majority of the I-Novae community are welcoming of differing opinions.
When you encounter someone unwilling to debate, only argue, there is little to be gained by engaging with them.

Please let’s all do our best to keep this place an open and friendly forum.

8 Likes

In some attempt to get the train back on track i’ll do a bit of a review of SM and hopefully we can talk about that. Star marine’s gameplay as it is now is fairly simple, 4 guns a sidearm and a grenade and 2 armor types are implemented, you go around capturing points by hacking computers during which you’re vulnerable to being shot in the back, caps happen faster the worse your team is doing. You can stop bleeding/heal fully using medkits you can replenish around the map. If we’re going to make comparisons to other shooters in general it’s not very like call of duty or battlefield, but more like the old rainbow six games or the neotokyo mod mainly for the focus on tight corridor gameplay and relatively slow movement speed.

The main place it diverges from other shooters with similar mechanics are it’s zero g areas. In zero g you lack a stable firing platform reflected by significant inertia on your aiming abilities but gain far more angles to ambush from and options to evade and try to beat people’s tracking speed. You can move very fast under EVA boost. its quite fun and reminds me a bit of shattered horizon through for the following reason it’s a bit different.

The game heavily rewards concentrated fire, spraying at enemies while your bullets dent all the different bits of their armor won’t get you anywhere, you need to pick one spot and make sure all your bullets land there to get a kill. The effects of leg and arm damage aren’t implemented yet either which means shooting arms and legs is mainly a damage sink right now. Depending on how precise you are enemies will fall in 2 bullets or 48, something that leads to an initial feeling of long time to kill but later leads to a feeling of counter strike like precision being rewarded, crosshair positioning matters quite a bit.

The game provides a fairly long range radar that shows you any nearby enemies that are making noise, this includes sprinting and shooting. I think it’s a bit too long, the game needs suppressors and more options with this radar but i do like how it encourages being careful and working with teamates. The UI is missing a few elements like grenade and medkit counts. It could use more features in general, shields and stealth options are an obvious direction to go in. Some mines or c4 would be nice for the typical battlefield usage in addition to blowing up ships in the PU. The charge sniper is interesting but very poor for close range which most of the game takes place in especially considering the view shake upon taking damage, it’s good for catching people on EVA by surprise though. The shotgun i haven’t had much luck with put people have put it to good use against me so it’s what it is.

It feels fairly janky when running up against corners or watching people run into walls with lip on them(example in the sm video i posted earlier at 3:30) as the animations tend to spazz out a bit, vaulting and mantling is a bit unreliable as well. When that isn’t happening there’s the occasional issue where your gun will be forced holstered or a medkit you use doesn’t register. Right now the game doesn’t let you lean when not right up against cover which is definetly something that should be allowed anywhere. Otherwise animations feel good as does catching someone in the head with a well placed burst.

Overall its a fun game, it doesn’t stand up completely alone yet but it’s competent and the main issues being lack of weapons/features with some jank certainly leaves a clear direction for improvement.

5 Likes

Isn’t it weird that the avatar moves the weapon out of sight while running? I find that quite distracting when watching the videos.

A lot of fps put the gun down while sprinting, i think the reason its completely out of sight is the usual way to do it doesnt work without using a special first person viewmodel and they wanted to avoid faking first person animations.

One thing i forgot to mention is the fov, it’s low and there currently isnt any option to raise it.

That in itself makes it a no starter for me. We were told right from the beginning that this isn’t a console port, a game built on PC for PC.

And then they don’t give you way to adjust the FOV?

What next? Mouse acceleration?

I just gave it a try and i think its fun, but there is still a lot to do. I would call myself pretty experienced in FPS, but Star Marine let me feel like a noob… need more practice there :]

1 Like

How so? Other than 6DOF what about it made you feel like a noob?

It feels different in the handling or so. Hard to describe in english…
I also have to say that it felt like everybody playing with me were noobs throu

one thing of a few is that when hipfiring the game doesnt just magic bullets out of your camera center screen, the gun you see is where the bullets are spawned which especially when your right in someone’s face can really throw off an FPS veteran as your crosshair will seem to jump around.

oh … My … GOD … How could I miss this drama gold 4 days ago?

What interests me most (given that this is the hot topic right now): Which game does the space-egoshooting best?

  • Star Marine
  • CoD: Infinite Warfare
  • Shattered Horizons
  • Space Engineer

If someone who played multiple entries in that list could make a comparison between the titles?

On a sidenote: Bad form @FBS, referencing a post from months ago just underneath a different post by the same person (actually answering/reacting to any post from months ago in any way in an otherwise active thread is bad form). We all moved on from that thing and you didn’t bring anything new to that particular discussion, which makes me wonder if all you were interested in was dissing kamui for saying something that ruffled your jimmies. Props for actually reading through this thread though.

@kamui: meh, title of the video is french. Doubt that this video will be of use to most people (which wouldn’t be surprising, seeing how this is a english forum)… You don’t see other people throwing around non-english videos expecting people to understand the contents in it. That’s bad form.

This topic is a sandbox filled with people acting like children with small plastic showels throwing sand in each others eyes.
You started it!
No, you did!
But you said!
No I didn’t!
Yes, you did!
And on and on and on…

I shared it because of the gameplay session. You don’t need to understand french for that.