Roberts Space Industries - Star Citizen

yeah, even for my laptop this update has been an incrediblay good surprise. I was hardly running the 2.5 on it, and the 2.6 is running smoothly with good graphics. The new UI is so beautiful, and even the board of my Aurora looks really great now.

I’m really amazed by this PU update. They only focused on Star Marine on the comm’, and now you discover a very important PU update, an engine upgrade (every modifications made on Cry Engine 3 is already ported in Lumberyard (based on CE 5), it’s pretty amazing…

please, never get to work for the mining industry, you will be fired at day 1

As for SC, they are trying to get too many things done at once, that’s not good development
i lost my patience a year ago and i’ll just wait for the release, if that ever happens.
I won’t ask for a refund, it wasn’t that much anyway, and i got to play a little, i see it as a paid lesson, that helped me to not buy NMS expecting the same issues as SC, and hell i was right.

what does that mean ?

He’s just saying SC is bad and you wouldnt be a good miner(maybe his profession? who knows) for not agreeing with him but lets not start this up again.

NMS had zero development transparancy except for them continuously saying massive features were ingame that weren’t. Like oh i dont know, multiplayer. SC’s modes all work in multiplayer and we’ve had access to their entire process.

3 Likes

@mattk50 never let fanboyism take over your statements, or as people say it on the internets, never go full retard

@kamui was just pointing out your arguments about the client always being right, and not apreciating the documented agreements between the developer and the client, do that on the mining industry and you will be issued for several hundred dollars, if not millions

“your arguments” … I was pointing out my experience on the 2.6, that I was playing at the exact moment I wrote my message. I never talked about a client always being right.

And I got it, you work on the mining industry, you wanted me to know it, it’s done. If you don’t like the alpha of Star Citizen, at its current state, tell us why, but stop trying to give lessons to others, especially when you have so stupid argumentations, it’s a terrible waste of time.

I bet that you never tried the 2.6, nor the 2.5. Am I wrong ?

3 Likes

@kamui i think you are getting confused, i never stated an argument, i pointed out yours instead, i shared my experience with SC, i still don’t make an argument at all, and as i said i gave up a year ago, even if they fix half the issues we had back then, it’s far from being a good development, untill they change the way they do everything, so no, i didn’t try 2.5 neither 2.6, and i won’t bother with it, i gave it up, i took a risk and lost, maybe it will see the light and i’ll feel like i did a good investment, i hope so, but if they continue this way, i just won’t bother with it, instead of getting mad and frustrated, i’ll just wait and hope for the best for an official release.

I don’t get why you got so mad anyway, seems like i did touch a nerve or something

stop before this becomes a multiple page issue

1 Like

don’t worry, he’s here only to apread the word of CR the new messiah.

1 Like

I still don’t understand the feud about this game. From an outside observer it looks kinda crazy…

For whatever reason I see it as an avocado tree(Maybe that’s why it looks crazy to me). I fucking love avocados. I’ll be damned if they aren’t one of my favorite things to eat whether it’s just straight cut out or in guac or whatever. Turns out I’m not the only ones who love avocados. That’s fine, I love to share avocados with others because they’re just so damn good. Now a new Ag corp comes around saying it can grow a tree that will grow the best god damn avocados we’ve ever had. That’s cool, I’m listening. All they ask is a small sum to help kickstart the development since it requires a lot of hybridizing and crossbreeding of avocados. That’s cool too because once they grow the first tree, they can hand out the avocados and everyone can grow there own. They get enough money to start growing the tree. It grows a bit, sometimes you have to trim some branches because trees don’t always grow where you think they will but it still grows. The ag corp starts playing classical for it because the tree likes that. That’s okay, the tree continues growing slowly but surely.

The tree is taking a bit longer to grow than the ag corp thought, but it was a new type of avocado tree and it’s not entirely unexpected that it may take longer than normal to grow. But, some people are arguing that they spent money and they want their avocado already. “Okay but the tree isn’t grown yet” says the ag corp. Well that really pisses people off. We gave them money how dare the tree not grow faster. It’s a tree. The tree doesn’t care, but now it’s being threatened at yelled at instead of listening to classical music and the tree is sad. It misses its classical music. Maybe this helps, maybe it doesn’t.

However, now the avocado community is split between the people who want there avocado now, the people who praise the avocado(where the ag corp has let out sample tasters from the few avo’s it has produced), and people who say they tried the avocado but it gave them digestive issues. It turns out the avocado isn’t for everyone. Instead of going on their merry way and maybe switching back to apples or standard avocados, they continue to criticize the new avocado and its supporters. That’s the part that gets me, even after(from what I’ve read) the ag corp allows you to sell the avocados you’ve bought from them to others to get your money back, please are still very unhappy with the ag corp. “The tree is growing slower than we thought.” the ag corp says but those critical of the avocado still get mad, and people still defend the avocado.

Now what could possibly motivate people to get so worked up over an avocado tree. Yes they love avocados. We all love avocados. We wouldn’t have paid the ag corp to create the tree if we didn’t all love them - but why are we fighting amongst ourselves over why you may or may not like a certain avocado. It seems like a waste of time, blood pressure, and stress to me, but like I said I don’t get it. I fucking love avocados, but not enough to go to blows with someone over whether a hass is better than a gwen or whatever. It’s just an avocado.

I really just wanted to talk about avocados because they are out of season right now and I’m craving some guac.

You can correct me where I’m wrong if you want, but please stick to the avocado metaphor. This thread could use some levity and maybe avocados can bring it. We’re all avocado lovers here - you may disagree on which type of avocado is the best, but that’s okay. At least avocados are bringing us together. Be nice about it.

I’m not so much vested in SC as I am in avocados. I did buy it the other day and shot a few spaceships for an hour and I was just happy I could yaw faster than an old rusted schoolbus that lost its power steering.

4 Likes

I posted nothing in this topic during a month. I come today just to say I liked what I experienced in the 2.6, and then I read this

please, never get to work for the mining industry, you will be fired at day 1

on a post I made maybe two months ago. I don’t understand the link between my today’s post and this. And then…

Seriously, I just said I liked what I experienced on the 2.6… is it a problem ?

What I feel when I try to discuss here, I never felt this on any place on Internet in my entire life. I don’t want to associate this with INovae and the project, but it’s pretty difficult to imagine I am going to like playing with you guys on I:B. I feel like I am not welcome here, just because I am enthusiast about Star Citizen…

I’m not interested on a multipage issue as something suggested it. Please just consider that some people can have different expectations. I don’t force you to like SC, but I like to share my enthusiasm on it, on this topic, with other enthusiasts, without suffering such attacks.

3 Likes

I am just bitter that they sell pictures of avocado pieces for money that successfully. Meanwhile we are at this amazing small avocado company that has some real cool avocado technology and they barely made their avocado kickstarter goal.
I think people are peeved because they smell that this new avocado company’s avocado is rotten to the core and avocado lovers keep blindly defending it and hyping it. Their business practices just smell like an avocado scam, but that is just my opinion. We have to wait a few more years to see if they are actually able to produce an avocado. It’s no use to argue about it.

6 Likes

Anyone already did a FPS measure between 2.5 and 2.6? I’d really like to know if 2.6 only “feels” better or if there is really a measurable performance gain with the new client.

The problem is that they promised an avocado tree but they started with an apple tree and grafted a avocado branch to it.

And now everyone seems excited that the apple tree is finally starting to grow apples while the avocados are still underdeveloped.

5 Likes

Seriously, fuck this thread…

5 Likes

:laughing::joy::smile::clap::+1:
…can someone direct me to Mango thread ? … i really like mangos :smiley:

2 Likes

This thread was so close to become ontopic and worth reading again :unamused:

Browncoat - ‘And I DO kiss’em on the mouth’

3 Likes

To improve this thread it’s not difficult : those who can but didn’t play the 2.5 nor the 2.6 => stop talking of something you don’t know.

And stop trying to kill this thread, no one forces you to read it.

AlphaCast made a video of StarMarine : interesting =>

1 Like