nobody knows, not even developers of the game.
anyway, what does it means “rhetor-hero”?
The current status of what we can play is a baby universe with missions, space/on foot exploration, buying clothes/guns with in-game earned stuff, first person combat, and a cops and robbers style setup where players gain either a criminal or a defender reputation and fight eachother for control of the security post and comm arrays in space and on foot. mid size multi crew ships are implemented and functioning with multiple crew stations. There’s also standard deathmatch and racing game modes.
as for future release dates, as govny said not even the devs likely have solid dates but in the near future star marine is supposed to be releasing and 3.0 with planet landing sometime early next year seems likely.
I am so glad that I have no strong feelings about SC.
I guess i just hope to play a nice Wing Commander again.
The time the Tigers Claw exploded before my eyes is one of my best play/story experiences.
rhetor=an expert at communicating
rhetor-hero is someone that saves the day with their words!
@mattk50
well it seems like progress keeps being made, which is the important part
found it in a funny but relevant video
Can’t stop laughing at “I was going to buy you an Aurora Starter package !” xD
Especially because the video tries to ridicule DS by claiming that he is talking bullshit by blasting the Gamescom demo.
Lets look at some facts:
From the video “all of Stanton will be playable in patch 3.0 resealse estimated somewhere around 19th December 2016”
Reality: More like 19th July 2017, maybe. Patch 2.6 will probably not even be out by December 19th, maybe with most of its features cut.
From the video “It will also feature NPC’s that can give you missions through video messeges, cargo hauling, trading with NPC’s and other players”
Reality: The video messages are probably pre-rendered, and are entirely scripted. Cargo hauling and trading is meaningless in a game with a dozen players on one server max and no continuous background simulation yet (if ever).
The netcode is still a horrible mess and there is no fix in sight. Maybe they should scrap the entire multiplayer aspect and focus on creating a single player game. Who thought it would be a good idea to try to include thousands of interactable physical objects into the game, thousands of animations that need to be synced etc… Their claims to offer battles with hundreds of players simultaneously in the finished game seems laughable right now.
The “game” still seems to be a fragmented mess of cobbled-together demos, their only purpose is generating “ship” sales (jpegs).
Why did they even create these stupid demos with the racing track and the curated planet station? They serve no practical purpose in making the final game. It was just made to please angry backers that complained about the lack of progress.
All the other ridiculous visions for the game, for example “farming”. Dude, finish the basics of that abomination first, then you can talk about freaking farming.
@mattk50 So what ?
Are you trying to help me ? 
Looks like reality is made with a lot of “maybe…more like…probably” <= THAT IS FACTS ! YEAH !
And where does the sentence quoted come from ?
and what ? No fix and no optimization in an alpha ? And also, when did you play this game for the last time OR, like Derek Smart that never downloaded and installed the game, did you ever play at Star Citizen 2.5 ? For an alpha, it’s already quite good, and a lot more stable than you probably think
These were direct quotes from your video…
Are you telling me that 3.0 is going to release this December?
I am not going to make absolute statements for things I can only guess. Not even the SC devs can give a final date for the 3.0 release but you expect me to?
“No fix and no optimization” is a far cry from not functional at all but wip for several years. The netcode has already been rewritten now how many times? Was it 3?
Oh I’m sorry, I didn’t know that ‘knowing all future events with 100% certainty’ was a requirement to discussing Star Citizen here. I’ll be sure to keep that in mind going forward.
But yes, it would have been nice to know some context around red’s earlier quote and who was saying it.
FTFY
Apparently quotes don’t count towards the character limit
So I re-ask you : where do your facts come from ? Where does the quoted sentence come from ?
Again just don’t claim you’re talking about facts and reality when everything you’ve got is probabilities and personal thoughs…
The video is pretry funny and I found that the content was relevant, as an answer to the previous poster request
So, dont preach about “content quality” if you think posting one of the hundred adolf hitler derek smart edits is a good idea. That you even need a reply to clarify this is surprising.
?? As I said before, these are direct quotes from the last video you posted and to which my remarks referred to. Do I have to repeat everything twice? Again, your “funny” and “relevant” video criticizes DS for his opionion on the gamescon demo. Criticism that has already been proven to be valid - just look at the bullshit December 19th 3.0 release date.
This discussion does not look like it’s progressing at all.
Everyone is free to post whatever they like so long as it is within the rules and on-topic.
Everyone else is free to disagree, not believe, or hold any opinion they like about the content of the post.
The fact is that there is a lot of uncertainty about SC. @kamui is clearly quite optimistic about it, others are less so.
I am not suggesting you stop the discussion: I’m suggesting that you refocus the discussion from the relevance and validity of each-others posts, to your opinions about SC and the state of it’s development.
You are not required to cite sources etc but it is helpful. Equally when stating something that is purely speculation it can be a good idea to state as much in order to keep things clear and civil.

is this relevant?
I pointed the systematic copy/paste of DS thoughts on frontier’s forum in this topic and the bad quality of the last post of Johnny, where he quotes somebody that quotes The agent (without any source) saying only speculative things like if it was objective reality. I have nothing against others, I’m just not sharing their skepticism on CR and SC, and I personally have a huge problem with skepticism in general. I just ask to not transform this topic in a DS blogpost, ant to make an effort, sorting what they share. I don’t share a lot of positive reviews on SC because their args against detractors are not good.
@mattk50 this one is of pretty good quality and sums up quite well my point of view on this debate. I just ask you to give counter-arguments of quality, instead of copy/paste the crap delivered by DS. How could we discuss if your args are “the reality is that this game will never been delivered” ? I make huge efforts not to say that what I think is what is going to happen. I’m quite optimistic and I don’t search to be the guy who was right, I just try to be exact, precise.
The truth is that, for the moment, nobody can proves that the game dev is going to fail, neither that the game is going to be delivered. To me, it is quite obvious that the game is going to be released without the entirety of what was promised on stretch goals.
Even with a 1.0 release with only 50% of all of what was promised, I would be really glad because I like the approach, to try to do the best you can imagine, especially where everybody says it is impossible. CR is like that, and I like this state of mind. As he usually said, he comes to his employees and say “we’re going to add this”. everybody laughs, saying it is impossible, and then they see he was serious. After a hard period, they come with a poc on what was supposed to be impossible.
I worked with somebody exactly like that, from the Silicon Valley. He was always proposing enormous things for quite small and basic projects
I was like “are you serious ?”, and him “yep” and me “that’s possible but…” and him “ok cool, let’s do it”. This way, for a small company, where they wanted to change technologies without changing their old terminal interfaces (not to disturb the old employees lol), we created an entire web-IDE (with an emulator, a debugger with step-by-step breakpoints, watchpoints, etc) in a Client-server architecture in Java-Javascript, I created a Java API for matrix printers, rewrote a Google API called Lanterna, and a lot of other things in just one year… it was awesome because there was no more limits that most of people have instinctively.
All of this to say that I think you guys don’t see the difference between a guy like CR and a guy like Sean Murray. A good example to demonstrate that CR is like that is the 1st/3rd person view that is not simulated in Star Citizen. When announced, everybody laughed. Now it is a reality.
@Playbenni the delay doesn’t disqualify all the work of CIG on 3.0. All you said is speculative and your opinion, nothing more. what is said in this funny video cannot be imputed to CIG. CIG never talked about a 19th December release. CR said in stage at Gamescom something like that (not perfectly exact perhaps, I don’t remember how he said it exactly, but in content this is the same) “I shouldn’t say that, because you know, promises, I always get shot on them when they are delayed, but 3.0 should be available at the end of the year, but hopefully not on 25th December” (referring on the delay of last year that occurred for the 2.x release)
Except it doesn’t look like they’ll even launch 2.6 with the improved netcode by the time they were supposed to have shipped 3.0
The consistent problem I have seen with CR is that his focus is more often on selling the new shiny rather than focusing on getting what is already needed over the line. He is a creative lead, not a project manager, and yet decisions about team management and what to go live with seem to go through him. And if 2.6 is proving to be so difficult, how can there be any guarantee that 3.0 will be close to the promises given in demo?
I’m not suggesting to not push boundaries (and typically that’s easier with smaller teams on smaller projects rather than something like CIG and SC), but being a responsible company and doing right by the people that back you should really come first. But all I see is the Molyneux complex coming through.
Effectively, CR has a very particular way to handle his team, it might be quite difficult to work with him, and a lot of errors has been made before he gives to his brother this role. He said it himself.
About 2.6, it’s always about delay, that is again a big underestimation of the remaining tasks, but you can be sure that when it will be released, the quality will be there, now that they begin to have solid foundations.
We already have this discussion, and I disagree about the Molyneux comparison.
I already posted it here (if I remember well), but I post it again : the best article I’ve seen on the history of project and the company troubles.
The problem is that you can’t run a company forever like this. They are generating a large part of their revenue by selling “ships”. They already have a large number of ships and concepts, how do they plan to keep the cash flowing once the game releases and the market is saturated with their game? They have to continue selling ingame items or have a monthly fee. I find both options to not be desireable, but I can see myself paying a subscription should the final game be good. I don’t want to play a pay to win game, if that is the case I will not even buy it.
They continue to miss their dates and constantly underdeliver content wise. Furhermore they have mayor blockers like the state of the netcode for years with no real end in sight. This project is a mess from start to maybe never finish, they are lucky that people project their dreams on this game and are willing to buy game item “insurance” for hundreds and sometimes thousands of dollars. Just imagine what will happen once they release the first final version of the game, people are going to explode. No Mans Sky was a disaster, lets think about all the things CR envisioned. He has to seriously deliver or else he will gets death threaths from fanboys. I saw a SC subreddit post some time ago where the fanboys took a quote and understood that there will be battles with thousands of players silmultaneously. I tried to reason with them that this is highly unlikely given the current state of networking technology and infrastructure. They called me names and continued to bath in their ignorance.