I don’t think people should be posting 5 times in a row just to link to other things without any commentary whatsoever. If you have something to say about something your posting, sure, but otherwise why bother? Does anyone actually watch each and every one of those SC videos?
Between this and the “shared to everywhere thats not here” posts jonny has a lot of posts with zero content and eventually it starts getting too obnoxious not to comment on when your getting quintuplet posts.
To be fair, Johnny posts both positive and negative news and information related to the project. He also does this for I-Novae and Infinity: Battlescape on other forums.
I personally find it useful when wanting to “stay on top of” the news surrounding various projects. Perhaps the frequency is a bit high, but then there’s a lot of news. I don’t personally engage in this thread, but do frequent it.
As a suggestion, @JonnyRedHed, Maybe you could try posting a roundup of new stuff each week rather than as-and-when new info shows up? Star Citizen has a lot of churn, and posting every day pads this thread out a little more than it needs.
It doesn’t bother me to see negative reviews on SC. But I think the quality of what we share to each other is important. Some posts of JonnyRedHed, like his last, are not what I call “stay on top of” the news.
According to RSI, Derek Smart never downloaded Star Citizen. It gives him a very little credibility to talk about the game…
♪ one of those scenes is not like the others ♫
And a graphics comparison? Really?
(I’m not saying LOD isn’t a steaming pile of excrement, but using graphics to say if a game is better or worse is lazy and disingenuous.)
I think the point is more that DS has been failing to make a similar game to the one Chris Roberts wants to end up with. He might be a twit, but he’s a twit who knows where he’s gone disastrously wrong in the past and the potential challenges CIG face (but then doesn’t admit that publicly, because of the part about him being a twit).
The hard part with all of that drama is picking out the real concerns he has first-hand experience with from him just being a twit, because there’s an awful lot of the latter that gets in the way.
Thank you, my last video was posted to prove that the quality of what we share to each other is important.
Of course this video is irrelevant, that was my point and I’m glad that it worked to prove what you didn’t want to agree with when we were talking about Jonny’s posts…
@Naiba you didn’t react to the general quality of Jonny’s posts, but there you react on the first bad video I post…
I watched this video long time ago, and I didn’t share it because it was not something relevant. Try to do the same please.
What is the relevance of that post ? The quality of a post directly depends of the relevance of its content. But because it’s a post against Star Citizen, you didn’t matter. That is not fair.
You say the DS drama is entirely meaningless. I say the DS drama is only mostly meaningless.
Posting deliberately irrelevant and incendiary information just to turn around and say ‘that’s how dumb you sound.’ (again) isn’t going to change that opinion.
When SC zealots stop turning the comment sections of every gaming news article that covers it (good or bad) into a venemous cesspit we can talk about fair.
Given the amount of hype piled onto this game, it is only fair that it also be countered with a decent amount of scepticism. But alas, you’d rather that we all stick to the one true way and only heap praise on a game that has spent the past 3+ years progressing rather slowly towards an end goal that’s nowhere in sight.
I’m sorry, but there’s no need for us to brown-nose CR until he shows us something truly amazing, and until then, the drama and the scepticism are just as valid as the propaganda (aka “official updates”)
I don’t think it makes sense for us to try to compensate for venomous shitposting through being “unfair” in whatever way kamui meant it.
Dsmart says a lot of things, so many things that at some point a part of his ramblings will be worth discussing. I dont mind that discussion being here but the key word is discussion, why post it here if there’s nothing to say about it. I could have an argument about how dsmart’s latest spew is wrong but i have no interest in following his blog point by point, if someone else doesnt have a specific comment there’s nothing to talk about. Same goes for CiG brown nosing and the SC video spam, quite frankly the amount of SC videos they put out are obnoxious, sometimes they showcase fancy new features or ships and its nice to see those picked out but most of it is dreary development stuff and talking about talking. We really dont need them all here.
Precisely. There is a handy Subscribe button on youtube that lets people see those new videos on their own feed. It’s only when we want to talk about a particular point then it can be posted here.
Lord of Light! Come to us in our darkness. We offer you these false gods. Take them and cast your light upon us. For the space is dark and full of terrors.
Ah man, lots of hate in this thread. Can some rhetor-hero provide a status update for the layman of (a) what star citizen’s development status is and how much longer it has to go and (b) when will it be released and what its most probable final output state will most likely be like?