According to gamestar.de it the stream will start at 21:00 local time, which is in almost exactly 2 hours…
Link is the one @selbie posted…
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/gamescom
Fingers crossed for some interesting new about planets…
According to gamestar.de it the stream will start at 21:00 local time, which is in almost exactly 2 hours…
Link is the one @selbie posted…
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/gamescom
Fingers crossed for some interesting new about planets…
my link is good too it’s the direct link for the Twitch live presentation.
so what do you think? 
Any good synopses of it? I much prefer reading to watching, when it comes to announcement streams.
a 30-45 minutes of gameplay of Star Citizen alpha 3.0 and it was …
AAAAAAAAAWWWWWWEEEEESSOOOOOOOMMMMMMEEE !!
Chris Roberts hopes it could be released at the end of the year, but he doesn’t want to promise it
Where Does he come from btw ? His accent is strong, it’s sometimes difficult to me to understand him…
Pretty impressive demonstration of the 3.0 Module (originally 2.7). I liked approaching the planet/moon, surface flight and the leaving later on, and seeing the same scene from different perspectives synchronized (in the station, from outside the ship, etc). Asuming this was real gameplay the changes to the CE seem to get together. Space to planet and ship inside to outside looks pretty seamless. No loading screens or -scenes. Very nice. Also the artwork of NPCs and the station while doing that mission was nice. Will have to review the stream again tomorrow (was a bit in a hurry that evening).
The nexts months are gonna be interesting when he does present 3.0 again at Citizen Con in October, and to see how it is coming along with its reworked stuff in the second iteration of 3.0 as mentioned. Because the presentation also showed up a lot of work (bugs and design issues, performance-optimizations) that is to be done while the overall content is continously increasing. But looking forward for a 3.0 release that year when we can get our hands on it and check for ourselfs - fingers-crossed that this really happens this year as mentioned - . But at least there is a pretty good visible progress, they showed no CGI marketing stuff (except the stream loop before the scene started
), but scenes that might be playable once 3.0 is released, so, satisfied with the Gamescom presentation for the moment.
Retrospectively I am glad that there is a good variety of different kind of space games in development, IBS, SC, ES, etc. (excluding NMS
). Good times 
Reviews (German)
I live and have no plans returning as my family is here. And you should find time to visit Kyoto as it is the ancient capital - let us know when you are coming and well be more than happy to show you around.
Time and time again I have seen impressive presentations and time and time again the actual game has been less than impressive after update. CIG are geniuses when it comes to marketing - the ability to make a working engine, less impressive.
I thought that as a tech demo it was very impressive. So many gameplay elements intertwined seamlessly together. The real question is: when will it turn into a game players can actually play for themselves ? The “this is an example of a mission” at the end makes it sound like the entire thing was staged & carefully storyboarded for the presentation, so who knows what the actual game will be like ? Also, technically, I don’t see how it’s going to run half decently ( > 30 fps ) on anything below a GTX 1080. The amount of art and content is totally insane though. Impressed by the art.
Even if it is released in 2020 (I think it will (2019-2020), it’s awesome. You’re well placed to know that best projects need more years than others. it permits to games like FFXV, DayZ, StarCitizen, to exist, and it will probably permit to I:QFE to exist some day. You cannot build every ambitions in 3 years on a permanent “rush mode”.
I also think they assumed the fact tha it’s a totally storyboarded presentation, to hide the plenty of bugs arround gameplay, 3D glitches etc… even like that, this is incredibly impressive (it’s an incredible alpha). This amount of work on tech and art…
The only point I agree with you is that every player will ned a very big config at release, to play it like this… it would be frustrating to play it in bad conditions…
I didn’t understand perfectly what he said about procedurally genertated planet ? Was he saying that it will not be completly procedural ?
I think he meant that artists will define the general areas on a planet, while procedural generation will fill it with landscape. So for example an artist would decide for a mountainous area on a continent and the PG would set up the mountains. I think that makes perfect sense for a game that wants heavily handcrafted spaces. It should also help to avoid “hard edges” at the transitions from artist-designed areas to procedurally generated spaces. I think in the first demonstration of their planetary take-off 8 months ago there was still a noticeable transition between the manually designed zone and the procedural planet surface. This time I didn’t notice anything really. Star Citizen’s goal is something in the range of 100 to 150 star systems, far less than a whole galaxy but a lot of these areas are supposed to be high density.
Here’s the full presentation recording without the shitty streaming artifacts.
I just watched the whole thing. As a relative outsider with not too much knowledge of the drama that’s been surrounding the game…it looks great! I do plan on buying the base game eventually and it seems like this update might be the time to finally invest.
It was nice to watch.
I noticed two things:
Fire clouds on the ship not only while approaching the planet, but also while leaving. Thats strange…
And a sensless airlock…
I hope the amount of ammo needed to kill somebody will be revisited… that was strange
Although appreciated that you comortably linked the stream here, can you unlink it or somehow check if you can disable the autoplay? As it starts playing everytime you visit this thread. THX!!
Edit: THX for editing 
Ok but it doesn’t play it for me 
If you go fast enough Im sure its possible
What I had issues with was the apparent atmosphere shudders on the ship when the moon looked like an airless planet. But thats probably just a matter of leaving off the animation for those types.
It would depend on velocity as you leave. We tend to reenter atmospheres far faster than we leave them, but that could change with a powerful enough/efficient enough system.
Yeah my thought was that it’s a nice tech demo, but how much content will they have like this?
The game is an MMO. It looks like they spent many, many, many weeks on that particular sequence.
It even has hand made video to go around with it.
How many missions can you have with hand made videos?
You just can’t make an MMO that has single player content like that.
Now… if the wreckage was a player’s ship that was left behind, and the crew in there was AI that they hired, and that wreckage was all procedural destruction based on how it was destroyed, then that’s a system they can make a lot more content from. But that’s not what that was.
The polish looked great, and it looked way more fun than Elite: Dangerous, but as talented as the people are working for RSI I sometimes if they do know how to make a real game world instead of what are essentially marketing promo videos.
Oh, and the LOD popping as they moved away from the planet was really obvious and ugly. 