That’s it in a nutshell. He is the opposite of fun. Exactly the opposite of what anything video game is supposed to be.
Playing in different leagues (exact, but kind of awkward translation) / Not even in same ballpark / No comparison / No contest / apples and oranges / …
My feelings :
BS for the best indie space game ever and second best graphics game ever (first is FFXV)
SC the second best AAA game ever (first is FFXV) and best AAA space game ever…
FFXV …
@Keith : If I can do that you’ll probably receive at best $89 million ! I also was going to say that : if IQFE could become a goal, maybe it would have a chance against SC, but I’m not sure, because I don’t know what Inovae is capable of, in terms of gameplay, story, etc…
I still like Infinity more, frankly.
Even with all the SC bells and whistles… What Infinity does that SC and Elite don’t, are the exact things I most want out of a space combat game. I really really really can’t wait to see what Infinity’s full galactic gameplay is like. Star Citizen completely binges on micromanaged eye candy, but the restrictions that puts (initially at least) on the size of the accessible universe, for me, is definitely less fun than starting from the other end: full size universe experience right away and gradually fleshing it out.
The absolute ideal game would have both Infinity and SC’s features, but if I had to pick, it’d be Infinity without regrets. Galactic scale Homeworld with cockpit POV and seamless travel from surface to anywhere in the galaxy. I haven’t felt so excited about playing a space combat game since Freespace II.
We space combat gamers really are completely spoiled right now.
Isn’t the game not even out yet to even test? If I’m wrong correct me, I don’t follow SC much, but isn’t it hard to call anything the best when you haven’t even touched it yet?
There are only some limited pre-Alpha parts playable, like the dogfighting module (Arena Commander). You could however take advantage of the current two free test weeks of the Citizencon promotion. You just have to go here, register and use the promo code CITCONFLIGHT2K15 to download the client. No strings attached, promo runs till October 25th I believe. It doesn’t force you to buy anything and is not asking for payment info. At the very least it would be a way to check if your system could run it and if you have fun with the flight model under development.
Remember, it’s not really a game yet, just some snapshot during the development process.
I said my feelings what’s the problem ? I can’t have feelings about a game ? What is “hype” ?
And I trust in Chris Roberts, because I’ve seen what he was able to give me with Wing Commander (one of my best experiences when I was little). ANd also because we’ve already seen a lot of things about SC.
Nothing wrong with you’re statement. I think though it’s akin to saying StarWars the force awakened is the best in the series based on the previews. It’s a hard call to make no matter the pedigree of the people involved in making it.