[OG] The Old Guard (133 members - Pre KS nominees are listed in 4th post)

Wait… There is an IRC? I must know more.

[edit] quick google search found one… is there more than one?

thank you for the nomination, i accept it :smile:
i am so exited about the KS i cant sit still

I see you made it, it’s a bit quiet lately and it’s a hard crowd, some of those guys have been sitting there for a decade :slight_smile:

I am honoured to accept my nomination. Hello everyone!

1 Like

I don’t always post, but when I do it’s because of the deep admiration I have for this project.

I’m not necessarily asking for an invitation, merely a request that the goal of the group be to act as good ambassadors for the influx of new community members excited about the game.

I’ve seen plenty of heated and sometimes toxic threads since I started following Infinity around 2007, but there has always been a core group of members that have persisted and this is a great way to recognise that :slight_smile:

1 Like

I remember you. Nominated. :slight_smile:

So @selbie, will you join? I’ll assume so, but feel free to correct me later if you didn’t mean that.

This is nearly a bottom-less thread now, so not sure if these people have already been nominated.

All but Lidong had. :smiley: But it seems Lidong does not have an account anymore.

By thw way… I collect the names of all nominees in the 4th post and all members in he 1st post.

Wasn’t there a model posted by him on these forums, huge ship and lots of greeble lidong style :slight_smile:

Can’t tag lidogn, so no account… The ship must have been posted by Freeman.

@Freeman had a whole Chinese Infinity site running IIRC, wonder what happened with that…

Gotta love models appearing in the contributions forum through the great firewall of China.

Yeah!

Freeman always kept us up to date with models from the Chinese site. Those guys should be on here too.

Found the link on some wiki:

Wow I just saw a ton of stuff on there … people doing huds … I love huds :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Count me in as a really long-time lurker :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have some more nominations, these guys have spent at least the last few years on the Infinity IRC channel, many of them are from the old forums.

2 Likes

Great :slight_smile: I will add them into the list of nominees while waiting for their reply. Some of them are already there.

Bloody hell. I’ve been called out on my lurking.

Sure, I accept, why not?

2 Likes

Woo hoo! +1 for all the IRC guys that talked about real cool stuff while the forum folk mumbled about 2d clouds and gushed over water waves.

I nominate myself for posting cool hate threads about armor and shields.
Thank you cybercritic. you still rock after so many years. You also have the best rants.

3 Likes

A few obvious ones not nominated so far:

Betelgeuse
Dyoto
Koshime
Hrundi

Not sure if they have accounts on the new forums though.

3 Likes

Hi all iv only just sined up to the site to make this post. Iv been watching this game this game for well over 3 years, from the day i first saw the the youtube video demonstrating the transition from space to atmosphere. I have been keeping an eye on this site every so often to see if there is any new news, new vids, if they have kicked off the kickstarter and read the forum but iv never felt the need to sine up because iv never felt the need to post any thing. But now i read about this group and i feel i want to be part of that, so im making my first post ever on this forum to show that im here and am a fan of the project.

1 Like

For your greping/perusing convenience, here’s a list of current forum usernames: http://pastebin.com/YyvN2XVZ

2 Likes