[OG] The Old Guard (133 members - Pre KS nominees are listed in 4th post)

Some new nominations:

@The_Sane
@lolsparta4
@Jkinloch
@Ovrki1 (if he wants to join)
@thelazyjaguar
@RawMech
@Infinity6
@chavtheworld

3 Likes

Does ā€œthe guild ofā€ still need to be there as a prefix. Im prepared to fight you in the ICP over this (assuming it will run).

Ah! i didnt even notice you guys didnt nominate sane the first time around, for shame. I’ll also nominate Shooer in case he ever decides to make a new account here.

Can we drop the ā€˜The Guild of’ prefix? We are not a guild.
A guild is a group of people of a particular profession, usually craftsmen of some sort.
It could vaguely apply in some medieval fantasy style MMORPGs where you’re roleplaying a bunch of blacksmiths or something, but it’s frequent use to describe any group of players makes no sense.

If The Old Guard must be described as anything it’s a social club, but can it not just be ā€˜The Old Guard’?

Not necessarily. Let’s hear what others have to say about it. :wink:

Edit: ok let’s drop it :stuck_out_tongue:

So much ninja

1 Like

Oh.

Are you okay? Did something happen? You don’t need to say here but I just want you to know that if you need someone to talk to I’m always willing to lend an ear.

Maybe I’m reading too much into this, but you seem to be getting rather emotional about something you ā€œdon’t care about lmfao,ā€ and since you don’t have a history of pointless trolling that’s usually a sign something bad happened. I mean you almost (definitively) seem to care more about this whatever-this-is than most (all) of the people in it (combined).

On an unrelated subject:

When did ā€œWOW-likeā€ become the kind of offence best given with a passive aggressive smiley? I’d LOVE for Infinity to be WoW-like! Especially the millions of paying customers part.

Yay… I’m not entirely invisible. Assuming the idea survives through to infinity’s maturity this should act as a nice nostalgic throwback to the current community amongst a (hopefully) much larger community. I shall also reserve the right to use it as an epeen boost.

I accept.

7 Likes

Hey, Sane, how are you doing! :smiley:

Shooer or Shooter? Just checking so that I don’t write the wrong name in the list of nominees (4th post)… @mattk50

… no :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hey!

I think this is a nice surprise, somebody still remembers me from those days…

Even if this is my first post in the new web, I still remember Infinity regularly.

So, my name is on the list… count me in!

1 Like

If no one came to the blog don’t you think that would make a difference.
If only leet speakers came here don’t you think Keith would do things differently.
The psychology of our interaction with management has had an effect. Take the discussion on the Kickstarter on the old forums. I still recall (can’t recall his name) as thinking of giving up. We pushed for kickstarter. {ether that or I’m 60% wrong 8/.}

Oh, wow. The time has come for me to awake from my slumber, it seems. I’d like to accept my nomination!

I’ve been here since 2005 and, if I remember correctly, one of the first to register on the original forums. I was 15 at the time and very interested in game/engine development. Never been very active with internet communities, which shows till this day I’m afraid. I still follow the development of the things I-Novae Studios is doing, but not very actively, mainly via Twitter. I hope this will trigger me to become more active, since I have very high hopes for the future KS (which I really can’t wait for, just wondering how much of my savings I’m going to throw at it :P) and I can still feel the excitement I felt almost ten years ago when I think about the possibilities.

I guess I have some catching up to do on these forums. Since I’m not very active, I don’t have any other nominees. I’m very honored though to be included in the initial list, I still feel very connected in some way. Thanks!

Would be nice to have the list include the dates, I’m wondering when the members of The Old Guard joined. :blush:

4 Likes

I’m somewhat surprised I was nominated. Even if I am a pretty old member I never really contributed much on the Infinity Forums. Especially not since the new format at least. :smiley:

2 Likes

So I will add you in then :smiley:

I can confirm this, XPoint was the only other (semi) regular poster who was in the first ten people to register on the old forums.

3 Likes

Hey there, sorry if I haven’t been active on the forums per se, but I have been lurking for a long time
and kept active within the SPO.
I am honored for the nomination and would gladly accept.
I can’t remember when I joined, it must’ve been 2006-ish.

1 Like

I accept the invitation. Please add me in.
Thanks for pointing this out, Arkenbrien!

2 Likes

Sure! I’ll accept,
I don’t post much, but I’ve been checking for updates and news at least once a month since I joined back in 2008, does that make me ā€œoldā€? Well yeah, I guess so.

1 Like

I accept, been following for a notable number of years now afterall

1 Like