[OG] The Old Guard (133 members - Pre KS nominees are listed in 4th post)

True. Certainly discussed a lot about Infinity with him

Hi! Err, I guess I never replied here yet. I gladly join your band of merry men!

You have my axe!

I like to play a support role in MMOs, so hopefully there will be a way to specialize like that in the game. Look forward to charging into the frey together soon.

3 Likes

Same here. Glad to join you friends.

1 Like

Yes, thank you.

Remember the idea I had … the ball one.

##Well: http://lomsor.com/theoldguard/members.html##

Sadly there isn’t really a way to make it interactive on the forum. That’s why I created .mp4s and webms. One of those should look good and provite the full list in ball form non interactively. If someone wants to explore it further, he can click on it (or a link) and get to the interactive site.

I suggest putting the text list in a summary Element, maybe even convert it to a table (scrap that, that doesn’t work anyway):

<details><summary>Title</summary>Content</details>

<!-- Table - Remove the Backslash infront the "`" symbol.  -->
<details><summary>Members</summary>
NAME1
N2   
N4554  
N234
</details>

Like this:

Members NAME N2 N4554 N234

Link to all files: http://lomsor.com/theoldguard/stills/

ā€œStillā€ Videos - Choose the ā€œbestā€:

Screw all that video stuff! Here’s a simple gif,

http://lomsor.com/theoldguard/stills/members-2015-10-18.gif

[ramble]All morning I wasted with tools that promised everyghing and delivered nothing :angry: …
This one pulled me out, thanks @bahrani : http://blog.bahraniapps.com/gifcam/ [/ramble]


I tried to configure everything to fit together (space, colour, responsiveness, readability) as good as I could. If it doesn’t fit, I’m sure I can configure it a little bit better with a little bit of help.

10 Likes

I happen to like it, but one thing that you should probably do for the non-interactive version is slowly rotate the sphere to which the names are mapped. My name keeps passing straight over the center of the shield, but poor Japa, Replop and others are off on the side, and they remain on the side. Make sure the rotation doesn’t ensure that a certain name always stays out of sight.

I think it’s a great format for showing members of a group. It seems to scale well at least up to the 100+ members in the Old Guard, though I’m not sure how much farther it could go. Perhaps some kind of top-to-bottom alphabetization would make it easier to find people. Or concentric shells in alphabetical order that can be zoomed in and out. Or other name cloud techniques such as leaders being in a larger font or a different color.

Sorry, I’m getting carried away again.

Most of what you said is possible with the framework. There are a lot of options. Problem if I rotate it over two axis (don’t know how to do that yet though) is that it will take much long for the rotation to make a loop … I could let it skip or revese it though … will look into it.

Here’s the library if anyone is interested, thanks again to @hrobertson for sending me it, wouldn’t be this far without it : http://www.goat1000.com/tagcanvas.php

I liked the graph!
That it’s not alphabetical makes it better I think.

I thought it was amusing to find my name :smile:

Concur with JB’s comments about alphabetization & 2 axis rotation, but also had a hell of a time finding my name, searching all of the ā€˜outside’ tracks to no avail. Turns out it was in the middle the whole time ::facepalm::

The orb of awesomeness is most awesome indeed!

Is this better @JB47394 ?

10 Likes

I added the gif (and a link to the interactive one) in the OP. Great work!

I am in favor of keeping the written names in the OP as well. Perhaps we should go with the alphabetical order on that one?

way to fast for me to find my name but yes otherwise.

I formatted two options. It isn’t really user friendly and would require a text editor with vertical mode (e.g.: npp, if you got one though it’s easy):

http://pastebin.com/5tP7QhxN

 1. LucasFIN             51. The_Sane            101. Voidskipper
 2. Lomsor               52. TheDarkPal          102. IllOO
 3. cybercritic          53. Xpoint              103. Saturday
 4. Sab1e                54. TigerFang           104. case
 5. TerranAmbass         55. TheBrickWall        105. juanmanuelsanch
 6. SpaceDonki           56. Omegador            106. Lore
 7. Runiat               57. Zmann966            107. Alchemic
 8. celroid              58. Xanderxavier        108. Cinder
 9. Topperfalkon         59. Infinity6           109. Admiral
10. hrobertson           60. Zhyll               110. Katak
11. Universalpainki      61. selbie              111. scorflane
12. Hutchings            62. reinder             112. roninmizu
13. JB47394              63. khaze               113. Cyc
14. Arkenbrien           64. Delver              114. dekaku
15. Skyentist            65. HellsDog            115. Sean
16. ThornEel             66. Deep_Thought        116. Red_Syns
17. Kichae               67. Blues               115. Gorignack
18. altfuture            68. Weps                116. Kreydis
19. Benzin               69. lolsparta4          117. tiwake
20. Aleon                70. daiceman            118. maathyas
21. xamino               71. MrGibbs             119. Playbenni
22. my_fat_monkey        72. Jet_Fission         120. kibermiaf 
23. gutza1               73. LilParker           121. Parisbre56
24. Wargrim              74. Alphastorm          122. WalrusFist
25. NobleBrutus          75. Steel 
26. Crayfish             76. Replop 
27. spacet               77. granyte 
28. everglade            78. martindevans 
29. LyskTrevise          79. Krishna 
30. Japa                 80. Cise 
31. mattk50              81. AngryMarine 
32. bikkebakke           82. backzuth 
33. Shadowalker          83. scuderia 
34. NokturnL             84. ubersoldier 
35. Irish286             85. XeonXT_ 
36. frag971              86. Naiba 
37. Gryphon0468          87. thelazyjaguar 
38. Mal                  88. Dreadegg 
39. Ovog                 89. chavtheworld 
40. Bentware             90. Pendrokar 
41. zwolff               91. Naima 
42. Outlawed             92. Excrubulent 
43. DirkLarien           93. Aaron_Hoppe 
44. Wybo                 94. maded 
45. Shigawire            95. Alkan2 
46. Thorbinator          96. NavyFish 
47. Kaboom22             97. Tjafaas 
48. Ridh                 98. Sicar 
49. Irashi (HM)          99. w0dk4 
50. Sunk                100. inoX 

And numbe 2

http://pastebin.com/7nYKyba8

Aaron_Hoppe         Ovog                gutza1  
Admiral             Parisbre56          hrobertson  
Alchemic            Pendrokar           inoX  
Aleon               Playbenni           juanmanuelsanch  
Alkan2              Red_Syns            khaze  
Alphastorm          Replop              kibermiaf  
AngryMarine         Ridh                lolsparta4  
Arkenbrien          Runiat              maathyas  
Bentware            Sab1e               maded  
Benzin              Saturday            martindevans  
Blues               Sean                mattk50  
Cinder              Shadowalker         my_fat_monkey  
Cise                Shigawire           reinder  
Crayfish            Sicar               roninmizu  
Cyc                 Skyentist           scorflane  
Deep_Thought        SpaceDonki          scuderia  
Delver              Steel               selbie  
DirkLarien          Sunk                spacet  
Dreadegg            TerranAmbass        thelazyjaguar  
Excrubulent         TheBrickWall        tiwake  
Gorignack           TheDarkPal          ubersoldier  
Gryphon0468         The_Sane            w0dk4  
HellsDog            Thorbinator         xamino  
Hutchings           ThornEel            zwolff  
IllOO               TigerFang
Infinity6           Tjafaas
Irashi (HM)         Topperfalkon
Irish286            Universalpainki
JB47394             Voidskipper
Japa                WalrusFist
Jet_Fission         Wargrim
Kaboom22            Weps
Katak               Wybo
Kichae              Xanderxavier
Kreydis             XeonXT_
Krishna             Xpoint
LilParker           Zhyll
Lomsor              Zmann966
Lore                altfuture
LucasFIN            backzuth
LyskTrevise         bikkebakke
Mal                 case
MrGibbs             celroid
Naiba               chavtheworld
Naima               cybercritic
NavyFish            daiceman
NobleBrutus         dekaku
NokturnL            everglade
Omegador            frag971
Outlawed            granyte

Some touch ups and it would be acceptable, no?

1 Like

Any objections to 1 column of names? :wink: I personally don’t think the amount of names is too big for keeping them in 1 column.

Well it fills a whole scren (y= 1600px @ 100%):

I think such a list should either be bounded or hidden. If someone wants to look it up he can scroll trough it or open it. If he just want to check out what’s going on he has to scroll trough a list that could be 4 posts. Just menial stuff but eh.

Regardless of which way its sorted, I’m positioned in (almost exactly) the same place.

That’s because there has been a bug in the sorting … for what reason. That list would have to be redone.

Much more egalitarian, yes :smile:

A bit quick, of course. The other one seemed rather slower and was a better speed. Sorry to make it so difficult to turn into a seamless GIF.

I can’t really fix that. It’s not really much faster then the other, just the change of direction makes it seem that way. I’m already at the limit what is bearable for file size as I had to record for much longer to get a good view of all names.