[OG] The Old Guard (133 members - Pre KS nominees are listed in 4th post)

Heh, I was working on one of those for a while…

Minus plugging into any website though, mind

1 Like

Im here to accept my invitation,
Im not often as sadly its still less than the old forums, and I am not really able to add much to most discussions.

3 Likes

I’m still unable to add @IllOO’s graphics here. Still waiting for a word from the devs about the issue with editing older than 6 month posts. I understand you are busy with the looming KS and all but just a quick word? :wink:

@Hutchings
@INovaeKeith

Unable to add @IllOO’s graphics in what way?

Forum prevents normal and regular users from editing posts they made more than 6 months ago. A feature that seems intended to encourage posting multiple topics on the same topic rather than continuing a discussion for extended periods.

Let me ping @hrobertson for you, I think he knows exactly what config file and parameter to edit to enable longer edit periods, he was talking about it in the Art Challenges thread.

I have to disagree, it doesn’t do that at all. I still can post on all the gameplay topics from 2013 and discuss the matter there without creating a redundant additional topic.

I think it rather is there to prevent people going back and destroying basis for the discourse that happened after that post was created.
So for instance, I propose an idea and hundreds of posts are discussing it, then a year later I go and change something and it suddenly makes no sense.

Also it prevents people deleting all their posts when they suddenly get unsatisfied with the community or something … which sadly happens a lot on forums.

It’s just very annoying if you want to do stuff like this, projects that span longer then 6 months. Like this, and the minecraft server and registries of info.

So maybe we should propose that regular members can still edit their old posts? So make it part of the trust system. In the end you’ll never be capable of interacting on a forum without some trust somewhere. The way Discourse seems to be built it considers its posters to be enemies instead of the reason for its existence. :frowning:

EDIT: Didn’t we have a thread for this already? I can’t seem to find it in the support section…

3 Likes

@INovaeKeith I think it’s the post_edit_time_limit setting (which is in minutes).


[quote=“xamino, post:350, topic:575”]
So maybe we should propose that regular members can still edit their old posts? So make it part of the trust system. In the end you’ll never be capable of interacting on a forum without some trust somewhere. The way Discourse seems to be built it considers its posters to be enemies instead of the reason for its existence.

EDIT: Didn’t we have a thread for this already? I can’t seem to find it in the support section…
[/quote]
…

3 Likes

I am in before the Kickstarter. New to this forum, but following the game since back when the URL was www.infinity-universe.com/

I am a big supporter of this project and I will be contributing a substantial amount to the initial kickstarter for Battlescape, even though my real desire is to see Infinity MMO (first thing is first, right?).

3 Likes

I’ll try to remember to add you as soon as the OP is editable again.

LMAO, yeah Lucas, it will be editable again, sure. :wink:

2 Likes

Well I’m hoping a fix for the editing issue will be part of the upcoming web update since Keith has been notified about this issue.

1 Like

Yes, I understand, made me laugh though, thanks for that.

LucasFIN, well that was embarrassing. I came to pass a sardonic comment then discovered I haven’t created an account on this forum. I miss the long circular discussion with USNavyFish on the economy thread in the old forums.
I’ve been popping by but leading a very busy personal life IRL.

4 Likes

Wow that’s alot of names I haven’t really seen in years. I’m surprised some of you have been able to stay active for 8 years. I’ve been checking up on here every once in a while looking for progress but not really active. I’m glad there is going to be something more playable than the ICP.

2 Likes

I support Infinity since 2011 and joined these forums on the first day. Still haven’t been nominated though. :frowning:

2 Likes

Ahem…

I nominate @Cyc.

There you go! :smile:

2 Likes

I prouldy accept ! Thank you @Arkenbrien :smile:

2 Likes

I thought nominations are stopped until the first post is editable again ^^
Or is it just the adding of the new members? hmmmm…

(On a sidenote, how come that anyone that I think of: ‘humm I could nominate him/her probably, he/she really is an addition to the community’ already is in the old guard?)