Nostalgia: ICP 2.2a

Seems to work okay with modern NVidia cards. Runs fine on my GTX 960.

1 Like

Yes you are right. On Amd Cards it is unplayable, at least for me for the last 3 years.

It works great on my 980s in SLI, I would think if any setup is an issue it would be that one.

AMD changed their opengl handling somewhere around that time if I recall correctly, because Homeworld 2 which is also an old opengl game, broke too.

1 Like

For those that feel that shooty sounds are a bit too simple and the shields down alarm is annoying as hell.
A sound mod!
Drop it into \Data\Sounds

Just a personal preference, but I like my shield down alert to be annoying as hell. Makes me want to prevent it :wink:

The replacement is just as noticable it’s just not so, prototype’ish…

Shield down on carrier = annoying proto sound until end of match haha

yo coach, Im in ur server. That xad.lt seems to work fine indeed.
Got an hour or so gaming time.

Ah the joys of the ICP :smiley: I thoroughly enjoyed my first play of that in a long time! If Battlescape retains the essence of flying that is somewhat similar to that (minus the speed restriction) I will be a very happy space fan.

That and no WHOMP WHOMP WHOMP WHOMP WHOMP…

1 Like

It’s official, 108.17.156.164 port 7000 was accessed tonight! Short of my computer rebooting, it should be active 24/7.

It does! And, IMO, it is even better without the speed cap.

1 Like

Great, means I can let my pc take a rest the new server is:**

108.17.156.164

**

It is excellent to hear that firsthand. Wishing I could try it, though I’d probably need a better machine to run it!

When I was but a wee teenager I used to play tons of ICP. I don’t remember what my nickname was back then, but I do remember my nemesis Crayfish! (or at least I’m pretty sure it was you) I remember battling you many times in ICP.

Also hi guys, just pledged my 85 dollaroonies after Scott Manley put Infinity back on my radar. I’m very excited to see where Battlescape is going.

6 Likes

Apologies if anyone tried to play yesterday, it looks like my computer updated while I was on duty. Back online now!

1 Like

Ha, got it working!
Here’s a short video:

1 Like

So since aparently ICP server logs game state and updates the logfile while it’s running I can now write a server state broadcast thing.
It’s going to be a php script that read the file every time it’s updated, gathers current state of the game, json encodes the thing and fires it to a master server. When master server gets the json it’ll update that servers state accordingly.

Basically given a bit of tiem I can build a lobby/dynamic server list for this ancient thing so you could quickly find all the servers anyone would host, see how many players are on, see state of the current match, who is specifically playing, etc.

I am only beta access on Battlescape so I have some time to burn.

If you need anything from me, just let me know. I still have it up and running 24/7.