I’m glad they are finally opening up the gameplay to the public. It looks fun to play but I still have doubts it will hold my interest for long
I need to see a solid length of gameplay to understand it.
bikkebakke don’t forget that they use their own table of elements. So our conventions of evolving life doesn’t apply to that game ^^ At least they were using their own table last time I checked, they might’ve changed it since.
Nah, they say so in the video as well.
The problem I have with low-temp life is more that it shouldn’t remotely look like Earth-like life. And even if it did, there is no way they could move nearly as fast as high-energy Earth-like life.
The game looks nice enough, but that one bit, for some reason, broke my suspension of disbelief in half.
Ooh, I’ll need to take a look at this. Preorder may or may not follow
Yeah, many people get offput by expecting something remotely realistic … Personally I don’t worry at all about these things (‘photorealistic colors’ etc) so yeah ^^’ All I think is around the lines of: ‘that grass looks tight’, or ‘holy cow, so much grass’
And another one from IGN, though I’ll be linking via youtube cause IGN player is horrible
We are getting close to release, PS YouTube channel is hosting a few teasers, they are below.
.
.
ty for imformation.
Ignoring these so that I don’t get excessively hyped. Spore taught me my lesson
I haven’t jumped on the pre-order bandwagon but I have to admit I am really excited about this game and will be getting it on day one. There are some questions I have regarding this title:
- How long will it take the first player to get to the centre of the galaxy?
- Regarding other players in the universe, HG have said it would be a rare event to see another player. But is it actually possible?
Regarding 2 its my opinion that the game won’t even cater for true multiplayer. They have stated time and time again that you will be able to visit places other players have been and see the things they have named. In that case, aren’t you merely treading in their footsteps? That makes that much more likely. My gut feeling is that sooner or later someone on YouTube will post a video of two players in the exact same place and they won’t see each others avatar.
Happy to be proven wrong of course but I doubt it will happen.
…and survive:
There’s some leaked game-play out there, anybody else seen/heard about it?
I am from the nerar around future i see procedur generated words createst the russians scientists no one belive me. and sky with flying mans and ibs in steam stor for 799rur with diferent complects they call of duty super middle poor and hobo.
Heard about, having bothered checking it out for a couple of reasons. First is that I personally want to be surprised and I like playing games myself and figuring it out myself. The second is that the devs did ask people not to so that everything would be new or whatever.
The biggest reason is that I haven’t found the time to do much since it came out. May as well wait the extra week to play the real game anyways.
From what I’ve seen on reddit the early part is a lot like minecraft. Find stuff, gather stuff, craft/repair stuff. Lots of walking around a desolate planet.
Not that it’s a bad thing, but it certainly cements my expectations on what experience this game will give.
I really hope the game is moddable, I’d love it if parameters could be changed to alter the universe to become more realistic. I’d love to actually have to search for planets with life on them instead of finding them literally everywhere.
I cannot wait for Friday. This looks like its going to be a blast. It ticks all the boxes for me that’s for certain and all the controversy over multiplayer and whether its there or not…I don’t really care. I can take it or leave it.
Yes same here. More than expecting an increased multiplayer interaction I hope they’ve designed and used the procedral algorithms that way that they spawn different / additional space objects or change the worlds the more the player moves to the center.
It would be easily possible while tracking the players position and use this as parameter input for certain noise algorithms and / or combined with some threshold or rules on top of the noise algorithms.
If they just populated planets and stuff uniformly across the whole universe that would be a huge motivation issue. On the opposite if they’d procedurally generate more extrem worlds and or additional objects that could keep people playing.
I hope they havent designed the algorithms and rules too simple.