Nintendo Switch

Thats true. In buses or trains I can understand that lots of peoples are focused on their devices. But I agree to you, seing a couple in an italian restaurant both just watching their smartphones makes me feel… I dont know… thinking this is not good. Now I wonder what will happen if in the same scene the guy is using an NX:S telling his girlfriend to stay quiet the next 30 minutes because he needs to finish Zelda first :wink:

2 Likes

Well, they could play Zelda together instead

2 Likes

Next people will be texting while copulating. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Im just gonna say “Rule 34” and leave it at that :grimacing:

1 Like

Demo of the Switch on Jimmy Fallon. Starts around the 4:00 mark

4 Likes

I love how he’s completely geeking out

1 Like

Switch presentation is now up along with trailers.

$299.99 USD, no region locking on games.

Those tiny JoyCon controllers have a lot more features than I expected.

3 Likes

The hardware looks super cool, and based on the Mario Kart 8 port it’s reasonably beefy. Still, the announced software lineup is the weakest of sauces. I was really excited right up until the 1-2-Switch reveal, and it drained away quickly after that.

1 Like

Yes Nintendo seem to always trip up on the launch titles. Once again they have a lot to prove with the 3rd party titles. Skyrim is not going to carry much weight IMO.

It’s kinda disgusting that they plan to charge monthly for online multiplayer.

3 Likes

Yeah unless they come out with some worthwhile online games it’s not very appealing. Plus having a separate app for comms is pointless when you have Discord etc.

Eh, it’s the standard in the console sphere now. When Sony did it with the PS4, it was just going to happen.

What’s really disgusting are the accessory prices! $90 for an extra dock?!? It’s a USB/HDMI pass through! If I want a second dock and a second controller, it’s almost worthwhile to get a second system.

2 Likes

Maybe that’s how they intend to make sure that the console sells well? Make the accessories so pricey that people just buy whole consoles instead?

On a sidenote: It was Microsoft who started the whole paid multiplayer. Sony ‘added’ value by offering ‘free’ games each month to those who paid.

1 Like

Nintendo is notorious for producing tonnes of overpriced, underutilised accessories. Remember Wii Speak? :stuck_out_tongue:

The correct answer to this question would be a solid “No”

1 Like

A couple of videos that appears in my inbox recently.

Totalbiscuits take

[details=Jim Sterlings take. Link inside has profanity in the video title:]