Neptunes Pride 2 : Triton - Discussion and Community Games

And there goes my homeworld. :expressionless:

Good thing I have a spare! :triumph:

2 Likes

More appropriate music :wink:

2 Likes

Very appropriate. :dizzy_face:

11 stars. Looks like

was actually pretty accurate.

Slow-motion buffet indeed.

1 Like

Game over, man! Game over!

I LIVE!!! With 3 stars. :triumph:

2 Likes

So. . . is the in-house game still a thing?

2 Likes

I want it to be a thing …

@Skyentist ?


@hrobertson ?

I don’t think so. Work is busy again and my home PC has died.

I’m still in, although I really oughta be preping for the finals… :wink:

Same here, as I don’t have finals anymore (though a crunch could be lurking my way)

1 Like

I have hit one of those crunches ThornEel is talking about. I’ve been pretty inactive lately due to lots of homeworks and now I have 3 takehome tests due next week…I can make a game at the end of next week as long as everyone is still in.

@lomsor
@Arkenbrien
@martindevans
@TerranAmbass
@Topperfalkon
@The_Sane

Since @hrobertson is out, An 8th player would be preferred. I think we can still start a game with 7 though? I’m not sure. Does anyone else lurking the forums want to join in. It should start sometime around the end of next week.

1 Like

Well, let’s go for it then. If there is a crunch, I’ll manage somehow :smile:

1 Like

I’m still in.

I’m still in. Someone will need to instruct me on how to join though :smile:

/me coughs

Give me until Friday!! I’ve got 3 takehomes due, I could not possibly play triton this week while working on them.

Okay everyone, before I make the game, how should we make the galaxy? Dark start? Trading within scan range? A ancient race was in the galaxy before us and left jump gates? Do we have preferences or would we rather just play the game as is.

Importantly, how large do we want the galaxy to be?

1 Like

Just going down the settings list, I’d choose:

  • Formal Alliances Enabled
  • Expensive Gates
  • Rare Gates
  • Dark Galaxy Enabled
  • Resources Sparse
  • Development costs: Expensive Eco, Standard others
  • Cheap trades, only trade in scanning range
  • Maybe a couple of starting levels in hyperspace to speed up the game start
  • Turn based (maybe?)
1 Like

Interesting. I wonder what expensive Eco and sparse resources will do to the balance…

2 Likes

I like the way you think martin. I was thinking along the same lines with exception of turn based and that’s because I don’t really know how it works in the details… I can see the pro’s and con’s for it. It’ll be almost impossible to have all of us on at the same time to make a moves in a decent amount of time. . Is a turn the normal 24/28h cycle, or do we have to end our turn for every 1 hour production. If it’s for production that seems a little ridiculous, and later in the game it would be unreasonable when we have 15 hour jumps for ships to move. If it is for the 24 hour cycles, what happens to leftover time between jumps? Oh I see, I can choose. I can say 1 turn is a production cycle, or 1 turn is 8 ticks so 3 turns per production etc.

What are everyone’s thoughts on turn based? I’d still rather play real time.

Expensive eco and sparse resources will certainly make things interesting!

Edit: What sort of starting infrastructure? Ships? Stars? Should we start with just a home with 5 eco some Indy and science and go from there?

I’ve done the start with 1 star, no infrastructure, and 1000 or 1500$ and that was an interesting game.

1 Like