Minor Miscellaneous Forum Bugs

I know that (and there is no new account, it just doesn’t exist), the reason I couldn’t claim the account back then was because the email recovery wasn’t working, I posted about this and iirc you said something will be done about it.

I just want the join date on this account to reflect my original join, is there anything you can do about this, please?

I’m not sure if this is a bug, but the forums aren’t always giving me a blue number showing me the amount of new posts in a thread. Is this because I haven’t posted in those threads?

You only get the blue numbers for threads you’re tracking or watching.

You can set your tracking options in your profile settings.

Personally I track a thread the moment I enter it. And new threads have a special symbol.

For the blue numbers by the thread, you need to post in them, that’s the default.

Apparently it was set to 4 minutes so if I hadn’t spent 4 minutes in the thread it wasn’t being tracked. That would explain why it was so confusing I could see replies to some and not others…

Thanks for the help guys!

I still use FLTW as the bookmark label for this site… when I refer to the infinity forums as the FLTW forums people get confused as hell and I have to remind myself people don’t know about that website name anymore. x.x

1 Like

@INovaeKeith
Heres some screenshots. And also I’m gonna copy paste a description of my issue from a convo with @mattk50

4:58 AM - Lysk: what it was doing before was like
4:58 AM - Lysk: it would say i was logged in
4:58 AM - Lysk: i go to post
4:58 AM - Lysk: and it says
4:58 AM - Lysk: you must be logged in to to that
4:58 AM - Lysk: so i refresh the page
4:58 AM - Lysk: it says im logged out not
4:58 AM - Lysk: now
4:58 AM - Lysk: so i go to log in
4:58 AM - Lysk: i enter my info
4:59 AM - Lysk: i click login
4:59 AM - Lysk: it does nothing
4:59 AM - Lysk: the screen doesnt go away
4:59 AM - Lysk: and you can click it as many times as you want
4:59 AM - Lysk: it just stays there
4:59 AM - Lysk: so you close it
4:59 AM - Lysk: you refresh the page
4:59 AM - Lysk: and then it says youre logged in agin
4:59 AM - Lysk: again
4:59 AM - Lysk: but then you still cant post
4:59 AM - Lysk: so same problem
4:59 AM - Lysk: infinite loop

I get the warning about identity information at work, but not at home.

Ctrl+F5 fixes it for a while but then it comes back. Doesn’t affect functionality though… just a warning triangle instead of a padlock in the address bar.

That’s caused by mixed http/https content due to linked images being at an http address. Chrome is actually removing that icon in its next build because all it does is confuse people.

I suspected that but couldn’t find any that Discourse hadn’t downloaded yet to test the theory.

How do you quote on discourse? I know how to reply but I can’t find the button to quote someone

There are three ways:

  1. Select the text that you want to quote and click the “quote reply” button that comes up
  2. Select the text that you want to quote and click the “Reply” button in the bottom right of the post.
  3. Click reply to a post then click the speech bubble icon on the far left of the post editor toolbar.

Number 1 can be used repeatedly to add quotes from different posts to a reply that you have already started writing.

Thank you.
Also I’m not sure where to ask this without making a new thread or reviving a really old one just for a quick answer.

Has this ever been done? Because I haven’t linked my old account/imported it. I tried logging in with the same credentials but it hasn’t worked, maybe you have to register again using the old credentials? I’m not sure.If anyone has an insight into this I’d appreciate an answer.

I disabled legacy account recovery a year ago.

When it was active you just login with your old username and password.

@INovaeKeith, I imagine it’s a bit late now to do what you said…

Also @celroid, reviving an old topic is perfectly fine if you have something on-topic to add, or a relevant question such as this.

It seems I missed the announcement for that. Have I lost anything other than the date and maybe a title? A skin for old timers only?

You haven’t lost anything other than the date.

1 Like

The Battlescape FAQ topic created by @INovaeGene is pinned but not at the top of the forum. I have not manually unpinned it for myself so I’m fairly sure it should should still be there rather than lost amongst all the other 4 day old threads / posts.

Infinity : Battlescape FAQ

Might be a bug with the fact that it was also unlisted for a little while?

Sounds like a bug with unlisting and then listing it. Maybe try unpinging and pinning it again.