If you created a new account using the same email address as your old account and you didn’t import the old data then yes, it’s lost. For those of you who created a new account while legacy import was broken I’m working on a way for you to retrieve your old account.
Wow, thats a kick in the nuts. So I literally just signed up like 5 minutes ago with the exact same email address as my old account, and now I’m reading the forums and so I don’t get a “legacy” account, even though I’ve been a member since 2006? Imnotokaywiththis.jpg
If you used the same username it would’ve automatically ported your account. I’m assuming you didn’t do that?
My old user name was Captain_Trevise. As you might be able to guess, I made that a -long- time ago, and thus wasn’t quit happy with it any more. I actually requested a name change at one point, but it was decided that it was too much work to do.
Ok, no problem, I’m working on a solution as you’re certainly not the only person who has had a problem importing their legacy account. I’ll let everyone know once it’s ready.
Cool, thanks man! Would really hate to lose all of that…
Clearing my cache and cookies seemed to fix the issues. It still went to the blank invalidatecache page, but when I loaded the forum home page again I was logged in.
But glad the forums are back up.
Is there a way to change the username of an account? I’d like to get my old account back (I tested and it works again, thanks!) but like others, I made it a long time ago, with an obsolete name.
Not at the moment. I’m working on solutions for changing email/username etc. It’s going to be probably a few weeks because it isn’t the highest priority item atm.
Ok, thanks for the fast answer! I’ll just continue to use my new account until then.
It’d be great if you could implement nicknames too.
Let me add myself as another user who’s having trouble logging into his legacy account.
My old username is either Unclever title or Unclevertitle. I forget if spaces in usernames were allowed on the old forums.
I had forgotten my old password and tried to reset it a few times, unfortunately I never received an email about it.
I eventually tried logging in via Google+, I may have imported the old data in the process but I’m not sure. Is there something on my profile that would indicate whether or not I had, or if it had been successful? I may have been trying to do this while it was broken.
Anyway, I’d rather use the username I’m most accustomed to using rather than the one I use for Google+ even if I can’t retrieve my old account.
The same email address is associated with both my legacy account and with Google+.
If you use G+ to create your new account with the same email as the old it will only import your account if you use the same username and type in the legacy password. In retrospect this is kind of dumb and i’ll add it to my TODO list to fix. Unfortunately that doesn’t really help you as you now have a new account and didn’t import your old one. You aren’t the only one who has run into this problem and I am working on a solution for people who find themselves in the same situation as yourself. Just hang tight for a bit as there’s a number of more pressing issues I need to take care of first but it’ll get done as I know it’s important to you guys.
No problem. I have no qualms waiting until you have the time to work on the lower priority stuff.
@bowendj1 did you try Unclever_title? I’m probably wrong, but I seem to remember your name having an underscore in it.
Considering that this forum is like, bleeding edge, your commitment to fixing these issues is inspiring 
Hopefully at some point they’ll a) consider MySQL/MariaDB support b) create migration scripts from other forum software.
Just tried that now. No dice. But thanks, I hadn’t even considered that one.
Hm, perhaps I should have spent more time looking into importing my old account before creating a new one. I’m fairly certain I tried to log in with my correct old information first (which obviously didn’t work) but quickly resorted to creating a new account.
It occurs to me though that when signing up I was not allowed to include a space in my username, which my old username did include. How are spaced usernames from the old forum treated here?
If they are treated as an underscore then I probably screwed myself because I didn’t go back and try to log in as “The_Sane” before creating a new account with that name.
Spaces are not allowed. Before we launch the KS I’ll provide a special page that everybody can go to and link their old account for those of you who were unable and/or forgot to import your legacy account.
That’ll be good.
I understood that spaces aren’t allowed here, I just didn’t know where that left those with legacy accounts that did include a space in the name. But given a whole different way of recovering old accounts is in the works this is no longer an issue.